[Poison Outbreak] - A Reborn Monotype Run

Masquerain

Updating the Topic  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of updates would you like to see on my run?

• Everything of higher significance than "I stepped on tile x and found a rattata"
    • Only Key character battles and Gym battles
    • Only progress on caught/trained/rotated pokemon
    • Only Gym battles
    • Progress on pokemon team-related things, key character and gym battles
    • Nothing. Go away, nobody cares about your run
    • Other (comment)

Hello dudes, dudettes, and folks that are neither! First of all, I hope this is the right section for a thread of this kind, if not, I'm sorry in advance and hope it can be moved to the right section!

Then... I can now finally start my very first monotype Pokemon adventure ever, and I've decided to make a progress journal-topic out of it!

As the title makes clear enough- I'll be doing a Poison monotype Reborn run, with this little guy as my starter- 690.gif (Thanks RainbowDash for the help)

Current Progress:

Badges: 0

Team: 690.gif (lv 7, Male, Modest, Adaptability)

Feel free to comment with discussion or anything else related you may want to say o3o !

Here we go! The Waste is watching...

I'm a she, btw o3o

I do plan on using a Skuntank but I'm currently having trouble finding a Stunky in Peridot.. been tryin in the alleyway/garden but nothing comes up, wonder if it's been replaced

Hasn't, I've run into a few in the Alleys.

I'm a she, btw o3o

I do plan on using a Skuntank but I'm currently having trouble finding a Stunky in Peridot.. been tryin in the alleyway/garden but nothing comes up, wonder if it's been replaced

Sorry about that, my bad.

If you're looking for Stunky, it's only in the southern alleyway, the one on the way to the railnet. The top one doesn't have any. The On The Hunt section's EV Training Guide has wild encounter rates by location.

Sorry about that, my bad.

If you're looking for Stunky, it's only in the southern alleyway, the one on the way to the railnet. The top one doesn't have any. The On The Hunt section's EV Training Guide has wild encounter rates by location.

Damnit, I was looking in the upper one... thanks a bunch, you saved me a lot of time-wasting ._.

Early Toxic Spikes Trubbish much? If you're lucky enough, some of these in the wild hold Black Sludge so you get some free lefties. You'll find Acid Spray extremely helpful for support.

Hopefully this is as enjoyable as making my mono-ice is... Speaking of, because E15 is out publically now, I can post videos and update the run worry free <3

I recall a spoiler-lock until.. July? E15 isn't out publically yet, it's for the (hard)core community members only. I have a feeling that once videos of this are posted (including shofu's videos), people are going to start flooding the forums and a bajillion of bug reports are gonna start popping up due to not every bug being located/fixed as of yet..

On-topic, gl w/ your run, I'm looking forward to many rage-moments and the works on Skype. :]

Can't wait to see you go up against some Steel type teams :Kappa:

During my Monotype Steel run, I can easily say that the poison gym was a piece of cake. The fire leader on top of the volcano by kiki's gym (my horrible memory forgets the name) got rekt by Empoleon. Kiki herself was an absolute nightmare though :(

Hello hello Folks! Update time!

So as I started my adventure with a trusty Skrelp, naturally, I had to pick up some more team members, whether temporary or no. As the day went by, I lost no time acquiring a Trubbish and a Stunky.

Team Status:

Skrelp Trubbish Mao(Stunky)

Adaptability, Male, Modest Sticky Hold, Male, Gentle Stench, Male, Timid

690.giftrubbish_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48ur.gif434.png

But what's a Poison run without a future Roserade? Of course, I had to get my Budew as well. Be that as it may, but I quite like the shiny Reborn sprite of the Budew line, so I decided to try soft-resetting for a Shiny with decent IVs. ... Needless to say, an entire afternoon and 5 shiny Budew with terrible IVs later, I finally settled with a decent shiny one.

Team Addition:

Reido(Budew)

Leaf Guard, Male, Naive

shiny_budew_sprite_by_bakalava-d35ys04.g

And so, I began training my current team, only to be ambushed by a ..... ?! Dumpster o_o ... And what did I find myself facing this time? None other than a Gulpin! I decided to grab it for the team as well.

And with that, me and my team finally went off to fight Fern!

Being a Grass trainer, naturally, Fern was a joke.... or so I assumed he would be.

His Lotad quickly fell to Reido powered up by a few Growths.

