Fire types and their weaknesses

Based from the topic title, I have a concern regarding the Blazing Fire types and their weaknesses.

It's kind of unfair for the other types because all the fire type needs is just to learn a grass type move like Solarbeam or Grass Knot and all its weaknesses are eliminated (ground, rock, and water). I guess that's what makes Charlotte a force to reckon with along with her field effect.

Do you think Nintendo should add another weakness to fire or just leave it as it is?

I think it's fine as is, really. The Fire starters are still generally the best ones to pick in Reborn, and there's a reason behind that: Fire's a pretty good offensive type.

This is not right at all as we have things like Flygon which resist fire and don't take super effective damage from grass. Not to mention A crap ton of pokemon get EQ so it isn't all too bad. Not to mention water types that can set up rain screw solarbeam users and dual types like water/poison resist fire and grass to an extent so yeah, fire isn't as OP as you may think, not to mention no fire types are bulky at all except for Heatran. Also stealth rocks lol.

This is probably better suited to be in the Pokemon Fan Club section of the forum.

Anyway, most Grass type moves that Fire types can learn are either weak or they're solarbeam and require a turn to charge or sunlight. Most Fire types are forced to make do with HP Grass. If you want to talk about unfair with terms of weaknesses, look at Electric types. They only have one weakness and that one weakness is easily destroyed by the super common HP Ice to match their typically high Special Attack stats.

Ground and Rock are the 2 best offensive typings and a ton of stuff gets access to either EQ or Rock Slide/Stone Edge, or both. If Fire had any more weaknesses you'd never see them in competitive. There's also the fact that very few Fire types actually learn Grass moves other than Solar Beam, which is used very rarely since almost no one runs weather teams since the nerf in Gen 6. The only ones I can think of right now are Delphox and Heatmor.

Fire...weekness? WHAT WEEKNESS IS THERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly though, fire's current weaknesses are all fine right now. Like it's supposed to be, most fire pokemon are somewhat easy to kill in one hit with rock/ground/water type moves. Yes they hit hard, but if you have a way to deal with them, then it's not much of a problem. if anything then normal should have more weaknesses because they're so stupid of type FIGHT ME PINELOPE!!!!!!

Edited by RubyHeart

They aren't op, stealth rock is a huge problem for them. I think fairies need extra wekness actually, pseudo legendary fairy sounds scary.

Yeah Stealth Rocks are very detrimental. And look at Clefable. That Pokemon is AMAZING in online battles due to it's typing.