[DISCUSSION] Reborn Monotype Viability Rankings

Revman

Okay. I fucked up real bad by not realizing it's an egg move. If that's the case, I'd like to take back my statement about Seismitoad. Sorry about this.

About Blastoise, idk, never liked it tbh. I'm biased on this mon so....yea.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I haven't played my bug mono in ages I can provide some nice info on the pokemon I used

Bug

Butterfree

Ability: Tinted Lens or Compound eyes

Moves: Sleep Powder, Tailwind/Shadow Ball/Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance

Why: I was honestly surprised how well butterfree fared during my playthrough. It managed to keep pace with my strongest member and rivaled my vivilion in use. While it's base stats are very low it has its stats in the place it needs; Speed, Sp attack, and Speed. During the early game butterfree can support your team with nearly every status and a fast evolution letting it handle many threats. As the game progresses it continues to support your team via compundeyes sleep powder letting you bypass many difficult threats. And around 46 it learns Quiver Dance, arguably one of the best setting up moves in the game which lets it sweep easily. However butterfree is far from perfect, though it has well distributed base stats its overall base stats are less than 400. In addition butterfree's movepool is very barren; it only learns bug buzz, shadow ball, an psybeam for coverage.(Though this is mitigated a little bit by tinted lens.)

Vivilon

Abilities: Compoundeyes

Moves; Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance

Why: Vivilion is essentially butterfree V2. It does many of the things butterfree does but a little bit better. It has better base stats and a better movepool. The only major difference id that butterfree has slightly more Sp def making it a little easier to set up quiver dance on sp attackers and butterfree gets tinted lens. BUt overall as much as i lover butterfree I have to admit Vivilion is a little better.

It's 2;45 right now. I'll post the rest of my info tomorrow or when I can find time.

....Seismitoad gets Earth Power as an egg move, even without reverting to e14. Just want to point that out, not inclined to start more clashes here on forth after this. Don't see why this still merits the case though, considering Swift Swim and Water Absorb also mean it does, or can do entirely different things over Swampert.

Yeah my bad. Was tired when I edited, didn't fact check; it happens to everyone.

Still don't think it's A or B even with Earth Power, without a life orb it doesn't pack enough of a punch and doesn't have a justifiable amount of bulk especially with its lack of Scald. Besides, it seems as if we disagree on pretty much every Pokemon that isn't a clear cut candidate for a specific rank anyway let's be real here :)

While I haven't played my bug mono in ages I can provide some nice info on the pokemon I used

Bug

Butterfree

Ability: Tinted Lens or Compound eyes

Moves: Sleep Powder, Tailwind/Shadow Ball/Psybeam, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance

Why: I was honestly surprised how well butterfree fared during my playthrough. It managed to keep pace with my strongest member and rivaled my vivilion in use. While it's base stats are very low it has its stats in the place it needs; Speed, Sp attack, and Speed. During the early game butterfree can support your team with nearly every status and a fast evolution letting it handle many threats. As the game progresses it continues to support your team via compundeyes sleep powder letting you bypass many difficult threats. And around 46 it learns Quiver Dance, arguably one of the best setting up moves in the game which lets it sweep easily. However butterfree is far from perfect, though it has well distributed base stats its overall base stats are less than 400. In addition butterfree's movepool is very barren; it only learns bug buzz, shadow ball, an psybeam for coverage.(Though this is mitigated a little bit by tinted lens.)

Vivilon

Abilities: Compoundeyes

Moves; Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance

Why: Vivilion is essentially butterfree V2. It does many of the things butterfree does but a little bit better. It has better base stats and a better movepool. The only major difference id that butterfree has slightly more Sp def making it a little easier to set up quiver dance on sp attackers and butterfree gets tinted lens. BUt overall as much as i lover butterfree I have to admit Vivilion is a little better.

It's 2;45 right now. I'll post the rest of my info tomorrow or when I can find time.

Thank you for your Butterfree analysis. I've already wrote up an analysis for Vivillon, but thanks anyway!

Yeah my bad. Was tired when I edited, didn't fact check; it happens to everyone.

