Tips on defeating Marianette?

CaptainNikolai

I'm getting absolutely DESTROYED by this Gym Leader time and time again. Any tips or useful Pokemon for me here? I can't progress, this Gym is way too hard.

My team:

Leavanny
Lv 34
Chlorophyll
Adamant
Protect, Will o Wisp, Fell Stinger, Bug Bite

Noibat
Lv 31
Frisk
Timid
Cut, Roost, Bite, Air Cutter

Granbull
Lv 35
Intimidate
Bashful
Bulk Up, Rock Smash, Bite, Headbutt

Litleo
Lv 32
Rivalry
Serious
Fire Fang, Work Up, Headbutt, Noble Roar

Toxicroak
Lv 33
Poison Touch
Adamant
Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch, Revenge, Mud Bomb

Dewott
Lv 33
Torrent
Quirky
Revenge, Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Focus Energy

• Veterans

I'd say get a Hariyama, it'll help out a ton.

EDIT: Oh, and there's a topic for this! Next time you can just post your question in the Gym leader help thread.

Edited by zumidesu

first:

get rid of Noibat!!!!

That ... "THING" won't help you at all until it evolves... DO NOT use it for any major battle before it evolves!

Get a Poison-Type that actually knows a (strong) poison move to make quick work of Wigglytuff and hinder it on using Stealth Rock.

I used Trubbish with Sludge Bomb (two hits and Wigglytuff was down)

speaking of Stealth Rock, it can be pretty handy using your own stealth rock and other entry hazards.

Get a strong Fighting type - I reckon Hariyama!

Use Leavanny to Will-o-Wisp Slaking! this thing WILL wreck you!

Swellow hits hard with Facade (since it holds Toxic-Orb) and Brave Bird. maybe a good rock type (I used a Graveler)

and get everything at least level 33 (best would be 34-35)

If you are playing on normal (Reborn-difficulty) that's her team:

[leading] Wigglytuff (Normal / Fairy)

Swellow (Normal / Flying) @Toxic-Orb

Cinccino (Normal)

Pyroar (Fire / Normal)

Ambipom (Normal)

Slaking (Normal) @Leftovers

It might be that everyone holds a Leftover but Swellow... but I didn't really noticed since they all did go down so fast to my Hariyama

Yeah, you could replace Noibat for Hariyama, since Noibat isn't too good until it evolves. Hariyama has some great moves, being Knock Off, Whirlwind, Fake Out, and later Close Combat. Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan can also do some work.

Sucks you don't have Charm on Granbull, since Intimidate + Charm is a pretty nice strategy for any Physical attackers, especially accompanied by Will-o-Wisp from other Pokemon like Leavanny.

Also, for future reference, post here:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13887&page=1

Get a tyrouge and go back for the torkoal train tyrouge for hitmonlee for high jump kick and keep fake out to win torkoal can handle anything if one of your fighting types need healing but i would recommend raising him up to level 34ish since by then he should have 100+ def stat and he gets protect for slaking

Is Pangoro any good? I managed to get a positive Defense natured Pancham from a Quest I did in Sheridan Village. And I'll definitely replace Noibat. Damn thing can't even OHKO a level 16 Pidgeotto with Air Cutter. Probably replace it with a good Rock type. Which is the better candidate: Graveler or Boldore? Also, as far as Poison types go, I'm replacing Toxicroak with Pancham, and I do have a Shiny Gulpin I caught in the beginning of the game...

I swept her with bulk up/sucker punch/zen headbutt/revenge toxicroak. The strategy was just to get up to +6 ASAP (most likely on wigglytuff because for some reason it seemed to focus more on setting up than damaging me). Sucker Punch will deal with the frail stuff (Swellow), and at +5 or +6 you can take the slaking's earthquake and kill it with revenge.

Oh Marienette...The unexpected Gym Battle....When I realised it was coming it was too late...That Slaking.....Had to restart...I just +6 Bulk Up against her Wigglytuff with Blaziken and swept on the 2nd try... Looking at your team, Toxicroak is the only thing working....I'd sugest evolving your Dewott (then lower it to 35 with a Reverse Candy)

• 8 months later...

Can't beat her either my team is

Meditite lvl 35 confusion calm mind high jump kick force Palm

Pangoro lvl 37 bulk up karate chop vital throw slash

Typhlosian lvl 35 flame wheel flame charge quick attack take down

Sesimitoad lvl 35 bubble beam muddy water mudshot take down

Altaria lvl 34 dragon breath disarming voice cotton guard pluck

Pyroar lvl 35 fire fang rock smash flame headbut slash

Flame charge pyroar

Necroposting much?

you should edit posts when you make a mistake, not make new ones, double-posting is a bad

there is a gym leader help thread look for it next time, as for now, i recommend getting a fighting type if one is avalible

Edited by The Anti-Fern

I kicked her as* with me dusclops with will-o-wisp and lots of moomoo milk ofc and medicham high jump kick all :D. You'd be surprised how useful dusclops with will-0-wisp can be if you have the patience. With will-o-wisp and curse I managed to make minced meat of a lot of those pokemon bosses aswell.

I Really Can't Beat Marianette, I Need Tips:

MeowsticG 34:
Twistedspoon
Infiltrator
Shadowball
Fakeout
Disarmingvoice
Extrasensory

Braxien 32:
Magican
Pysbeam
FireSpin
LightScreen
Ember

Vanillite 27:
Quickclaw
Icebody
Uproar
Willo-Wisp
Mirrorshot
Avalanche

Nidorina 30:
Poison Barb
Poison Point
Poison Sweep
Bite
Tailwhip
Rocksmash

Floatzle 33:
Swiftswim
Aquajet
Watergun
Roar
Doublehit

Swablu 27:
Exp. Share
Naturalcure
Disarmingvoice
Mist
Round
Refresh

Stacking shot does wonders if u get it up properly. Swept through 5 team members before slaking. I just protected on my pokemon when he attacked and attacked when he was open. Piece of cake!!!!