Pokemon Academy Ch. 3: Queued-Up Battles

Jory

Kage vs. Mareek

"I don't think you got the point. Lucas, now!" The Ralt's eyes briefly became visible as his energy flared, summoning a barrage of scintillating leaves that flew unerringly toward the incoming projectile - and, by extension, the one who fired it. The light in the room, already twisted about by the strange psychic effects created by Lucas, flickered and reflected between the magical leaves, putting on quite the light show and making it more difficult to actually see what was going on by the second.

((it's up to you whether or not that actually stops the incoming hit at all, cancels out, or breaks it and continues))

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{Mareek vs Kage}

Hell, why not try out some persona for a while?

"I can see the electrified floor didn't do anything to slow it down... figures. I just want this stupid thing to end soon..." He shook his head as he briefly ordered the young swordsman to defend himself, Nemo responding by catching his returning club, the thing having been repelled after knocking down only a few of the incoming glowing leafs. Again becoming a mere blur as he moved, Nemos arms moved as if conducting a symphony, the slate grey slabs glowing white right along with his body as they moved into position before him, a few chips flying off here and there as they took the remaining brunt of the attack.

Mareek lowered his outstretched palm, smirking as he gazed at the boy across from him in both a metaphorical and literal new light. "Well... could be worst, I guess. at least he's obviously got something planned. It was a nice try to throw me off, but acting like he really was a moron would've worked better in the long run. Hell though, If he didn't have his reputation, I'd honestly have to say I'm impressed the blind guy is putting up a better fight than James." "Nemo, Phalanx Maneuver! Ricochet!"

The orphan needed not be told twice, his body again glowing white as he moved the makeshift rock barrier a bit closer to the opponent's side before drawing on his memory of past battles to figure out what the boy wanted when he had said "Richochet". Again Nemo became a mere blur as he launched his Club at an angle for the nearest iron bar of the cage, the piece of bone bouncing off just as Mareek had hoped and beginning what became an fast, unpredictable flight path around Lucas's side of the field.. that soon sent the white blur hurtling right towards the back of the Ralt's head...

"Whatever he's got up his sleeve though... that Ralts of his seems to know quite well what to do though... almost a bit too well...either that's some damn good training, or..."

In the stands...

"He's at such a disadvantage and he can't even see it..." Alexandra sighed to no one in particular. Mars looked at her, unsure whether she meant the blind child or her own. "Have you been watching the Ralts?" Mars nodded. "Then you saw how it was on his shoulder at the beginning? and how it seems to be using those moves without any real orders?" Mars stared at her blankly. It took the woman a few moments to realize the dark type hadn't even taken part in that fight, long long ago. "Erm...nevermind," she sighed, instead looking at Joltara as the fox rested it's head in her lap. "You remember the blind old woman with the Gardevoir and Gallade though, don't you Tara?"

The electric type nodded before glancing at the field. Was it really not obvious to the boy what was going on between his opponents? Really, all the pieces were there... there were no actual orders, and the kid was blind... and using a psychic type for the love of arceus. Shouldn't take too much of a leap and abound to get the picture. If Mareek couldn't realize this was one of the true, unspoken reasons why his mother had told him not to underestimate the blind...

{Jacob vs. Danielle}

Avis is dangerous, especially on this field. I guess we have only one option, Jacob thought to himself. "We'll take the first move! Chalchi, use Rain Dance! Make a storm like you never have before! Teo, make it harder for them to see, then get out of sight!" Chalchi immediately looked skyward, braying as she called forward dark thunderclouds and harsh winds. The sky opened up in a heavy downpour in response to her efforts. That should make Corona's flying a little more difficult, he thought as he watched Teo summon a Sand Tomb and launch it into the wind turbines. The wet sand clung to everything it touched, coating the blades of the turbines and flying around the field. The Trapinch then dug himself under the field, being careful to fill in the hole behind him.

You've got this bud, I know it. Lucas started to dodge the incoming projectile, but only managed to evade enough that it clipped him and sent him spinning rather than hitting head-on. Again, more glowing leaves appeared around the Ralts despite his rotation, adding to the brilliant mess that was the cage already. The leaves, twisted dimensions, and the light given off by the Cubone's lightning attacks would have combined to make it virtually impossible to see - but that wasn't a problem for Kage. The leaves that Lucas had fired swirled around Nemo, closing in for the hit.