Next up, he sent out Snivy. I opted to switch Mao in, Screech+ Fury Swiping the little snake to deathFainting

So far, so good, I thought. But then Fern sent out his last 'mon- A Budew. Doesn't sound so threatening. However, what I didn't account for was it using stun spore on ....basically everything I had, thus ensuring itself the 1st move at all times. Combined with a lot of para-hax, it managed to get 2 growths in, only to deal quite a lot of damage with Mega Drain to my team(all the while healing itself..), taking out Skrelp, Reido and Trubbish. It finally fell at the..non-existing hands of my newly acquired Gulpin.

With Fern and the factory out of the way, it's now time to finally face Julia

Team status:

Skrelp -lv17 Trubbish -lv13 Mao(Stunky)-lv16 Reido(Budew)-lv17 Gulpin-lv10

Adaptability, Male, Modest Sticky Hold, Male, Gentle Stench, Male, Timid Leaf Guard, Male, Naive Liquid Ooze,Male, Careful

690.giftrubbish_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48ur.gif434.pngshiny_budew_sprite_by_bakalava-d35ys04.ggulpin_it_down__by_sprite3g-d4sq6p1.gif

Edited by Masquerain

Huh, no Bulbasaur. Interesting.

Anyways, if you're going to get every Poison type, you still need Spinarak, Dustox, Ekans, and Grimer. Ariados seems like it could be interesting to use...

Keep up the work! Hopefully you fare well with Julia!

Yep, no Bulbasaur. Also, I don't think I'm getting all the poison types there are, should I? Original plan was to use things I like, which are poison type as well

Right! On to Julia then.... well, I'm not sure if Julia's been nerfed or if poison is really just that OP but Julia was a piece of cake. I did set up the 2 layers of toxic spikes at the start, yep. And my Trubbish managed to make Julia waste her potions on Helioptile, as well as take it down after.

Her 2 Voltorbs tried spamming sonicboom but missed once and then opted for rollout, thus letting Mao take both of them down with a Screech+ Fury Swipes combo, aided by the poison.

Skrelp vs Emolga - the little kelp might be part water, but it's a known special tank even as a Skrelp. As it managed to survive an electric special hit + acrobatics, Skrelp was quite easily able to take out Emolga in 2 hits of Bubble

Blitzle was a bit more annoying, spamming Flame Charge and raising its speed, it managed to take down Skrelp before falling to ....the poison. RIP exp :I

And then Electrode. I opted to send out Reido and attempt setting up some growths. Needless to say, it spammed sonicboom, missing one of them. From there it was a battle of mega drain, sonicboom spam and the deadly poison seeping in. As Reido could only take so many sonicbooms, it fell, leaving me with Mao, Gulpin and a paralyzed Trubbish. I chose Gulpin, which managed to get an Acid attack in, before getting KO'd by sonicboom.....taking down Electrode with it as the poison finally finished it off. RIP exp again :I

Moving on to Obsidia, we inevitably had to face Victoria. She was quite easily taken down, her Ralts being frail as hell and her Pignite being part fire type. So it easy, it hardly deserves a mention imo :I

With that, we reach our current status:

Location: Obsidia Slums(about to fight the Scraggy/Scrafty gang)

Badges: 1

Team Status:

690.gif- Lv20, Male, Adaptability, Modest

434.png(Mao) - Lv20, Male, Stench, Timid

shiny_budew_sprite_by_bakalava-d35ys04.g(Reido) - Lv19, Male, Leaf Guard, Naive

tumblr_static_trubbish.gif-Lv13, Male, Sticky Hold, Gentle

Spr_3e_316.gif-Lv 12, Male, Liquid Ooze, Careful

^They're secretly named Garbage Bag and Blob but shhh, that's not something to tell people :(

Anyway....today is a day to share my progress up till after my battle with Florinia... That. sheet. was. intense. @_@

As I passed the Obsidia park (only to find out the entire park-part was eliminated, leaving you to take 2 steps in the park and immediately face ZEL and the PULSE ... without even a field effect :| Ame, just why? t-t ) Right....then.

Just in time for the PULSE fight, we had a small team change! Congrats to Reido for evolving, and learning grasswhistle in the process!

Roselia_Shiny_XY.gif(Reido) - Male, Naive, Leaf Guard

Team vs PULSE Tangrowth.

Gaining a part Steel typing thanks to the PULSE, the Tangrowth was immune to Poison, sadly for me... furthermore, being grass, it was also immune to any of Reido's stat-inducing moves. So much for sleep or paralysis. With that, there was only one option left.