Still don't think it's A or B even with Earth Power, without a life orb it doesn't pack enough of a punch and doesn't have a justifiable amount of bulk especially with its lack of Scald. Besides, it seems as if we disagree on pretty much every Pokemon that isn't a clear cut candidate for a specific rank anyway let's be real here :)

Didn't say I wanted it to retain the rank, I was simply renouncing and correcting a wrong fact. I don't see why you have to make an assumption like that just because of it, although I apologize for anything/whatever I did in the past to make you think that way.

To stick with the topic, though. I guess it can merit B-C, but not D; Seismitoad is not and never an inferior Swampert unless the Mega shows up, in which by then even the Swift Swim set is outclassed even if they attack from different spectrums. Scald argument applies to Swampert as well, as the difference is bulk isn't like leagues apart anyway, and Seismitoad gets a defensive trait over Pert in Water Absorb. Turning a neutrality to an immunity that gives HP helps a lot, although probably not significant at the moment until we get like Amaria.

Seismitoad also means you get to pick Greninja since the free Swampert got axed, meaning it's the best Water/Ground unless you decided to pick Swampert over Greninja, so the availability factor is another thing.

Life is getting busy as it is and I think I've done more than my needed share here anyway, so don't worry about me messing with all this any time soon, if ever. It was enjoyable, though, so thanks.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

OK so since its practically impossible to do a dragon mono run unless you bend the rules to include non-mega Charizard or hack the starters I've never actually done a run with them but I'll write a little about some dragon mons you could theoretically use.

First up, Flygon. Even with being moved in EP15 to much later it's stills an excellent dragon, especially given how few there are in general and particularly in Reborn. It has acceptable stats when considering the limited selection and only viable comparison in mainly legends and pseudo legends with both a 100 base att and 100 base spd. The ability levitate also adds a huge advantage with a certain movepool. as for the movepool, dig is a must, with the average spd of flygon and its physical power its already decent, but its ability lets it avoid one of the worst drawbacks by taking zero damage from earthquake even while using it. Next earthquake is good given it learns it naturally and makes great use of its att. Follow up with dragon claw which is preferable to dragon rush for the additional accuracy even at the cost of power, and then use either rockslide or fly for other coverage. As a rank for a run I'd say A simply because it isn't available until later game where it can't really continue to sweep so immediately, although it's still very good If it were still available earlier it would really be an S rank. Ground gems make the best held items, though a plate is better long term.

Next Kingdra, as the only non legend water dragon its a must for a monorun and beyond that has some really great options available, especially if you're willing to breed several seadra with other pokemon before using the hard to get dragon scales. It has very sturdy even stats with most being 95. Any ability will do with Kingdra though sniper is the best for a lot of mons unless you are guaranteed to have rain set up for swift swim. so the moves to use vary depending on if you want a physical or special attacker. for sp. att use Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Surf, and Signal beam for coverage. For a physical att. use Waterfall, dive, outrage, and dragon dance. Setting up dragon dance means any attack is a lot stronger and outrage in particular becomes nearly unstoppable when you remember to hold a persim berry to cure your pokemon at the end of its period. Rank wise, either A or S rank based on special or physical setup respectively.

Then Haxorous. Provided the egg you get is a haxorous egg its a great physical attacker. As far as ability goes the best option is moldbreaker as it will give haxorous an added edge in battle. the move set on haxorous is limited without tms but still good for its job. Dragon Dance or swords dance to set up, then Dragon Claw, outrage, and giga impact. simple yet devestating with its 147 base att. plus stab to everything but giga impact. Haxorous is a great physical sweeper with a powerful moveset, and the use of a life orb to subtract the recoil from giga impact means that it is deadly offensively. The problem is it is weak defensively and can be out sped, which means that combined with a limited movepool, I'd only give it an A ranking.

Altaria. Given its use more as a defender than offensive its almost sertainly a must for a run, but its real value will sadly only be useful when mega evolution becomes possible. as far as abilities go cloud nine is the better option. It has a great movepool but the best choice is to go with special attacks and stat boosts. Dragon dance, dragon pulse, moonblast, and sky attack to make use of the upped attack are ideal. if you want to use perish song for bsses though thats also plenty useful. Given its lack of mega evolution to make it really great, and how many trainers use things that simply overpower the normal form, mega altaria woukd have to be a B rank mono pokemon.