"You see this Java?" Mareek whispered into the capsule already in his hand as Nemo was hit full on by the light storm. He had already put on the carving goggles around his neck the moment things he'd realized Kage and his little friend over there were going to sit back and base their entire strategy off a light show. "You see what happens when you lie? By sunrise, you said... you were boosting him with Discharge the entire time to make him think he had it down, don't think I don't know you didn't actually train him past the basic step of making a few sparks. You know how he is... you knew he would want to try something like this..."

"What else was I supposed to do?" Java retorted in his ear. "The damn boy was hopeless, after he got the bare ass basics, it was all downhill... intentionally targeting him with discharge attacks and letting him channel it as if it were his own power was the only way. You know how humiliating it would've been if not even an hour after we had began, I had to go up to you and admit I was a fool and had overestimated his teachability? We're lucky it's even as meagerly strong as it is..."

"Nnnno... What we are, is up shit creek without a paddle, thanks to you and you're stupid vendetta..." Mareek grimaced as he watched the ground type stumble to his feet in the cage, having been too distracted by the damn lights to properly defend himself. "Let's take that thing out and get out of this... I'm done." Without another word to his (Soon to be former at the going rate) Partner, he turned back to nemo just as the light from before died down in intensity enough for the young fighter to few hazy glimpses of his opponent across the field... though Mareek knew he wouldn't up to much longer. He brought Java's capsule back up to his lips, laughing bitterly. "Ya know, it's alot like the fight against Jacob. Except this time, it's my own damn fault for listening to you in the first place, and again for not telling Nemo no... too damn nice for my own good sometimes."

"Nemo! Javelin! Then Ancient Rush" Mareek Shouted. The cubone nodded at the orders, clearing the stone barrier before him as his body again blazed a silvery white, several small orbs of the same color emerging off him as he felt a brief surge of power run through him as the moves secondary effect kicked in. "Oh yeah, great...a stat boost right when it doesn't even matter anymore, freaking yipee..." The young warrior raised a tiny hand into the air, concentrating some of the renewed will he felt into forming the spears into slender, sharp projectiles of slate grey stone, four in total, then all at once, he sent them all hurtling toward Lucas just like their name sake as he charged forward blindly in their wake, a silvery white bone rush (Bone Rush cloaked in Ancient Power) clutched in his hands as he dashed.

But he knew damn well what was likely to happen here. He had failed this whole thing, he could recognize what he was being ordered to do from his very first real fight. IT was gonna be like when he fought Chalchi, all over again...

why was it that it seemed he always failed when it mattered though? why...? Was it because of the Thunder Punch? Java told him it would've been strong enough to take something big like the Lapras... but yet it seemed like it hadn't done anything against something his own damn size.

First the Rhydon, now a freaking fairy- No... enough, that was the old him, the coward. He was weak. He simply had to accept that. His master knew he was weak too, but had still let him go out here and try... time and time again, even though he always knew the likely outcome...

And so he was gonna carry out whatever order he received the best he damn well could. His mother may have given him life, but the Boy with the red hair had given it meaning... and that was something Nemo would always be indebted to him for. Always.

Besides, Mareek had to have a plan afterall, right? right?

((Murdoc, whatever happens is pretty much up to you at this point. If you wanna win it then feel free to have this be a complete suicide attack for Nemo seeing as he can't take much more anyway. Aterwards I can arrange for the real issues to start and Mareek to just walk away from it all))

The Ralts collapsed the storm of leaves inward, cutting at the Cubone from every angle and colliding with the incoming attack. One of the spears managed to break through, colliding with Lucas and sending him reeling, but his boosted mental defenses helped him weather the blow.