I sent out Mao to lower the PULSE's accuracy via Smokescreen just enough to miss most hits. With that, it was time for Screech as without that, it'd be really hard to make a dent in the Tangrowth's HP. The Screech+ slash combo managed to take off some HP before Mao finally fell to Tangrowth. ( not before it got 2 growths in , though :I )

Sadly, Skrelp didn't have too much use in the fight, being part water, despite doing its best to get a few hits in, managing to lower the PULSE's speed a bit, it fell quickly enough.

As Trubbish and Gulpin were quite underleveled still, they didn't last enough either. It was all up to Reido

Placing my faith in the smokescreen's effects, I successfully managed to let Reido set up a few growths and start a Mega Drain Showdown with the Tangrowth. That lasted until the Tangrowth eventually fell as Reido was doing enough damage with the Growth increases.

PULSE number 1: Down

And with that, I opt to not include the fight against Fern due to it being a joke once again. Really, all of his team just fell fairly easily with no casualties.... So, let's get to Florinia! (as I chose not to level my entire team since Trubbish and Gulpin are only temporary for me, Reido and Skrelp ended up kind of overleveled, or well, they were both 25)

VS Florinia:

690.gif(lv25) Roselia_Shiny_XY.gif(lv25) stunky.gif(lv24)trubbish_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48ur.gif(lv13)gulpin_it_down__by_sprite3g-d4sq6p1.gif(lv13)

On my first attempt vs Florinia, my entire team got smashed to the ground by her Maractus alone really? Pin Missile doing 5hits 90% of the time -.-. It was not in vain, however, as I managed to discover that I can take Maractus down with Reido (or Skrelp with a bit of luck)

On my second attempt, all went good, managed to set up double Toxic Spikes and defeat the Maractus. And then she sent IT out. A tiny little Ferroseed. Yep. Another Steel/Grass typing, rendering all my Poison useless. My team lacking the proper movepool to do any damage to that thing + it spamming Nature Power!Sand Tomb on a desert field led to my inevitable defeat.

Another 2 failed attempts later, I half-considered going out and training up my Trubbish + Gulpin, but opted for one last try, this time with a combination of few different strategies and some risk.

Following up on routine, I began with Trubbish, setting up the toxic spikes. Sadly for me, it was taken down before it managed double toxic spikes. Well, even 1 layer is better than none, aye? Meanwhile, the Maractus set up double spikes on my team. As I sent out Reido as usual to deal with the Maractus via Giga Drain, I had my second misfortune- Reido was defeated with the terrible hax Florinia has of doing field-empowered 5-hit Pin Missiles as if the chance for that was 100% ._.

With 2 of my pokemon already down, I began to despair and fear for the outcome of the battle, but I didn't give up. Sending out Skrelp, it finished off the Maractus (and leveling to 26 in the process).

To my surprise, Florinia sent out Breloom instead of Ferroseed.

Skrelp vs Breloom - Disobedience, commence! As I instruct Skrelp to use Acid, the message appears- "Skrelp ignored orders" . To my surprise, it used Acid anyway, OHKOing the Breloom with a critical hit.

So far, so good. But here comes the Ferroseed. This time, I was determined to take it down. Putting my new strategies into action, I sent out Gulpin. Using Yawn on the Ferroseed, Gulpin managed to survive long enough to get switched out for Mao.

Mao vs Sleeping Ferroseed. Strategy number 2- managed to get 3 Smokescreens in before the Ferroseed woke up. Counting on it missing its attacks, Mao continued onto the next step- Screech. Managed to get a Screech in before I had to switch out again to Gulpin and pray the Ferroseed misses.

Luckily, it did miss, allowing Gulpin to succeed another Yawn before finally falling to a Sand Tomb. I once sent out a severely damaged Mao, quickly healing it up as the Ferroseed fell asleep once more. My team was growing weak at this point, so I took the chance to revive Reido with a Cotton Candy as well. The battle continued as Mao got another Screech in, attempting to cut down Ferroseed's HP with Slash. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end , and with 45%-ish hp left, the Ferroseed finally took out Mao before I could heal it again. With only a disobedient Skrelp and Reido left, I took the risk of sending out Skrelp.

"Skrelp ignored orders" - and once again, even though it ignored orders, it ended up using the only physical move it happened to have, taking off Ferroseed's remaining HP- and getting to level 27. The nightmare is over, we survived! 3 down, 3 to go.

Florinia sent out her Cottonee as I opted for risking things with Skrelp again. Ordering an Acid, Skrelp ignored orders, only to end up using Acid anyway (wow that was some luck, I swear :I ) , taking out the Cottonee in one hit.