Druddigon. Given its ability rough skin and high attack it needs to be a physical attacker, the real problem with this is its 48 spd stat. It cannot learn any real stat raising moves so hoping to outlast opponents is the battle style needed and why rough skin is the best option. As for moves, dragon claw, dragon tail, superpower, and outrage are the best. persim berry for outrage is a good item. Because of its slow speed and tiny learned movepool, the rank for Druddigon in a mono run is probably a C, but because of how few options there are its no reason to exclude it from a team.

Dragalge. This is mainly useful as a fairly early dragon and one that can use status effects well. Adaptability is just the best choice period for ability and goes well with a movepool that works on dragalge's sp. att. Dragon pulse, sludge bomb, toxic spikes, and sludge wave. Its lacks variety but is a strong counter to most types and allows field setup. Id have to say dragalge gets a B because it has low speed that even with its sp def is hard to overcome and a small movepool that cant really be made too much better without tutors or TMs.

Lastly Tyrantrum. Ability should be rock head as while useful, strong jaw just isn't as useful for tyrantrum. focus on its use as another physical fighter, especially for normal recoil moves. Moves should be dragon dance, dragon claw, head smash, earthquake, stealth rock, giga impact, crunch, and thrash. It has a lot of physical power and good defense so its average spd is fine. the only real drawback is the number of types it is weak to, but this is somewhat negated by when you can first get it, having bypassed both fighting and grass gyms. I'd say that Tyrantrum is easily a strong B or low A rank pokemon for dragon mono runs.

Edited by Xenome

Accelgor

Abilities: Hydration/Sticky Hold/ Unnburden Aka nothing good.

Moves: Giga Drain/ Bug Buzz/ U-Turn

Why: Accelgor is an interesting pokemon for a bug mono. It has blazing speed(145) and good special attack(100) which make it pretty good during the mid game and at taking out slower class cannon type pokemon(You can get it when you visit azurine Island by using a linkstone on a shelmet). However it is burdened by a very poor defensive stats(40 def, 60 sp def) which means it will struggle against more bulky pokemon. Its abilities are nothing notable, they generally never have any use. Its movepool while not bad is't amazing limited to bug/grass. But accelgor does fufill an interesting niche for bug monoruns, it has access to grass moves. One of the biggest issues for a bug mono is rock types namely geodude line/aron line/ rogenrolla line. Accelgor is one of the few bug types pokemon that can handle these pokemon pretty well(as long as they don't have sturdy....) as well as deal with water types like Taka's Floatzel (Ice fang op). The problem is the only reason you would use this pokemon is for grass type coverage which leavany does much better. If you have an empty slot on your team or if you need a bug type with grass coverage go ahead accelgor is actually not a bad pokemon but other wise I would not recommend it.

Escavalier

Abilities: Swarm/ Shell Armor/ Overcoat

Moves: Iron Head/ X-Scissor/ Sword Dance/ Iron Defense/ Drill Run/Reversal(?)

Why: Escavalier is an incredibly powerful pokemon for a bug monorun. Its typing is steel/bug is fantastic offering a ton of resistances and only one weakness. Its stats are overall pretty good, its attack is amazing (135 atk) and its defense are great as well(105 sp def/ 105 def), though its speed is garbage (20 spd) but it doesn't matter when it can take anything that isn't fire and retaliate even harder. Its abilities are rather meh, overcoat is ok but kind of niche, shell armor isn't that bad but not very good, swarm is probably the best ability. Esclavier has a very good movepool, Iron head and X-scissor cover its STABs, Iron defense turns esclavier into a physical monster, Swords dance turns it into an amazing wall breaker, drill run lets it cover steel/rock types which wall out most bug types, and reveresal ummm it covers rock/steel if you don't have the shards for drill run. Escavalier is incredibly important for a bug monorun, it is absoutely amazing against Noel, Serra, and Radamous. it's steel typing walls out noel's normal types, it's one of the few pokemon that can face up against Serra' ice types, and it can single handly defeat Radamous do to Radamous's Trick Room. It cover most of bug types weaknesses and handles rock/steel types which are the bane of bug types. Overall escavalier is an absolutely fantastic pokemon to pick up on a bug monorun, the only thing holding it back from S is perhaps its low speed and lack of an excellant ability.