Mareek v Kage

Nemo

So this was it then. Just like he called it, it was suicide shot. But fine. He'd done his job, whatever Mareek had meant for it to be. Afterall, suicide plans seemed to be what he excelled at. And if his weakness could buy time, then a least he had some form of usefulness. He closed his eyes as the glowing leafs began to storm around him once more. When the leafs started to tear into him one by one, he didn't even feel it. No pain, no more blinding light shows. He just staggered off, not paying any attention to the stupid Fairy who had stone walled him. One foot over the other, rinse wash and repeat. Until he had stumbled all the way back to Mareek's side of the field, looked up at his trainer, nodded... and then collapsed in the nearest corner of the cage, out of the way of whoever would come in after him.

Mareek

I'm sorry Nemo... I didn't want for it to have to be this way... "Nice light show. But I'm honestly sick of the gimmicks. Interesting though... the only way you could be controlling the ralts so well is if it was through telepathy. Can't say I've gone up against something like that in the past." He gripped Java's ball firmer, grinding his teeth as he glared over at the psychic. "Not like it matters now though- Achilles!!!Take over the field!!" in a flash of pure crimson, Java hovered down above the steel floor of the cage, glancing briefly at the ground type as he did.

He had screwed up quite a bit here... he'd let his own goals get the better of him, let a vendetta blind him... and the kid had to pay because of it. He couldn't help but feel something familiar well up in him, looking at the cubone's defeated form. Perhaps if he had gone the extra mile to actually train him instead of lying to him. Perhaps if he had possessed more faith in the boy... no. Now was too late for should'ves, he had made his bed...

Without another thought, Java set about his opening orders the from red-headed boy, his entire body flashing a multitude of colors as he randomly shifted between types before settling on one to resist the last move used by the foe; Steel. He didn't bother waiting for further instruction. He knew the boy wouldn't be issuing much given the circumstances anyway, so... looked like he was fighting on his own for now.

Java's eyes flared a bright crimson as Lucas's entire body did the same, fading away right along with the haze of Java's pupils, and the next moment the strategist unleashed a blast of electricity in all directions, far more powerful than anything his pitiful apprentice could ever conjure, the entire space around the cage stinking of burned ozone and the chattering of thousand birds echoing out as several tendrils of lightning arced right for Lucas, as well as struck the bars and floor of the cage, electrifying the entire surface and threatening to electrocute anything unfortunate enough to make contact with any part of it.

Not that Java had anything to worry about though. He could float. And even besides, it was his own electricity anyway...

As the bolts arced toward Lucas, the little Ralts began to glow brightly as he leapt up into the air to avoid the electrified floor. As he came down in a graceful arc, he ceased glowing, revealing his new form, one more suited to that sort of maneuver. The now-Kirlia took the impact of the remainder of the attack before firing off a wave of telekinetic energy at his opponent. After his dance-like maneuver ended, however, he tottered on his toes - Lucas was clearly out of stamina, and almost helpless toward what was about to happen. Kage was too busy gaping at what had just happened to give him an order immediately; he hadn't expected his lifetime companion to decide he was ready right now.

Mareek vs Kage

"And yet another light show...though looks like this one's a bit more special. Whatever." "Avenge Nemo's suffering for your failing..." Mareek said pointedly in a voice so low only Java could hear... well, nemo as well, given the orphan was beginning to just barely regain consciousness.

Java

The duck took his eyes off his opponent only to hear what he knew was coming since this morning. Of course the boy was going to forfeit before they ever got to the finals, of course he was going to deny Java any opportunity for vengence. The fate of his endeavor had been sealed since last night to be honest, but now... now it was real, and it stung. Even though he could've seen it coming with his own path of self-destruction, it still only burned now that it was in his face and in the present. But to be quite honest, floating here, looking at Nemo as he lay on the ground, weakly staring at him... Java found that burned took on a different feeling, for a different reason than it had been born.

He didn't want vengeance. Not after it's pursuit had turned him into such a fool. Well... no... there was one bit of vengeance he still wanted, if nothing more than that the orphan's endeavor out here wouldn't have been in vain.

Java Turned. Java Aimed. Three spheres formed before him, one of ice blue mist, one of thunder, one of flame, each made of the elements themselves rather than the usual mere colored lights. Without a word, he willed for them all to intertwine, each sphere forming it's stream as a helix formed... And the next moment, Java fired, sending the Tri Attack, the true form of tri attack, hurtling right towards the Newly Evolved Kirlia.

