Fire Mono Run

AndrewErblak

Hey peeps, just had a talk with a few friends of mine last weeks, and soon started a Reborn Mono run. But with knowing a Water leader is coming up I might need some help. My current team follows and are all between Level 71-75 (Have beaten Terra too)

Currently planning to use Bounce Rapidash with HP Electric. Normally I would use Dive, Blizzard from Walrain then EQ from something else. Can't use that for a Fire mono so I'm open to ideas.

post-50425-0-60361500-1433286636.png

post-50425-0-30975000-1433286647.png

post-50425-0-69486200-1433286665.png

post-50425-0-74713600-1433286684.png

post-50425-0-14767000-1433286874.png

post-50425-0-41482000-1433286885.png

post-50425-0-82006000-1433286902.png

post-50425-0-19248800-1433287108.png

post-50425-0-13623100-1433287133.png

post-50425-0-75493700-1433287156.png

post-50425-0-09496200-1433287380.png

Welp, I think you don't need to prepare too much, considering that you've got a lot of strong hitters. With this line-up, you should be able to just overpower her. Sooooo, I'll just list what movesets I'd say should be best all around for now and we'll take it from there, shall we? So, in order:

-Agility, Outrage, CC, Flare Blitz

Many people opt for E-Speed instead of Agility, but after one Agility, you can outspeed any unboosted foe and use any move other than the 80BP Normal one. Wild Charge would be an option as well, but those 3 give you the best coverage by far and are only 33% weaker than an SE Wild Charge. Intimidate owuld be the best ability, most useful all around since Dark type moves from the opponents are so rare and Intimidate makes Agility even easier.

-Lava Plume, Earth Power, Ancient Power/HP Rock/Rock Slide, HP Grass/Electric/Yawn

Pretty straightforward, not much to say since that's^^ all Camerupt can do. Does it pretty well though.

-Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, HP Fighting/HP Ice/HP Ground/Trick Room.

Considering that almost all the Water-y fields we've had so far lower non-Water types Speed, you can see how Trick Room would come in handy...and maybe a spare Focus Sash.

-Generally, Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Wing Attack/Shadow Claw are the best, but you've got Ninetales, so you can run a Special set with Solar Power and Air Slash, Heat Wave/Flamethrower, HP Grass. Too bad Solar Beam is impossible on it for now.

-Flare Blitz, Facade, Quick Attack, Dig.

A Guts set, the by far best set on Flareon. Here, have a Toxic Orb. If that's not your thing, neither is Flareon, because it's both slow and very physically frail; even it's special defense is nothing that great. A Curse set is pretty much the only other set worth considering, but the terrible initial physical bulk make setting up very likely to fail.

-Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot/Hidden Power/Sucker Punch

Houndoom's Sucker Punches aren't even that bad, 90 Base Attack is nothing to scoff at. Even uninvested, that works well for a parting shot. Nasty Plot is an option as well, but it has the same problem Curse Flareon does, it's terrible physical defense and good, but not ideal Speed. Hidden Power could also work, but it doesn't really need any.

-Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, HP Rock

Pretty obvious stuff, shame Solar Beam isn't obtainable, again. HP Rock is there because it's the best HP to go with Fire and Grass coverage-wise.

-Hyper Voice, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Dark Pulse/Overheat

The 4th move can also be something else, since you'll probably never be using it, though it doesn't get too many options. You could use Overheat as your 4th, but you don't wanna waste limited Sun turns by switching out because you lowered your Special Attack, so it'd make th emost sense to use it when you're about to outspeed an enemy and not live their next hit.

-Drill Run, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge/Poison Jab, Bounce/Megahorn

Just a heads up, Drill Run is a tutor move, so don't bother trying to breed it.

-No.

Frail as hell, doesn't hit harder than any other member of your team. If you really insist on keeping it, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Nasty Plot and HP Rock and pray you manage to actually live to set up 1 NP once in a blue moon.

-Eruption, Extrasensory, HP Grass, Lave Plume

Self-explanatory stuff. 2 same-type STABs (I know how dumb that sounds) are generally a very bad idea, but Typhlosion isn't too bulky, so Eruption won't be doing too much once you take a hit.

A lot of these moves are TM moves, which you can obtain by doing breeding in pre-E13. A guide in this section has both an explanaition of everything you'd need on the subject, already given chains for a lot of stuff, as well as a download link for E12. Also, feel free to send me a PM if you need any help with anything :)

The underwater field really isn't present so often (so far) to worry about it. Afaik, special attacks should work underwater , although I do wonder, in monoruns, do you take a HM slave for things like surf and whatnot?

As for water surface, well... you can attempt dispelling it?

Awesome, I think, but doesnt answer the question I asked, how do i manage Water Surface and Underwater fields?

Like I said, you have a team of hard hitters which has a ton of attacls that are supereffective against Water. Not only do I doubt that Amaria will getone of the existing fields, if she is fought in one of them, the Speed lowering of non-Water types on that field helps you if you jist set up Trick Room.