HELP WITH STEEL MONORUN

Smiggy

Hello all! I'm trying to challenge myself with a new start in the form of a steel mono run. I was wondering if someone could help me by getting my starter to be a Shieldon? I figured it would be a good starter since it evolves later and will give me ample time to find the likes of Onix and Magnemite and all that jazz. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! My save file is attached.

Game.rxdata

There's Empoleon among the available starters, so why not go with it?

Steel's really hard to start out with, you'd have to face Florinia with a Burmy, Prinplup and Onix, definitely coulduse some extra help.

For other possible "starters", Mawile's mediocre for when you get it, but it oughta be good for early-game. Aron and Honedge are also options.

Geez. Steel is sounding less and less appealing every second. Especially because I already hated the fire gym as is...starting to reconsider. What about a psychic mono? or should I just stick it out with steel?

Well, try the search feature then? Multiple posts about monotypes exist, some of them debating the viability of some runs (I think I heard psychic is easy?).

Here's your Shieldon all the same, I guess you can PM me if you change your mind?