Team Meteor

Anthony810

Not so sure how crazy this part of the game was, since the original RB diary entries talk about Mew and Mewtwo... please don't actually let anyone be insane enough to try to clone Arceus.

It's possible that their plan might be this all along.

I think it would be kinda funny if that happens and the clone doesn't even listen to them and just do a "lol, screw that, imma gonna go do whatever i want, ur not my mom" moment xD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest the Cult of Arceus working with Team Meteor is biggest headscracther I have so far for this game. On topic I think Team Meteor is best written evil team so far and what Team Galactic should have been. (BW1 Team Plasma doesn't count because of the good members that would split to form Old Team Plasma in BW2)

Besides what Foamy said, I think it's also an issue of the Cult believing that since they are righteous and good, they can use everyone else however they want.

They believe deeply that they are doing the correct thing, so as a consequence, everything they do to achieve their goals is also correct by the virtue of their intentions.

It's "the end justifies the means" all over again.

It's possible that their plan might be this all along.

I think it would be kinda funny if that happens and the clone doesn't even listen to them and just do a "lol, screw that, imma gonna go do whatever i want, ur not my mom" moment xD

I'm getting slight Jesus vibes from this whole clone idea.

But think of how many children Zeus had. THAT would be far more terrifying.

But think of how many children Zeus had. THAT would be far more terrifying.

Wait... What If they clone a Arceus from each plate??? I mean, Is kind of easy to drop them from mining, they could always have a small team in charge of that,

and by the time we get to the final battle they have already gathered all of them and started the cloning.

OH GOD Conspiracy!!

Edited by pyroice

That was kinda what I was joking about.
I'm not sure how likely it'd be for the actual game (can you imagine having to defeat 18 Arceus? Dear lord.), but I couldn't help but think about it thanks to the whole "son of (a) god" implication that it'd have if someone were to clone Arceus.

While on the topic of the plates, though: wen I think back to Arceus and the Jewel of Life, then the implication is that the lack of Plates makes Arceus weaker, since it loses its ability to change into the corresponding type, and that was, overall, an important plot point of the film.
If Reborn is really the place where Arceus has "fallen to Earth", could it be possible that is in a weakened state where it doesn't have its full power?
I honestly can't imagine any other way that anyone would think they could assert even the tiniest amount of control over it.
I mean, we're just talking about, uh... the Pokemon that created the entire universe, yeah. That one.

What if the cultists of Arceus have some kind of special ability that can control/communicate with arceus/force it to obey their commands?

So Team Meteor made some kind of deal with them to get that said power?

If Reborn is really the place where Arceus has "fallen to Earth", could it be possible that is in a weakened state where it doesn't have its full power?

Might be the reason that we can mine the plates fairly easily. Nah, I doubt it, I'll keep going in the conspiracy train xD

I'm kinda late to the party with this thread but whatevs

First of all, jesus the amount of speculation in this thread is insane

Secondly,

I don't know if this has been said already but;

If you go with Laura in to Tanzan Mountain to save Saphira after she got captured by Sirius, Laura says that when she was still young and at the orphanage, Lin was with them, and that Lin would always be mean towards them, such as breaking Laura's crayons. Laura eventually wonders how Lin would reach such a high position at Team Meteor.

Sorry, if you guys already know that. XD

Thnx for the insight, I didn't know that, even though I suspected that

Lin had once been a child in the orphanage as well, after the Doc recognized her somewhat

I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THIS. THANKYOU THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

In regards to Ama's post when discussing events that take place in the pokemon game-universe we can't really compare it to events from the anime/manga universe because there's too many inconsistencies between them. Even if Nintendo is starting to make a faint crossover from anime to the games (e.g: the reference the the Mega Evolution specials by Steven after P.Groudon/P.Kyogre in ORAS), all we can really assume is that all different forms of pokemon media are canon, but take place in parallel worlds (as suggested by Zinnia in ORAS) and as a result of that, events that take place in the games, anime and manga happen in all media/poke-universes but just to different magnitudes.

Now back on topic: I think Team Meteors specific ambitions are still being made quite obscure to us (correct me if I'm wrong and someone working with Meteor has spilled the beans? It's been a while since I last played Reborn and my memory is getting foggy while waiting for E15). How it's being made out atm, at least to me, is that Meteor has many different aims. One seems to be to purge Reborn.. or something like that (according to Solaris) whereas another seems to be... idek. That's how vague it's being made to me. Can someone confirm whether I'm right about how vague everything is at the moment or whether I'm just forgetting huge chunks of the game :s

In regards to Ama's post when discussing events that take place in the pokemon game-universe we can't really compare it to events from the anime/manga universe because there's too many inconsistencies between them. Even if Nintendo is starting to make a faint crossover from anime to the games (e.g: the reference the the Mega Evolution specials by Steven after P.Groudon/P.Kyogre in ORAS), all we can really assume is that all different forms of pokemon media are canon, but take place in parallel worlds (as suggested by Zinnia in ORAS) and as a result of that, events that take place in the games, anime and manga happen in all media/poke-universes but just to different magnitudes.

Now back on topic: I think Team Meteors specific ambitions are still being made quite obscure to us (correct me if I'm wrong and someone working with Meteor has spilled the beans? It's been a while since I last played Reborn and my memory is getting foggy while waiting for E15). How it's being made out atm, at least to me, is that Meteor has many different aims. One seems to be to purge Reborn.. or something like that (according to Solaris) whereas another seems to be... idek. That's how vague it's being made to me. Can someone confirm whether I'm right about how vague everything is at the moment or whether I'm just forgetting huge chunks of the game :s

If we were discussing a canon game, then I wouldn't take other media into consideration, true. But since Reborn is a fangame, I'm more inclined to do it.

Arceus is important to the storyline here, whereas it gets nowhere near as much attention in the canon games, so it seems possible to me that ideas could be taken from sources outside the game series.

As for Team Meteor's goals, the only thing that we've really been told is that they apparently want to "make Reborn pure again" and create a "new world".

I think a huge part of the vagueness can be traced back to the leadership takeover by Lin; think about what Eclipse said when you meet her for the last time:

feclipse_10.png

feclipse_11.png

The way she says it, it kinda makes me think that destroying the world as we know it was not the original objective, since in that scenario, it would make no difference whether people get killed or merely driven out of the city.

I don't know what exactly the plans for Reborn City were when she references "cleansing" it, but if it is true that Team Meteor originally wanted people to leave the city rather than outright killing them, it makes me wonder if the "new world" deal was meant to be literal.

It sounds more like "hey let's use the power of this Meteor/Arceus/whatever to give the region a makeover".

Simon, on the other hand, tells us this:

fsimon_04.png

And Tara said this:

fbaa.png

Which sounds a lot more like "so, remember Cyrus' idea? Yeah, let's do that. Let's end the world and make a new one."

Now, Eclipse told us about Team Meteor's plans under Solaris' leadership, whereas Simon was convinced by Sirius to join.

We don't know at what point any of them joined the Team (that is, if Simon and Tara joined before or after Lin's takeover), but I think there's two possibilities:

- Team Meteor's objectives have shifted when Lin took over

- The Meteor leaders have been lying to people about their true intentions to gain more followers

I'm more inclined to believe that it's the former, because if everyone had been given different promises when they joined, shouldn't that have become obvious eventually?