I shamelessly already forgot what her next Pokemon was, but the outcome was the same as with Cottonee, except this time Skrelp was loafing around once before using Acid again despite ignoring orders.

Last, but not least (well, not anything special compared to Ferroseed either) - Cradily.

Reido vs Cradily- The Poison seeped into the poor plant , spreading more and more as Reido spammed Giga Drain, until Cradily eventually fell.

This entire thing was really intense for me, on so many occasions I was sure that all would be lost, but mixing up a few different strategies, me and my team managed to prevail with only 3 trained Pokemon and 2 low level back-ups.

Current Progress:

Badges: 2

Team:

690.gif - Lv 27, Male, Modest, Adaptability- Play Rough (egg move), Poison Tail, Acid, Water Pulse

Roselia_Shiny_XY.gif(Reido) - Lv26, Male, Naive, Leaf Guard- Grasswhistle, Stun Spore, Nature Power, Giga Drain

stunky.gif(Mao)- Lv24, Male, Timid, Stench - Smokescreen, Screech, Slash, Poison Gas

trubbish_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48ur.gif(Garbage Bag)- Lv17, Male, Gentle, Sticky Hold- Toxic Spikes, Acid Spray, Double Slap, Poison Gas

gulpin_it_down__by_sprite3g-d4sq6p1.gif(Blob)- Lv16, Male, Careful, Liquid Ooze- Yawn, Amnesia, Poison Gas, Sludge

I have decided to train Blob and Garbage Bag up a bit, and possibly add a new member to the team soon

Hello ! We're back after a small play-break with a couple of updates!

Without further ado, I introduce to you the newest member of the team :

nidoranmxy.gif(Niro) - Male, Adamant, Poison Point (will be changed to HA when it's appropriate)

We left off en route to Jasper Ward last time. Following that, the team's levels grew a bit, with Niro quickly evolving as it was ready to evolve at the 1st level it gained

Congrats Niro! nidorino.gif

Not long after, we found ourselves facing the 2nd PULSe Tangrowth, but this time together with Taka's own team

This fight took me 3 attempts due to messing up but hey, we pulled through. On the 1st attempt I got rekt by Tangrowth, 2nd one I used the wrong move, causing my only pokemon left to receive a finishing blow from Chatot.

...and now we're here. Attempt 3:

Niro vs Lileep- Well, it fell fast enough to a few Double Kicks, making Taka waste his heals in the process.

Next up he sends out the PULSE- I chose to revert back to my old strategies for that one, seeing as I have 0 moves that normally make a dent in it.

Mao vs PULSE!Tangrowth - Getting 2 smokescreens in, Mao managed to stay safe long enough to also set up 2 Screeches, still not managing to really damage the thing much. Eventually, Mao fell to a Critical Mega Drain (after unfortunately having its Sp. Def lowered by 2 Acid Sprays)

Fortunately, the PULSE now had low enough HP to be taken out by Reido using Nature Power!Wood Hammer twice.

And last, but not least- Chatot. I swear, that thing's Chatter does so much dmg, even as neutral- confusing 100% of the time :| After screwing up the last time, I opted forkeeping Reido out against the Chatot. Surviving a Chatter (and getting confused), Reido managed to get a stun spore in. I gambled a bit there, switching Skrelp in. The parahax showed up, letting Skrelp get a hit on Water Pulse, followed by a Chatter attack which it managed to survive. With a last bit of luck, a confused Skrelp didn't hurt itself, but landed the finishing Water Pulse blow.

PULSE 2- Down

Soon after, the 3rd PULSE fight follows, this time a double battle against ZEL and Taka

Sending out Garbage Bag and Niro, I managed to set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, while Glaceon was too busy using physical moves on it . Meanwhile Lileep Ingrained itself, allowing Niro to get a Double Kick in on Glaceon. Next deciding to use a physical move on Niro, the Glaceon ended up triggering Poison Point. Wellp. Let that sink in, huehue. Garbage Bag attacks Glaceon with an Acid Spray, lowering its Sp. Def. , while Lileep uses constrict on Niro, who in turn Double-Kicks Glaceon again.

Proceeding, ZEL wastes a heal on Glaceon as Garbage Bag gets another Acid Spray in. As the poison kept draining away Glaceon's HP, Niro Double-Kicked it once again, getting 1 Critical Hit in, and taking it down to low enough HP for another super potion to be used. Meanwhile Lileep really likes that Constrict, practically doing no damage.