This may have been the last shot he would fire in the tournament, he may not have gotten to use it on a smug, single-minded, foolish, flaming lizard... but even so, by no means was this last shot wasted. It wasn't wasted because at least this one... Java could fire without shame.

Because this... was for Nemo.

Lucas was too tired to evade, and the attack hit squarely, sending the Kirlia flying across the arena to hit the bars of the cage hard. Kage quickly recalled him before any further damage could be done. "Hey, what the hell man? You really want to play this game?" In reality, he wouldn't order a full-power attack on a weakened Pokemon just because of its trainer - but Mareek didn't know that. "Al'Thor." He tossed the ball into the cage, revealing the Metang. If one looked closely, they could see the hint of a look of determination in his red eyes. "Let's get ready for this." The Metang bobbed up and down slightly before beginning to wave its arms in front of it, scraping them back and forth while leaving traces of glowing light that formed a screen against damage.

Mareek v Kage

Java made no move even as his newest opponent began making preparations, simply hovering there, backing away towards Mareek's platform. There was no point acting like he even wanted to fight anymore. No point in pretending he even cared about the rest of this match. Mareek kept up the spiteful gaze he'd been fixing the disgraced strategist the entire time before turning his attention to Kage across the way, the mere tone of his voice enough to indicate a rage bubbling just under the surface, however thinly veiled it was by pointless nicetys...

"Well Kage, you've put a far better fight than most :People I've gone up against in a while," He said in the least bitterest voice he could muster, consciously aware that there would be repercussions from blowing up on Java's case right now when it was all being televised to the world. "In fact, I'm honestly a bit dissapointed that we can't fight this out to the finish... but I'm afraid there Issues that need dealing with on my side, and I've got a certain pink floating duck that I need to have a few words with..." He began to withdraw the capsules for Java and Nemo both, "So... looks like I'm gonna have to fall here and give you the win for this. Good game..." He barely even noticed though, as the little fighter called Nemo slowly got up in the corner he'd slumped in, eyes like smoldering coals beneath his helm...

NEMO

Really? just... fucking really? He had given that order, made him go and intentionally get taken out... just to forfeit almost immediately afterwards? All his effort, all that pain out here, the sting of defeat... It was for nothing?

No... no. Mareek wouldn't do such a thing on his own, he knew he wouldn't. his master wouldn't betray him like that, but the duck? The duck had lied to him already, had been lying to him nonstop since last night, told him his Thunderpunch was great and grand when... Nemo could tell just from looking at the pitiful sparks barely leaping from his hands, it was anything but. No. The damn porygon2 had something to do with this sudden call. He had to have.

And Nemo had just taken the fool off of the list of his protectees.

The chain of movement and events that came next were an absolute blur to Mareek as Nemo, still under the effects of the trick room over the field, rose to his feet, running on nothing but fumes and pure rage as he pounced in java's direction, twisting his small body in mid-air and hurtling his club towards his own trainer's hand, careful to restrain the force behind it just enough to avoid causing injury and watching as the peice of bone flew right in between the cage bars and smack against the hand that held his Capsule and Mareek curse under his breath as the sphere fell and rolled to the ground a few feet away.

Then Nemo focused, took all the anger, the frustration and the hate in his tiny heart, and with a virtual war cry that sounded more like a roar than something that should come out of the mouth of one so small, he willed it all into the palm of his hand, willed it all to burst outwards, to crackle and leap, to tear apart the air itself and make his pathetic Duck-like mentor pay for his deception and transgressions, and in the other hand he did the same, a bone rush materializing and blazing bright as the sun...

Java had no time to react at all as a full power, hate-driven thunder punch collided into the side of his face, his limbs feeling as though they had turned to stone as the rest of Nemo came shortly after it, swinging around his other arm and grabbing hold with his electrified fist as the scent of burned ozone filled the place and the chirping of a thousand birds rang out as The same electricity he'd just struck the liar with now coursed along his attack in a flickering haze of blue. Still letting out his war cry, Nemo finished Java with the most violently brutal Bone Rush barrage he had ever used. Five Strikes, each and every last one of them driven like a freight train into Java's head, and his steel Typing left over from the conversion2 made each and everyone of them hit with double the power...and everyone of them struck the most critical point they could.

