Art!

Miss Kitty

Am I the last survivor in this thread now

gundam_mukuro_by_roothesnorunt-d71wom1.j

So my friend (aka scarlet) one time stated that he was discussing with his friend how Ikusaba Mukuro from Danganronpa could be in a lieutenant gundam suit in a robot thingy that he posted so I was bored as fuck naturally and decided "why the fuck not draw it"

I couldn't draw a big robot though because I suck so I just added Haro in there and left it at that

I had a lot of fun shading mukuro's hair, for some reason, but why the hell are her feet like as big as her head

Well I guess I tried

Seriously, though; I always feel like all my drawings are stiff and lifeless; I think I generally know why, but if anyone could give advice on how to make them look a bit less so, that'd be HUGELY appreciated.

also there's leftover rubber bits all over the place and everything is messy as fuck because my scanner is an ass please forgive me

LEANINGASFUCK

smudgey_guy_by_roothesnorunt-d72u4kp.jpg

Artist: Dude the fuck's with yo hair
Drawing: You're my fucking barber blame this on yourself also my feet are as big as fuck

this is how most of the conversations would pan out

Well, at least this doesn't look as lifeless as some of the last. I studied some shit and remembered nothing and it helped!
Haven't hoodie'd in a while either. Glad to know I don't completely suck.

Also he was supposed to kinda be leaning over but I fucked up and now his feet look weird as hell because of it

SWIIISH SWOOOSH ULT

the_swordsmaster_by_roothesnorunt-d73u2q

Slowly but surely my art isn't becoming utter shit

I mean, apart from that abomination of a left foot, I'm actually decently prideful on this one. Now I just have to hope I'll continue to get better.

I like swords. I also like katanaswordsmenwhateverguys. They're cool as fuck. Traditional legends, Fire Emblem, etc. They're all cool and swift as fuck. So of course, I decided to draw one!

I drew a lot of inspiration from the Bravely Default (suck it America, Europe wins this time) Swordsmaster job outfit for this work, since I've been playing it a lot recently and I've been absolutely loving it (still taunting you guys in the north). I think I might love it TOO much.

I spent 3 minutes telling my friend that this guy wasn't a she

Well, that one guy does look like he's leaning. But the way you draw feet/shoes always make it look like they're hanging in midair rather than standing on the ground. Or maybe standing on tip-toe.

yeah, that's always a stupidly annoying issue for me. Any idea how I could resolve it?

yeah, that's always a stupidly annoying issue for me. Any idea how I could resolve it?

Try to not make the feet bend downward too much. As you know there needs to be some sort of angle and bend, otherwise it just looks flat, but reducing the amount of it would possibly be the solution you're looking for.

Try to not make the feet bend downward too much. As you know there needs to be some sort of angle and bend, otherwise it just looks flat, but reducing the amount of it would possibly be the solution you're looking for.

Thanks; I'll take that into consideration. Usually I sort of angle it and bend it to make it point outward (it's always a bitch to do), but I'll try not to do that as much next time.

Man I sure do like flowy things

reaching_out_by_roothesnorunt-d74tmyg.jp

So I decided I should just go all out to improve my skills and went for something a bit more dynamic; the end result is something that's kinda dynamic-ish? I dunno. I just don't think that fleece-thing is billowing enough. I like billowing things. You're reaching out and running at the same time and all the time your cloak-ish object is just like WHOOOLOOLOOLOOOOOOOSH-

ahem so yeah I didn't think I did this one too bad though those hands are ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh although those feet are kinda okay

Also tried some techniques to make it look more lively and I guess(?) I did an okay

Blah blah drawing from Roo whoa

mage__by_roothesnorunt-d75rs8m.jpg

So I tried to draw a magic thingy and now it looks like some kind of etheral goo floating around in that person's hands

The mage outfit doesn't look too detailed, but eh; it's a bit late for me to do anything about it.
As usual, I struggle at making girls look like girls.

Not much else to say here; probably gonna expand my range of drawingy thingies soon enough; if I do the same thing over and over again, it's just gonna get stale.

OKAY NOW ALL WE NEED TO DO IS GET TO WORK MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK AND THEN IT'S ALL SOLVED:

character_design__henry__by_roothesnorun

Honestly, Henry's just a bit of a placeholder name. I mean, it suits him and all, but there are possible better options.

This was the week where I decided "ok if I'm going to be a comics artist I have to like characters and stories and shit aswell and not just draw one image after another you fucking dimbus"

I wasn't sure whether to upload this or not but TOO LATE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

BOOM BABY

league_of_legends__ziggs__quick_sketch__

So because I didn't really have enough time to do a fully linearted and shaded drawing, which was due to a combination of Art Class, the Lego Movie and general lazyness, I'd thought I'd just relax and do a sketch in about a bit over an hour.

what is it I even do

dagger_flippy_by_roothesnorunt-d78mvch.j

Soooooo I tried out shading before final linearting this time around and the results are mixed to me
it looks inherently neater but at the same time it's a little too light to me

oh well
another week

poke

there_was_supposed_to_be_a_sword_by_root

The original idea brought the sword in this picture more of a contribution, but since I suck and I'm not daring to try new poses if they turn out suckish, it ended up like this. As usual, I still can't draw the female sex properly.

also those feet and hands look stupidly tiny apart from that one occupied hand

actually those legs look very un-tall aswell
I think I kinda suck lately

• 2 weeks later...

WHOOSH SWISH ORIGINAL OW

slicey_dicey_ouchie_weapons_by_roothesno

Eh, humanoids get boring eventually. I really like how cool some weapons and shit look in things (special mentions to shows like RWBY for having a plethora of these things), so it's kinda my little hobby at school to sketch things that hurt in my notebook. I decided I'd put a little detail on some of them here; from left to right, the Pelican Scythe (I made it at random today and it looked like a pelican shut up), the Gateway Blade (potentially more of a gate architecture piece than a BFS), the Angled Daggergun (rotatable multi-weapons are a favorite of mine also I couldn't find a good name for this) and the Thin Bat Glaive (sounded better in my head and less like an insult to a bat, but I was focused on the idea of a glaive that focused on speed and lightness compared to power), shown in two angles for your convenience.

What the fuck am I doing with my life

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one dusting these pages now

digimon__veemon_by_roothesnorunt-d7c8ze8

Since I've gotten back into playing the digimon ds games recently (and because I really liked PS2's world 4), I decided I'd dedicate a drawing to one of my favorites.

Veemon be swagging as imperialdramon or magnamon or some shit
iss dope
srs note I actually kinda like the detail to the body muscles and stuff in his official design (not that I replicated them that well)
they put effort into this shit

I actually rather liked how the drawing was going and everything was kiiinda juuuuust about fine until THE RUBBER FUCKING SMUDGED OVER HIS EYE
oh well

oh and the scanner isn't good enough to pick up more subtle shading
akdfa
oh well

• 2 weeks later...

i couldnt think of a name for this one

i_couldn_t_think_up_of_a_name_for_this_o

Kinda forgot to do a thing last week because weekend bullshit

there was still bullshit this weekend too tho

oh well I actually did the thing this week

It was based on a character design I had in my head for a long while though this isn't really a recreation of that design because this has a lot of differences to it

looks like shit the way i drew everything but hey you gotta try dynamic shit sometimes even if you fail

• Upvote 1