Pinsir

Abilities: Mold Breaker/Moxie/ Hyper Cutter

Moves: Superpower, Swords Dance, X-Scissor,

Why: Pinsir is actually a very good pokemon. It's base stats are quite respectable, its attack is great(125 atk), its defense is surprisingly pretty high (100 def), and it has decent speed (85 spd). It's abilities are mostly meh, Hyper Cutter and Mold Breaker are both very situational but Moxie is absolutely amazing letting it go on an utter rampage once it gets a knockout. Pinsir's move pool is also pretty good, it has a tons of fighting moves which cover steel/rock types which many bug types struggle with, it X-scissor to cover its STAB, and it gets Swords Dance which lets it sweep slower teams. Pinsir also does amazing versus Luna do to its figting type moves and can easily punch holes through her team with moxie boosted figtying moves. However despite all the things Pinsir has going for it it will almost never be used on a team for one major reason. The event where you get Pinsir forces you to choose between Pinsir and Heracross. Heracross is essentially Pinsir V2, its bases stats are very similar to Pinsirs except it has more sp def than def (95 sp def/75 def compared to 100 def/ 70 sp def). It also gets access to Moxie and its other abilites Guts and Swarm are also pretty good as well. However the main reason why heracross is so much better than Pinsir is its typing and its movepool. Heracross is Bug/Fighting which gives it a fighting STAB, Pinsir sadly despite all the fighting moves it gets misses out on his which hurts it a lot. The final nail in the coffin is the movepool, the only thing that Pinsir has that heracross doesn't is Swords Dance which Heracross cannot learn naturally. On the other hand Heracross does everything better, it get Close Combat instead of Superpower which synergies much better with Moxie, it gets Megahorn instead of X-Scissor, and it also gets Ariel Ace, Night Slash, and Bullet Seed for further coverage. While Pinsir can punch holes in Lunas team Heracross can straight out sweep her with Moxie boosted close combats. Overall Pinsir is a great pokemon with a ton of potential, sadly it got put right next to the pokemon which outclasses it in every single way. Show this bug some mercy if your up for it, it wont disappoint.

Heracross

Abilities: Moxie, Guts, Swarm

Moves: Close Combat, Mega Horn, Knight Slash, Ariel Ace

Why: It's essentially Pinsir V2, it does everything that Pinsir did but better. I mentioned most of the information I had for heracross in the Pinsir article.

Vespiquen

Rank C

Abilities: Unnerve/ Pressure

Moves: Attack Order/ Power Gem/ Defend Order/ Toxic/ Destiny Bond/Air Slash/ Swagger

When I was researching which pokemons I was going to try out on my mono bug run vespiquen looked amazing. While neither of its abilities are terribly useful its stats looked pretty decent. It has pretty solid mixed def (102 sp def and 102 def) and it had good mixed attacking stats as well (80 atk and 80 sp atk) though it is very slow ( 48 spd). What made me so interested in it was its interesting movepool. Vespiquen gets some pretty interesting moves such as Power Gem for rock coverage, toxic for stalling, Defend Order for becoming an offensive monster, and Destiny Bond for taking down bosses (or Shelly's Ancient Power spamming Yamega). However things didn't translate from paper to the game very well...... The thing about vespiquen is while it appears to have decent defense it struggles to take 2-3 hits and it can't retaliate very hard. This coupled with its low speed makes it very hard to train and maintain without having to use a ton of potions on it. Its lackluster bulk also means it struggles to toxic stall and set up defense order. It sort of suffers from 4 move syndrome, it has a ton of great moves but its limited in what it can take. i had a hard time managing to keep vespiquen leveled with my team, its simply really hard and time consuming to train. it is however that vespiquen fufills a niche role as a suicide bomber of sorts while using destiny bond and quick claw which lets your team bypass threats that would wall you. overall I can't recommend vespiquen to anyone doing a bug mono, its simply really hard to get and really lack luster unless you want to use it for quick claw destiny bond than by all means go ahead.