Java fell to floor of the cage like a rock, giving no indication of life or motion whatsoever... though it wasn't like he had ever done so to begin with when he was conscious anyway. Nemo towered over him, the electrified projection of energy still clutched tight in his hand the moment the crimson beam hit him and he was recalled. Java got the same treatment afterwards.

Mareek

"And Of fucking course." Mareek sighed to himself as he recalled both fighters, both his hands held up, thumbs depressing the triggers. Without a single word to Kage, he rose from the dust of the ground, having dived to get Nemo's ball the moment he'd realized what was going on. "I tried. I tried getting out of it, I tried forfeiting... but obviously it was too little too late. the damn thing still ended up blowing up in my face...I'm just done..."

((Second semi-final: Ryan vs Kage, Fire field))

"The same rules apply for this battle. It's a double battle and each trainer is allowed to switch only once. Of course you're allowed to replace a fainted Pokémon, but after a second one faints you lose the battle," Brand explained as the lava spread around the battle field. The security fences fell into place with a loud bang to make sure none of the Pokémon would be thrown in inwillingly as things were about to heat up between the couple.

{Danielle vs Jacob}

While Danielle couldn't see the field as well as she should, she knew her Pokemon's vision are a different story. Plus, she now has a chance to make the field more spectacular by making it darker. "If you want night time, you got it! Avis, Night Shade towards the ceiling. Corona, use Incinerate on the turbines afterwards!" Danielle is going to ignore Teo for now, hoping that Corona's movements will attract his attention.
Avis gave a glance at the bug as if to tell her to watch her movement. She blinked a few times to get the sand out of her eyes before she took off and focused her attention on the storm cloud (and ceiling) above their heads. Her normally red eyes glowed a faint pink before a blob of dark aura formed and shot up towards the sky; the Night Shade expanded upon contact with the dark gray clouds, covering the field in almost pitch-black darkness.
Corona watched as her mentor performed the mental attack before she Flame Charged her way to the turbine, warming herself up from the shivering winds. Once she crawled up on top of the wind turbine, the Larvesta shook herself loose from the sand before she released a barrage of Incinerates towards the middle of the wind generator. With the darkened atmosphere, the bright red flames looked like miniature glowing bombs making their way to Jacob's field and, hence, Chalchi. While Corona stayed put, Avis then began making her way towards Chalchi as well. The flaps of her wings could be heard if one listened hard enough.

{Jacob vs. Danielle}

"Chalchi, counterattack with a triple Pulse!" Jacob ordered. The Lapras opened her mouth as the Incinerates impacted her, doing miniscule damage thanks to her natural bulk, training, and the pouring rain. Three powerful glowing balls of light flew toward the source of the Incinerate attacks. However, Teo was still nowhere to be seen, still burrowed underneath the terrain.

{Danielle vs. Jacob}

"Corona, hide yourself and counterattack! Avis, go in for Chalchi!" Danielle ordered. The only thing she could see from the field were the faint outline of Jacob's Lapras and the flames that were extinguished by the turbine. She would have to count on their natural night vision to execute their moves.

A chirp could be heard as the little bug tried jumping to the back of the turbine to avoid the Water Pulses. She squealed as some of the water hit her, but she shook it off quickly before she got back up and fired off another stream of fire (Incinerate) with the winds once again.

Avis had flown back towards Danielle's side of the field and fired off a Dark Pulse in tandem with the flames. The dark rings soon surround the small flames, creating what seemed like an appearing and disappearing act with the lights.

{Jacob vs. Danielle}

Jacob grinned as Avis fired off the Dark Pulse. "Now!" he shouted. Teo flew upward on a swirling tower of sand toward Avis, his underground-adapted vision serving as more than adequate in the darkness of the field. The Trapinch's jaws glowed blue as he rapidly approached the Murkrow, attempting to grab onto it and throw it to the ground using his Superpower attack. "Chalchi, you know what to do! Use Protect, then stop that turbine!" The Lapras strained her neck forward. Suddenly, a bright blue-green barrier appeared around the Lapras. The Murkrow and Larvesta's attacks pinged harmlessly off it. A mist began to grow around Corona's turbine, which was covered in wet sand and water. The fan creaked to a halt as the water froze, cutting off the air current.

