another PSA

Jelly

pls dont make fun of people for their mental illnesses ty

pls dont tell people to "just get over it" ty

pls dont ask how something so trivial can trigger someone's panic attack ty

pls dont DO EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE SAY TRIGGER THEM AFTER THEY TELL U BC THEY TRUST U, U FUCKING ASSHOLE ty

pls dont. ty.

i know here at reborn people tend to be more supportive and open to helping people with mental illnesses. but there are still some who cannot grasp the concept that sometimes people are a little different than them and have different needs due to what's happening in their head. whether it be anxiety, anorexia, bpd, or a mixture of a few, please be mindful of what may hurt other people.

I know exactly who you're talking about. Don't worry, that dude is just a bunch of shit.

Jelly, you're a amazing friend to me. We don't even talk that much, but your posts somehow always brings a smile to my face despite whatever situation I'm currently in. I myself need to work on being careful with what I say, and I hope I never hurt you with my word choices. I'm sorry you're going through such tough times. If you ever need something, you can always talk to me bro. We have been a family for like a year now? Don't forget about me, cause I'll always remember you! I don't know what that has to do with the topic, but I feel like you need to hear that.
Everyone has their deep troubles and fears, so you don't need to feel alone.

• Global Mods

I've seen a lot of people (not here; on Earth in general) not care when something they do hurts someone, and they keep doing it. Some of them continue just to upset the other person. That seems sadistic to me, and not the good kind of sadistic. If something I said or did deeply upset someone because they have scars, I'd apologize and would stop. The same principle goes towards addressing people of the name they want to be called if it's different than their birth name, and using their preferred pronouns.

This isn't exactly a trigger, but I'm not into the thing where people use insults as terms of endearment for friends. On a personal level, it just grosses me out and I don't want to be talked to like that. So, if I made a friend who did that, I'd let them know.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

As one who has major anxiety issues that oftentimes get ignored... Meh, screw the inexact speech

I am terrified of telephones. I refuse to use them unless I know for certain who the person I'm callign/answering is (AKA, my mom, dad, home phone, grandmother, my one friend, and this one friend of my sisters' mother) I sometimes get panic attacks just by hearing the phone ring. And I get really, really frustrated with people insisting on questioning out every little detail of my fear as if I can't have a phobia unless they know why (NVM that part of the definition of a phobia is the unreasonable-ness of it)

I also have other social anxieties and stuff, but that's the one that gets the most "get over it"s and the like

I know exactly who you're talking about. Don't worry, that dude is just a bunch of shit.

Jelly, you're a amazing friend to me. We don't even talk that much, but your posts somehow always brings a smile to my face despite whatever situation I'm currently in. I myself need to work on being careful with what I say, and I hope I never hurt you with my word choices. I'm sorry you're going through such tough times. If you ever need something, you can always talk to me bro. We have been a family for like a year now? Don't forget about me, cause I'll always remember you! I don't know what that has to do with the topic, but I feel like you need to hear that.

Everyone has their deep troubles and fears, so you don't need to feel alone.

Im actually curious who it's about. :o

(Although you don't need to tell me if you don't want to. I was just wondering what that jerk had done.)

Edited by Gyaradoskiller

• Support Squad

If there's one thing I'll take away from Reborn, it is that I will always strive to listen to and understand anyone who wants to confide in me. This place has been a godsend and I dread who I may have become without it.