Yamega

Abilities: Tinted Lens Speed Boost

Moves: Bug Buzz/ Air Slash/ U-Turn/Detect

Why: Yamega is quite an interesting pokemon if you are willing to put up with it. Yamega's stats are pretty good. Its special attack is pretty good (116 special attack), its physical defense is actually decent (86 def/ 86 hp) and yamega isn't that fast compared to a few other bugs like accelgor and galavantula though this is patched by its ability (95 speed). However abilities is where yamega truly shine, speed boost is arguably one of the best abilities in the game and lets yamega essentially outrun any pokemon when combined with detect. Don't use tinted lens trust me it sucks compared to Speed Boost. Yamega's movepool is unfortunately rather shallow, it gets Air Slash and Bug Buzz for STAB, Detect to compliment Speed Boost, U-Turn for pivot, and Shadow Ball for coverage. The unfortunate part is that yamega doesn't get a special STAB until lvl 54 unless you use heartscales which is a lot more manageable. Yamega is a fantastic pokemon and has carried me through many gyms however it does take quite a bit to get it to its full potential.

Durant

Abilities: Swarm, Hustle, Truant

Moves: Iron Head, Dig, X-Scissor, Hone Claws(Egg Move)

Why: Durant is can be an incredibly powerful physical attacker if its moves hit..... Durant stats are great for a fast physical attacker, its attack while not highest among bugs is nothing to scoff at (109 atk) its speed is also pretty good ( 109 spd) and it also has some nice defense so it can sponge physical attacks decently (112 def). But abilities is what defines Durant, namely Hustle which by trading 20% accuracy boosts Durant's physical attack by a whopping 50%! Durants other abilities are swarm which isn't that bad and truant which I guess you could use for entrainment? Durants movepool is a bit shallow, it gets Iron Head and X-scissor for STAB, and Dig to cover steel types. That's about it:/ However if you breed Hone Claws onto Durant which patches its accuracy problems and further boosts its attack Durant become an absolute monster. Durant does face competition with Escavelier which shares its typing and is able a little earlier than it but its a good pokemon to put onto any team especially if you are willing to breed Hone Claws onto it.

• 1 month later...

I just finished my water mono type run,and it seems one of the Pokemon that helped me out a lot early/middle of the game isn't here,so I'm gonna do him justice!

Dewgong:(Water) Class -C/D

Abilities:Hydration/Thick Fat

Movesets: Perish song,Surf,Ice Beam,Sheer Cold/Frost Breath

Reason:While some people may laugh at the face of Dewgong,you might be surprised at what it can actually do,before we get into his advantages,lets talk about his disadvantages.First of all,you can "Have" a chance of either getting a Canea(If I am not mistaken)or a Seel egg,so thats a 50/50 chance to get him.Second,His stats arent quite that high,with a total of 475.Now lets talk about his advantages,You can get him as soon as you kill the first Pulse-Tangrowth,which is a bit early than any other ice types in the game (I think).Secondly,for a water mono run,the second gym leader and those pulse-Tangrowths can be a huge problem,but thanks to Seel having a chance to get perish song,its pretty much a free kill.This actually helped me beat the "Impossible" Bosses,you just need to sash it and wait for 3 turns than boom,the threat is gone.Lastly(this is all that i could think of,maybe i'll edit something later.),This is Pokemon Reborn,Hax are bound to happen every battle and because this is Reborn,it also rain 24/7,Dewgong gets to counter hax with its ability,hydration which removes all status that is inflicted,such as poison and burns when rain is active,this can be very helpful if your very unlucky like me ( :unsure: )and its great for a rain team,Oh and I almost forgot,with your rival,Fern using grass types,your going to be needing a counter for that,and Dewgong with its ice typing comes into play.The reason why Dewgong isnt higher on his class,beside his disadvantages i have written above,Dewgong gets out classed by many Water Type that you get Late/Mid game such as Lapras,Heck,even Swanna is better than him,but still,theres no other early game poke that gets perish song, so thats got to be a plus right?

Edited by Alpha_Blitz

Um, if I may give my two cents about my Electric monotype run...