In the next turn, Garbage Bag finally fell to Glaceon's Icy Wind, Niro getting some heavy damage as well. Curse dem wide AOE moves :I Chose to Double Kick the Lileep this time, making enough damage, but also making it Ingrain some hp back.

I sent out Skrelp in place of Garbage Bag, letting it witness Glaceon finally succumbing to the Poison . As Niro Double Kicked the Lileep again, leaving it at 1/3 HP(and it Ingrained some back again) , ZEL proceeds to send out his Espeon, which gets Toxic Spiked. Lileep chose to use Ingrain again. Much good that did it.

Next up, Skrelp gets a Water Pulse in as the Espeon targets it with its strong psychic moves, Finishing it off with a Critical Hit. :| Meanwhile Niro delivers the final Double Kick, taking down Lileep.

I sent out Reido up next, while Taka chose the PULSE Tangrowth, triggering Toxic Spikes once again ( I swear I didn't know the typing of that PULSE until then, since I had tried to Poison Gas it in vain before , I assumed it couldn't get poisoned ._. Wellp, it was a nice surprise) . Reido managed to get a Giga Drain in on Espeon while it KO'd Niro via psychic moves. PULSE opted for growth. Next up, I sent Mao.

Espeon managed to hit Reido once before falling to the toxic spikes. Meanwhile, Mao as usual smokescreened the Tangrowth, who missed a Mega Drain. ZEL sends out Umbreon (Toxic Spiked as well as I take the chance to revive Niro, seeing as my team is slowly going down.

Umbreon goes for a Sand Attack on Reido, while Reido Giga Drains it, not doing much damage, but recovering some HP. Mao gets another Smokescreen in while the Tangrowth misses an acid spray.

I switched out Reido, sending Niro in again. Mao screeches the Umbreon while Tangrowth manages a Mega Drain on Mao. The Umbreon instead missed a sand attack. Next turn, with the help of the poison + double kick, Umbreon fell. Mao got the 1st screech in on the PULSE, it in turn managed a Growth.

Unfortunately, on the next turn, while Niro was trying to dmg the PULSE via Horn Attack, Mao was with an Acid Spray, lowering its Sp. Def. Combined with the growth boosts, it did enough damage . Mao instead missed a 3rd Screech, since seemingly 2 weren't quite enough. The misfortune continued in the next turn as Mao fell to a Mega Drain, allowing the PULSE to heal some HP despite the poison. Niro got another Horn Attack in, yet it still wasn't enough. Next up, I sent out Blob.

It Acid Sprayed the PULSE, while its missing streak was apparently over and it managed a Mega Drain on Niro, who in turn missed a Horn Attack.

I opted for using Blob's turn to heal Niro a bit, allowing it to survive longer after another Mega Drain and hit a Horn Attack, leaving Tangrowth with low HP. I used another turn to heal Reido as he was probably gonna need the full HP later. Meanwhile Niro managed to finish off the PULSe.

The final showdown began as Taka sent out his Chatot, who was immune to the Toxic Spikes. It KO'd Niro with a Chatter while Blob missed a Yawn. It was now up to Reido.

Busy OHKOING Blob, the Chatot allowed Reido to successfully land a Giga Drain, which, to my surprise...rather quickly OHKO'd the Chatot. I honestly didn't expect an OHKO but wellp. It must've had some pretty terrible SP. Def.

And with that, the long fight came to an end. PULSE 3: Down.

Current Progress:

Badges: 2

Current Team:

690.gif- lv28- Male, Modest, Adaptability- Play Rough, Poison Tail, Water Pulse, Acid

Roselia_Shiny_XY.gif(Reido) - lv27 - Male, Naive, Leaf Guard- Giga Drain, Grasswhistle, Nature Power, Stun Spore

stunky.gif(Mao)- lv27- Male, Timid, Stench- Slash, Toxic, Screech, Smokescreen

nidorino.gif(Niro) -lv29- Male, Adamant, Poison Point- Horn Attack, Poison Sting, Cut, Double Kick

trubbish_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48ur.gif(Garbage Bag) -lv19- Male, Gentle, Sticky Hold- Toxic Spikes, Double Slap, Sludge, Acid Spray

gulpin_it_down__by_sprite3g-d4sq6p1.gif(Blob) -lv19 - Male, Careful, Liquid Ooze- Yawn, Sludge, Acid Spray, Poison Gas

Next stop is the fight with Corey which will be updated after I play through it tonight. Is it even allowed to double-post for updates' sake?