{Ryan vs. Kage}

Ryan stepped onto his platform and instantly shielded his face from the sudden blast of heat. I mean, the tropics of Mossdeep are hot and stuff, but at least it was humid. This is disgustingly dry. He removed his arms from his head and slouched his shoulders, sighing. Not to mention I have to fight Kage. I'm proud of him, I really am, but I really want to take this all the way. Jacob's going to be tough, but at least knowing that I'm on his level is good enough for me. I'm bound to be mediocre, and the only thing I've got going for me is the fact that my death is super dramatic and soon... What am I even saying? As he waited for his love to approach, he released Feroces onto the field. The electric feline stood gallantly for a moment before the heat of the floor caught up to him and he was eventually hopping around the floor, trying to avoid burning his paws.

"Hey. No going easy, alright? We're both gonna do our best here." It was sort of paradoxical; he wanted Ryan to win but at the same time hadn't wanted this to happen. Damnit, either way this works out is going to be shitty, I can feel it. He sighed quietly. Whatever. Worrying about it's only going to make things worse, and it doesn't get much worse than 'prophecy of impending doom.' "Reina, you've got this," he said as he tossed out the ball containing the Tyrunt. As she was released, she struck a regal pose, looking down her nose at the Luxio as she analyzed her opponent.

{Ryan vs. Kage}

"I wouldn't dream of going easy with you~" Ryan winked, knowing Kage couldn't see it. There was obvious tension, and it was just like Ryan to want to relieve it. "Is it hot in here or is it just you?" Ryan took the collar of his shirt and began pushing it back and forth, fanning himself with it. "Alright, alright. I guess we can start."

Hearing the words of his owner, Feroces suddenly locked into battling mode. He was no longer focused on the heated floor below him and stared intently into Reina's eyes. After he was sure Reina had been shaken slightly, he began bounding towards the Tyrunt, his teeth gleaming with frost. As he got closer, he lunged forward, his mouth opening in a menacing grin.

{Danielle vs Jacob}

"Avis, use--" Danielle started before she saw a stream of fire head towards the glowing Trapinch. "Dark Pulse on Chalchi then. And Corona, Signal Beam on Teo!" she finished, chuckling a little at the display. It was good to see that Corona is becoming more independent but, at the same time, the firebug still hasn't thought about the consequences yet.

Due to the previous Flame Charge, Corona was able to react more quickly to the incoming Superpower than Avis (surprisingly). Without a command, she enveloped herself in the warm flames once again and rammed herself into Teo's side in an attempt to knock him away from her mentor and friend. The recoil, however, made the Larvesta take her eyes off of Teo for a moment before she fired off a Signal Beam in the direction that she thought Teo was knocked off to.

Avis would have been more grateful for the little bug's interference had the flames not scorched some of her breast feathers. She was lucky that her flight feathers are still intact. Oh boy, another thing she will have to teach Corona. Who knew being a mentor would be this difficult? Avis elevated herself upwards to avoid another possible sneak attack and fired off another stream of black and purple rings once more at Chalchi.

{Jacob vs. Danielle}

Neither of the Larvesta's Fire attacks had nearly the effect Danielle had been hoping for. Thanks to the combination of the rain and the wet sand enveloping Teo, he only felt uncomfortably warm from the larval moth's flames, and the Trapinch's superior physical prowess allowed him to not be knocked too far off course. However, the Larvesta's attack gave Jacob just the opportunity he'd been hoping for. "Reverse, now!" The Trapinch turned back into the Sand Tomb and began moving the opposite direction toward the ground and the falling Larvesta. The Signal Beam barely missed him as he flow downward and his fangs began to glint in the darkness as he descended toward Corona, hoping to grab her and slam her against the ground.