Pachirisu

Ability: Pickup (For item support)/Volt Absorb (For dealing with Electric-types)

Moves: Bide, Nuzzle, Super Fang, Sweet Kiss

Why: Take a look at Pachirisu and you might just dismiss it as a junk Pikachu ripoff. However, as Pachirisu proved during the World Championships of 2014, there's more to this cute little squirrel than meets the eye. In the Championships, it was follow me, but in Reborn, it's bide. Having decent (especially for the point in the game where you get it) speed, it should be able to get a fast bide off (even outspeeding most priority users) and tank several hits with its great defenses, then counterattack with enough force to KO most foes. Seriously, this little squirrel has gotten me past some of my toughest opponents so far, such as Julia's Electrode, Cain's Nidorino, and the first PULSE Tangrowth. It even gets great support moves, like nuzzle and sweet kiss for parafusion, and super fang to circumvent its weak attacking stats and soften up foes for later attackers. Unfortunately (as mentioned in the previous sentence), its attacking stats are abyssal, preventing it from doing much damage outside of bide. Even worse, without an evolution, it trails off eventually, as 60/70/90 bulk is kinda meh, especially against foes like El's Arceus or Solaris' Garchomp. Still, for the early-to-mid-game at least, Pachirisu is a great Pokemon.

Edited by supermario79411

• 4 weeks later...

Well , so let's give some ranking after the end of my monorun :3

Poliwrath for B+ Rank

Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Rain Dance , Waterfall/Dive , Body Slam / Circle throw
Item (If applicable): Damp rock
Why: Well Poliwrath is a quite good pokemon. From the middle game, Poliwrath is mandatory by providing a water coverage in the team. Without it, passing through gliscor for example is a nightmare. But even with that good advantage, Poliwrath must absolutely place a rain dance, so it must lose a turn and his movepool isn't versatile, his only water physical stab is Waterfall.....Which you gain in episode 13. So well, it is mandatory, but not powerful.

Hitmonchan for D Rank

Ability: Iron fist
Moves: Bullet Punch, Thunder Punch, Fake Out, Close Combat
Item (If applicable): Anything
Why: Thought its versatile movepool would help a lot in the team, but he's clearly outclassed by medicham. He isn't bulky enough to tank anything, to fast enough to outspeed anything, and doesn't have any resistance to psychic, fairy or flying. His priority attacks wont do that much damages, even with my max ev investment. So well. Nothing big deal. Dont waste your time with him.

Hawlucha for S Rank

Ability: Unburden
Moves: Swords dance / Bounce / Hjkick / Dual chop
Item (If applicable): Focus Sash / Flying or fighting gem
Why: One of the MVPs here, Hawlucha is simply an excellent answer to the main weakness of fighting monotype : most of the pokemons in the run aren't fast enough to outspeed anything, and Hawlucha with unburden outspeeds EVERYTHING. Stabbed bounce, stabbed high jump kick and swords dance will get him to tear apart lot of teams, especialy Terra and Blake. The pokemon is worth the training.

Gallade for S Rank

Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Leaf Blade / Close combat / Night Slash / Destiny bond OR Psycho cut
Item (If applicable): I gave him miracle seed
Why: Gallage provides a psychic resistance and coverage aswell, night slash is useful, while leaf blade and close combat are too. Destiny bond is the thing that let me get through every boss battle, i cant beat them without Destiny bond. He's fast a quite bulky, he will help you until the end of the run in all ways because of it's versatility. It's the best answer you have for pokemons like Quagsire or That clayboybunny from Terra, it will be excellent in mostly all gyms you will take it in. Radomus will rage aswell against Gallade <3

Hitmonlee for A Rank

Ability: Unburden
Moves: Fake out , Close Combat , Blaze Kick , Bounce
Item (If applicable): Normal Gem
Why: One of the most underrated, Hitmonlee is a pokemon that has the same pro as Hawlucha, with unburden normal gem, it outspeeds everything. It helped a lot with Luna's battle, but Samson the most, since it learns bounce in Agathe Circus, making him a decent flying type user. He also has blaze kick to deal with threats like tropius and momartik, so that helps a lot. Hawlucha is better, but Hitmonlee is available early , and you can play them both for better results like i did with Terra.

