Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know I am actually surprised Hukuna hasn't shown up to bash you all for this idea yet...

We were both waiting for the same thing I see.

OCMjSLm.png

Here's today's special broadcast, live in Kokom City! As you all know, Kokom is located in the middle of the forest, and now we're standing in front of the town's temple! "Dedicated to the Three", this sign reads. Let's go inside and see if anyone's there?

???: Ah, hello.

A woman, with her back turned to us, is lighting the candles at the temple's altar.

???: I have heard it from the townsfolk. You are here in the temple to interview the Gym Leader, are you not?

Yes, that is true! Can you tell us where the Gym Leader is?

???: Oh, you must not know. I am the Gym Leader of this place. My name is Anthea.

6yc8lofz.png

p6TReaO.png

Anthea: At least, that's my common name. The priestesses here have separate names given by the spirits. Come, make yourself at home: the temple is a gift from the spirits to us all. So, what is it that you want to know?

We want to tell the people in the big cities all about the Gym Leaders! What is your main occupation in the temples?

Anthea: I prepare the altars so that we may give our blessings to the Three. They are the spirits that have granted us what we have. And, as a Gym Leader, I welcome the challengers and battle them. Not here in the temple, of course. The battles are held in the forest to keep the temple for visit and prayer only.

That's certainly... Interesting. Why did you choose to do this task?

Anthea: It is a birthright. I am but a humble spirit sworn to protect the order the Trio have blessed us with. I hope to guide the trainers and travelers here down a rightful path!

Can you tell us anything about your battles?

Anthea: I have sworn to keep most of it a secret and, like I have dedicated my life to the Trio, I will not leave that promise. I can, however, tell you one thing: I fight alongside with nature. To not disturb the order of nature, we only battle with the Pokemon we find in our area. This will help us preserve nature, and it allows us insight into how the Pokemon act - and fight - naturally. To the trainers who see this balance and defeat me in battle, I hand out the Nature Badge.

That is a great philosophy.

Anthea: That is true. But now, I must return to the altar. May the blessings of the Three be with you.

Thanks, bye! Well, that's one person who's dedicated to her religion. This was our broadcast, signing out!

Now this is the Grass-Type leader I assume... with a slight chance of Bug-type...

Battle in the forest.

"preserve nature"

that Leaf-Hat

And the Trio is most likeley a reference to the legendaries of the region

Now this is the Grass-Type leader I assume... with a slight chance of Bug-type...

Battle in the forest.

"preserve nature"

that Leaf-Hat

And the Trio is most likeley a reference to the legendaries of the region

I guess this means I owe Zim a beer.

I guess this means I owe Zim a beer.

Just to give it some context for those who don't know, I made a bet based on what types Cepheus was going to guess when we announced this gym leader. And it seems I just won a beer lol.

Just to give it some context for those who don't know, I made a bet based on what types Cepheus was going to guess when we announced this gym leader. And it seems I just won a beer lol.

ahahahaha...

I mean... c'mon!

Do you guys proof-read theese things??

It is totally obvious! How can someone NOT immediatley think grass-type after seeing that leaf-hat and that sapling in her hand with all that preserve-nature stuff???

I need a real challange!

Give me a guy who looks like fire-type, works at a museum, whos hobby is Ice-skating and has an interest in fairy tales! NOW THAT would be a challange! ... but then my guess would probalby be champion... for multi-types :P

ahahahaha...

I mean... c'mon!

Do you guys proof-read theese things??

It is totally obvious! How can someone NOT immediatley think grass-type after seeing that leaf-hat and that sapling in her hand with all that preserve-nature stuff???

Or maybe, just maybe, that's what we want you to think...

Explanation:

Gratteras is based on Oceania. Australia is in Oceania. Aboriginal australian tribes used to worship the Uluru, which is a giant rock in the the desert. There are multiple waterfalls, springs, rock caves and ancient paintings in the area surrounding it. Temples being in the surrounding area or on top of the rock is something expected from a game. Not so much from a pokemon game, but still possible. Therefore, types connected with worshiping and astral or devine presences are of Psychic and Ghost type. Just because it says nature, it doesn't mean that this nature needs to be an alive one. It can be a force of nature that build this area, or the world of Gratteras. A dead nature that does not obey the rules of "mother nature". However, a place of worship, like a temple, that's frequently visited and is connected to creation and not destruction is not a typical home for a ghost gym. The surrounding area can be, but not the temple itself. Therefore, psychic.

Minor update: just letting everyone know that we just started the detailed planning of the first episode. So yeah hooray for progresses :D

YES!!!!!

ADD MORE REDHEADS :L

Speaking of progress...

OCMjSLm.png

It's been a while since I have made an announcement! And I am actually very happy, because tonight I get to announce another mandatory Pokemon! What do I mean by "mandatory Pokemon"? Well, it's simple: you know how each Pokemon game must have 3 starters, Rattata-like common mammal, a Caterpie-like common bug, a Weedle-like common bug that looks more menacing than the other one, a Pidgey-like common bird and a Pikachu clone? Well, we already revealed to you the starters, the Rattata expy and the Caterpie expy: now it's time for the Pidgey expy! Ladies and gentlemen please give it up for Magpy!

_010_magpy_by_zimvader42-d8wd4zw.png

Magpy is the crafty Pokemon: it is a very intelligent Pokemon that lacks the raw strength of things like the Taillow or Starly line, but makes up for it with a lot of useful abilities and out-of-the-box tactics. For example, in its unevolved form it may have the ability Pick Up, and you all know how important that ability is: growing up, it will eventually be swapped with another ability that is very useful in combat, so that is a bonus too!

... Or you could just get stuck with Keen Eye. Ehi don't blame us for making crappy abilities. Anyhow, this guy here is guaranteed to have a spot in your early game team but, if you get the right ability and give it a chance, it might prove useful going forward as well... How many evos will it get? Will it's basic Normal/Flying typing change upon evolution, or will it stay the same? And what could its HA be? You are free to discuss all these things!

And as always, #FOLD

My guess would be Dark/Flying for later Evolutions since you always 'complained' about having soooo much dark-types.

and in b4 Hidden Ability is Galewings...

it's cold, empty, soulless eyes stare into the abyss of MY soul...

My guess would be Dark/Flying for later Evolutions since you always 'complained' about having soooo much dark-types.

and in b4 Hidden Ability is Galewings...

it's cold, empty, soulless eyes stare into the abyss of MY soul...

Your uncanny ability to somehow always guess the right thing at the wrong time, and for all the wrong reasons, never ceases to amaze me...