Then, it was time to defend against Avis's annoying attacks from afar. I guess I'll borrow from Mareek with the separation tactics. "Chalchi, cut them off. Use Frozen Curtain" The Lapras fired a Water Pulse between the Larvesta and Murkrow that detonated in midair, creating a brilliant swirl of water droplets in addition to the rain. A pale mist enveloped the detonated Water Pulse and it began to harden, growing larger as the raindrops fell and froze on it. Eventually there was a sizable barrier in the middle of the field that cut the Larvesta off from aid. Chalchi took the hit well, but was starting to become slightly fatigued from the repeated attacks.

"Intercept that!" Reina seemed to kick up a set of boulders out of nowhere, sending them flying at her incoming assailant and threatening to impact hard if he couldn't dodge or simply stop his charge. I've got to stall Feroces a bit so Reina can recover from that Intimidate. I can win the waiting game here; Reina's right at home with this environment. Indeed, the heat didn't seem to bother her much at all; she was descended from kings and queens, something minor like a hot floor would not - could not - faze her.

{Ryan vs. Kage}

It was a good thing Ryan had been agility training with Feroces to compensate for his natural lack of speed. He began ducking and diving, lunging between the meteor shower of rocks, until one got too close. Feroces tried to jump over it, but instead his paws landed on the rocks, and he pushed off, sending it flying back to Reina. However, he wasn't exactly used to moving like this, and Feroces fell upon his back, where another small rock hit him across the stomach. Feroces was angered at his sudden incompetence. A low rumble began in his stomach and soon began escalating to a high pitched yowl as he squirmed on the heated ground.

The rock struck Reina, and while it didn't do a significant amount of damage, it did irritate her. She slammed her foot on the ground in anger, causing tremors to reverberate across the field. As Kage stumbled, he had an alarming thought. I really hope they built this thing to withstand Bulldozes. "Alright, Reina, Dragon Dance while Feroces is slowed down!" Ideally, the combination of Rock Tomb and Bulldoze would prevent the Luxio from reaching her, but he was nimble and she was wide open while she attempted to work up her spirit.

{Jacob vs. Danielle}

Neither of the Larvesta's Fire attacks had nearly the effect Danielle had been hoping for. Thanks to the combination of the rain and the wet sand enveloping Teo, he only felt uncomfortably warm from the larval moth's flames, and the Trapinch's superior physical prowess allowed him to not be knocked too far off course. However, the Larvesta's attack gave Jacob just the opportunity he'd been hoping for. "Reverse, now!" The Trapinch turned back into the Sand Tomb and began moving the opposite direction toward the ground and the falling Larvesta. The Signal Beam barely missed him as he flow downward and his fangs began to glint in the darkness as he descended toward Corona, hoping to grab her and slam her against the ground.

Then, it was time to defend against Avis's annoying attacks from afar. I guess I'll borrow from Mareek with the separation tactics. "Chalchi, cut them off. Use Frozen Curtain" The Lapras fired a Water Pulse between the Larvesta and Murkrow that detonated in midair, creating a brilliant swirl of water droplets in addition to the rain. A pale mist enveloped the detonated Water Pulse and it began to harden, growing larger as the raindrops fell and froze on it. Eventually there was a sizable barrier in the middle of the field that cut the Larvesta off from aid. Chalchi took the hit well, but was starting to become slightly fatigued from the repeated attacks.

{Danielle vs. Jacob}

Danielle knew it was too late for Corona to react in time to escape Teo's jaws. Her small, chubby body isn't cut out for such turnaround maneuvers. So, she opted for a second option: Getting Avis into the field. "Little one, do a somersault into Incinerate towards the ice! Avis, direct your attention to Teo and use Night Shade!"

Just like the performance that she had participated in, the firebug began to spin. The only difference is that she only fired one fireball, and that one was aimed at the ice curtain behind her. She continued to fall towards Teo's wide jaws with little licks of fire coating her body (Flame Body).

Avis listened to the ice hissing from its contact with fire. As much as she would love to take out Chalchi first, Avis also believed that Corona was needed in order to deal with the ice element in the Lapras' arsenal. So, as soon as the hole was wide enough, Avis tucked herself right between the curtain for the laughs and entertainment. A small, black ball of aura (Night Shade) soon formed in front of her beak and was released when Avis locked her gaze on Teo's glowing jaw.