Need help with the team

Marco Reus

Okay first of all, that's my first run so don't bush me if I made something stupid lol

Second of all, it's not like i'm stuck anywhere, but I only have 5 trained pokemon and I guess I need at least on more..

I just got in the Agate Circus

I'd really appreciate it if you guys can comment and suggest pokemons for my team.

So my pokemons are (natures don't really matter because I'm not going to switch a pokemon for these, trust me the natures are good enough):

LeviAckerman the Sceptile:

Level 66 Overgrow

X-Scissors

Leaf Blade

Leaf Storm

Strength

Bastian the Mamoswine

Level 64 Thick Fat

Ice Fang

Ice Shard

Thrash

Earthquake

Rayleigh the Espeon

Level 63 Magic Bounce

Psychic

Shadow ball

Bite (I'm desperately trying the get rid of this move, but I have no idea what moves should i teach him instead.. do you guys have a suggestion? I thought about substitute but i'm not sure how useful will it be)

Morning Sun

Yokozuna the Hariyama

Level 63 Thick Fat

Knock off

Force Palm

Close Combat

Fake Out

Radtad the Arcanine

Level 65 Intimidate

Extreme Speed

Crunch

Flamethrower

Thunder Fang

Personally, I think my team lacks two things

1) A supporter/wall pokemon whose job would be helping my team (with moves like Reflect,Light Screen.Tailwind, etc) or to fuck with the enemy team (with moves like Toxic, Thunder Wave, Will O Wisp etc)

2) A late game sweeper with moves like Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot etc.

If you have any suggestions for my team and for pokemons suitable for my team, please leave a comment.

Thank you!

Edited by Marco Reus

You don't need a supporter in reborn. And your team has a couple of mons that can take hits.

You don't need sweepers as well.

Just add a 6th pokemon that covers some types that your team doesn't. You can go through the game with many teams, just as long as you have around 9 team members that change depending on the situations.

If you want a suggestion i would suggest horsea/buizel. Both are good with good movesets, they'll also serve as some HM slaves and they are going to be good against the two next gyms.

You don't need a supporter in reborn. And your team has a couple of mons that can take hits.

You don't need sweepers as well.

Just add a 6th pokemon that covers some types that your team doesn't. You can go through the game with many teams, just as long as you have around 9 team members that change depending on the situations.

If you want a suggestion i would suggest horsea/buizel. Both are good with good movesets, they'll also serve as some HM slaves and they are going to be good against the two next gyms.

I dunno, i saw a lot of people here with supporters/sweepers...

and if I'll use a water pokemon it will probably be Swampert or Azumaril..

I would suggest have a few more for rotation purposes and not just 6.. I would include the following..

Gengar

Shadow Ball

Thunderbolt

Sludge Bomb

Destiny Bond

It gives good coverage, and that destiny bond is always useful.. Keeping in mind that you have Samson, Charlotte, Terra and the new leader for ep 15 once it comes out a pokemon with speed and coverage is useful..

Lilligant (Own Tempo)

Petal Dance

Synthesis

Quiver Dance

HP ???

For the Big top arena, QD is OP.. Raising Sp.Att, Sp.Def and Speed by 2 stages each.. Add to that boosted Petal Dance and an HP for extra coverage, it gets OP really fast.. I would suggest HP Psychic if you are into breeding.. Apart from the Big Top Arena, Lilligant really pulls her weight if you can get her to set up and can be definitely useful for the Terra as well as Amaria..

Mightyena

Crunch

Play Rough

Fire Fang

Poison Fang

This guy is obviously not for Samson unless you get him speed trained and pound away with Play Rough till you can.. Apart from that, he gives a good amount of coverage..

Apart from this, my usual suggestions are

Swoobat

Flygon

Buneary

Aggron

Roserade

Reborn doesn't really need the use of supporters or walls, but if you are interested then this might interest you..

Meowstic (prankster)

Light Screen & Reflect

Thunder Wave/Toxic

Volbeat (prankster)

Tail Wind/Tail Glow

Baton Pass

I would suggest have a few more for rotation purposes and not just 6.. I would include the following..