Infernape for A+ Rank

Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Fire Pledge, Nasty plot, Close Combat , HiddenPower/Grass Knot
Item (If applicable): Charcoal
Why: The most useful pokemon i had early game. I recommend a special one , since Nasty plot ember, and later fire pledge helped me too much sweeping entire teams. From Julia to florinia, and Shelly, not forgetting Aya because of fire pledge getting boosted, the pokemon is really useful. One nasty plot and you're ready to sweep, that's incredible. However, in late game, he's just not fast enough to follow Terra, Ciel, and such.

Medicham for S- Rank

Ability: Pure Power
Moves: Zen Headbutt / Ice punch / Drain Punch / Hjkick
Item (If applicable): Black Belt / Icicle Plate
Why: A better hitmonchan, available quickly, with a psychic stab for all poison battle and a great coverage once you reach the move tutor, i like Medicham because he's a wrecking ball on its on. Medicham also has drain punch, who helps him to stay longer and longer. However, his speed lacking will hurt him in late game, that's kinda...Bad :'( But he earns a good spot in any team.

Hitmontop for B- Rank

Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Fake out, Drill run, Close combat, Wide Guard
Item (If applicable): Anything, i gave him fighing gem.
Why: It served his only role, Aka letting me get though Charlotte, but even a technician one don't hit hard enough and is outclassed. The only role he can fulfill well is a double protector with wide guard and intimidate, and only Charlotte spams eruptions and such.

Chesnaught for C+ Rank

Ability: BulletProof
Moves: Leech Seed, Spikes, Spiky Shield, Woodhammer
Item (If applicable): Any
Why: Well, in the showdown, he can deal a lot of damages because we dont have any recover, but here, it's not bulky enough to stall, it's not faster enough to sweep, so you cant give him any position besides spiking the team. So well. It's a grass coverage, but you already have gallade for that.

Conkeldurr for A- Rank

Ability: Guts or Sheer Force (I prefear the latter)
Moves: Rock slide, Bulk up, Drain punch, Superpower
Item (If applicable): Black belt
Why: I hate to say that, but Conkeldurr isn't as awesome as he's in the game. One of my fav fighting pokemons lost his pride here because of being available too late in the game. Sure he's one of the few to get a rock type and he's a good bulky, but Hariyama is already EV Trained at this point, got knock off, heavy slam, and Guts / Thick fat. So it's outclassed. It helps a lot for Samson though.

Emboar for A+ Rank

Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Rock smash, Flamethrower/Flare Blitz , Body Slam, Hammer Arm
Item (If applicable): Anything
Why: A surprise, didn't think the pokemon was that bulky, and that thing can be special or physical as you wish. Rock Smash is a fuckin good move, and Emboar is bulky enough to tank things even without EV spread on HP. I putted 252 in speed, letting him outspeed some threats in the game. Even in the late game, he proved he was useful facing Charlotte for example. It's a mandatory pokemon.

Sawk for B Rank

Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Counter, Retaliate, bulk up , Close Combat
Item (If applicable): Nothing
Why: While counter Sturdy is a good thing, it's the only good thing that Sawk brings in the team, otherwise it's not fast enough to speed and not bulky enough to tank, just leave him after Noel and you're fine. He is your only ally vs Solaris though.

Primeape for C- Rank

Ability: Defiant
Moves: Thrash, Punishment, Close combat Cross Chop
Item (If applicable): Black Belt
Why: Too frail as a mankey, too frail as a Primeape. Despite a wonderful ability in Defiant, the monkey will not last in your team. His movepool is catastrophic, letting any pokemon that resists cross shop kill him. Thrash is his second best attack while punishment is the third. Nothing to be scared about for any gym leader...Use him because you need to, and thrash him when you can.

Heracross for S Rank

Ability: Moxie / Guts
Moves: Megahorn, Reversal, Rock Blast, Close Combat
Item (If applicable): Black belt / silver powder
Why: While catching it was a pain in the ass, it was really worth it. It appeared in most battles since i caught him and took Luna in a 1VS5 match, Heracross has two destructive abilities in Guts and defiant, making him a wrecking ball. He has rock blast against flying, who is very good. i think he's mandatory in every fighting run, since Bug moves will also wreck Psychics.