Gengar

Shadow Ball

Thunderbolt

Sludge Bomb

Destiny Bond

It gives good coverage, and that destiny bond is always useful.. Keeping in mind that you have Samson, Charlotte, Terra and the new leader for ep 15 once it comes out a pokemon with speed and coverage is useful..

Lilligant (Own Tempo)

Petal Dance

Synthesis

Quiver Dance

HP ???

For the Big top arena, QD is OP.. Raising Sp.Att, Sp.Def and Speed by 2 stages each.. Add to that boosted Petal Dance and an HP for extra coverage, it gets OP really fast.. I would suggest HP Psychic if you are into breeding.. Apart from the Big Top Arena, Lilligant really pulls her weight if you can get her to set up and can be definitely useful for the Terra as well as Amaria..

Mightyena

Crunch

Play Rough

Fire Fang

Poison Fang

This guy is obviously not for Samson unless you get him speed trained and pound away with Play Rough till you can.. Apart from that, he gives a good amount of coverage..

Apart from this, my usual suggestions are

Swoobat

Flygon

Buneary

Aggron

Roserade

Reborn doesn't really need the use of supporters or walls, but if you are interested then this might interest you..

Meowstic (prankster)

Light Screen & Reflect

Thunder Wave/Toxic

Volbeat (prankster)

Tail Wind/Tail Glow

Baton Pass

Thx!

That Gengar set looks really nice, maybe i'll use it!

I'm not into training a pokemon for a specific gym leader, because up until now I've had my success with them, but I'll definitely keep them in mind!

anymore suggestions?

I dunno, i saw a lot of people here with supporters/sweepers...

and if I'll use a water pokemon it will probably be Swampert or Azumaril..

Your arcanine/ espeon have the speed and damage to sweep teams, you don't need stat boosting moves to be able to sweep. As for supports i do use moves like reflect/light screen but they'r just moves on ordinary pokemon in my party.

And your team isn't going to do well against charlotte, so get whichever water pokemon you want and teach it rain dance.

Your arcanine/ espeon have the speed and damage to sweep teams, you don't need stat boosting moves to be able to sweep. As for supports i do use moves like reflect/light screen but they'r just moves on ordinary pokemon in my party.

And your team isn't going to do well against charlotte, so get whichever water pokemon you want and teach it rain dance.

Why not? Is she using fire type?

Well i got 2 pokemons with Thick Fat, and one of them can use EQ which is super effective (and the other can probably do some serious damage with CC)

But you're probably right, I don't think it will be enough, considering the fact she probably has some annoying field effect like every other gym leader :\

Thx for the tip!

why not? Is she using fire type?

Well i got 2 pokemons with Thick Fat, and one of them can use EQ which is super effective (and the other can probably do some serious damage with CC)

But you're probably right, I don't think it will be enough, considering the fact she probably has some annoying field effect like every other gym leader :\

Thx for the tip!

She has some Pokemon that fare strongly against your Hariyama, so Fighting types aren't exactly your most reliable bet. If you have an ability Capsule, Flash Fire on Arcanine (although it has the possibility of swapping it into Justified as well, I can't say I'm too sure) would help a lot in sponging her attacks. Dragalge is also great against her given high Special Defense and resistances to most if not all of her moves. It's just scared of one thing on her team.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

As much as you don't NEED a sweeper/supporter, having one is never a bad idea. One that has impressed me throughout my runthrough is Dusclops. Even without the aid of Eviolite, this thing just does not DIE. If you're into breeding, you can pass down Pain Split via Misdreavous, Solosis line, and a couple other things. Trick Room also makes it even WORSE. My recommendation for a set is as thus

Trick Room

Pain Split

Will O Wisp

Ghost STAB(Shadow Ball/Shadow Sneak)

It sets up Trick Room, burns things, and then laughs as you get your HP back from the next hapless victim to walk into your clutches.