Pangoro for D+ Rank

Ability: Scrappy
Moves: Hammer Arm, Crunch, Shadow Claw, Body Slam
Item (If applicable): Any
Why: Despite his typing, Pangoro isn't bulky enough to take anything, even after it evolves, and will end up serving as a healing body for another better pokemon. He isn't fast, so you can drop him quickly. Take him at the start just because you need pokemons to fuel your team. I didnt even use him vs Shade.

Hariyama for A+ Rank

Ability: Guts Pre-Aya , Thick fat Post Aya
Moves: Heavy Slam, knock off, fake out , close combat
Item (If applicable): Anything.
Why: Speaking of pokemons that last during the whole adventure, you got a good one. The second Bulkiest fighting pokemons with a better movepool and a better availability in the game than Conkeldurr, knock off will deal with lot of things while heavy slam with help with the fairy battle. Fake out is a good utility aswell and both guts and thick fat are useful in early and late game respectively. I recommend Hariyama in the whole run.

Scrafty for S Rank

Ability: Moxie
Moves: DDance / Crunch / Head Smash / Hjkick
Item (If applicable): Anything, black belt is a good one
Why: I love it, the best sweeper in the fighting run. I like how Dragon dance + moxie can sweep a whole team, and the Scrafty helped me against Shade, Taka, Solaris, Aya, and every obstacle in the run until the end game, since placing Scrafty is really difficult at this point, leaving a pokemon with a low speed on the ring...But he got head smash too , so it will break every wall you need to break if you can place him

Machamp for B-Rank

Ability: No guard
Moves: Dynamic punch, knock off, bulk up, cross chop
Item (If applicable): Black belt
Why: While no guard is wonderful, the poor movepool of Machamp isn't a good thing. Despite the knock off he can learn, he doesn't have anything else relevant besides fighting moves. Machamp si cool, especially for Samson , but he's outclassed by lot of pokemons and EV training him isn't worth the power.

Lucario for C+ Rank

Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Aurasphere, Vaccum Wave, Dark pulse, Water pulse /HP (enter typing here)
Item (If applicable): /
Why: As a special sweeper, it lacks flash cannon which is a tm move, letting Hidden power, dark pulse, aurasphere, vacuum wave and water pulse as moves, that sucks. As a physical attacker, he's a cheap medicham once again, if not for extreme speed who can be cool....But well, he wont do anything to terra,neither to Ciel, at least in monofighting. In a regular run he could be a decent physical sweeper though.

Mienshao for C Rank

Ability: Regenerate
Moves: Calm mind, u-turn, HP xx , Aurasphere
Item (If applicable):
Why: Same as Lucario, but without the flying resistance, it doesnt provide anything neither as a special or physical attacker. If you dont have Heracross you have u-turn...But well.

Throh for E Rank

Ability : Mold Breaker

Moves : Any

Item : Any

Why : The worst pokemon in the run, even training it is a pain. Self explanatory when you try to kick even a corsola with him x)

Toxicroak for S+ Rank

Ability : Dry Skin

Moves : Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Bounce

Item : Black Sludge / Life orb

Why : ALL HAIL THE MVP OF EVERY FIGHTING MONO RUN ! Toxicroak is available very early in the game, letting him be an excellent sweeper , covering the fairy and psychic weaknesses because of sucker punch and poison jab. The pokemon also has an access to knock off and a powerful ability : Dry Skin. Starting from Aya and the black sludge in the wasteland, he is both the best sweeper and the best tank in the whole game. He will tank well common moves, and will recover by himself using sludge, dry skin and drain punch. This move is the best fighting type move i could ever use in the run. Toxicroak stayed in my team from Shelly to Seel included and did the final blow to the latter. He's the MVP in any fighting run. Despite nasty plot, i dont recommand using special one since it loses drain punch and its staying power. See my battle vs Fern and Blake to see how important he is.

You can find my run here if you need more informations about my fights http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18033&page=6

And i'm open to discuss anything regarding the ratings ^^

I haven't done any mono-type run so I can't help much. But I have gathered a list of the missing pokemon.

This includes pokemon which aren't obteinable yet. And this doesn't includes legendary pokemon.

Thinking about making a Psychic, and two water mono-runs.

PoisonIC.gif:

Qwilfish

NormalIC.gif:

Dodrio
Farfetch'd
Kangaskhan
Persian
Pidgeot
Raticate
Dunsparce
Furret
Girafarig