Reborn Pokemon Project II (The actual work!~)

Mashew

57 members have voted

1. 1. Typing?

• Steel/Ghost
    • Dark/Ghost
    • Psychic/Dark
    • Ghost/Fighting
    • Ice/Electric

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090502194727/devilmaycry/images/archive/5/52/20120321184347!Alto_Angelo.jpg[/img]

Living suit of armor with wings? I can dig it.

In seriousness, Hypnosis and Dream Eater is possible, since most ghosts like Hypnosis and I think Dream Eater is like a TM or something still; it's not really reliable, but, uh... Possible.

Status moves are also good so Hypnosis is a double win, actually.

well a pokemon can't just have no attacking moves or a few... it needs a bit more things just in case someone wants to try something wacky
Block - ... its got a shield... need i say more?
Slash - what does a sword do?
leaf blade? - again a sword but who knows
Sucker Punch - if its a living suit of armor.... its got arms, plus sucker punch is known as sneak attack in japan so....
Flash Cannon - its not gonna be used... but really its needed cause steel type move
Tackle - its pre-evo forms move? [s]if we ever make that[/s]
Drain Punch - Stealing life force from its foes anyone?
Perish Song - i would get into complete details why but that would take to long
MEAN LOOK - Perish song into mean look... problem enemy pokemon?

[quote name='Rodaku' timestamp='1342227520' post='36415']
well a pokemon can't just have no attacking moves or a few... it needs a bit more things just in case someone wants to try something wacky
Block - ... its got a shield... need i say more? [color=#ff0000]I'll be honest and say I've never seen Block ever do anything remotely useful.[/color]
Slash - what does a sword do? [color=#ff0000]It sits there looking cool and doing nothing. Once again, pretty useless move[/color]
leaf blade? - again a sword but who knows [color=#ff0000]Logic no see[/color]
Sucker Punch - if its a living suit of armor.... its got arms, plus sucker punch is known as sneak attack in japan so.... [color=#ff0000]Ok[/color]
Flash Cannon - its not gonna be used... but really its needed cause steel type move [color=#ff0000]Well I highly doubt Slash will be used either[/color]
Tackle - its pre-evo forms move? [s]if we ever make that[/s] [color=#ff0000]Seems like a given[/color]
Drain Punch - Stealing life force from its foes anyone? [color=#ff0000]They should give Machamp Drain Punch :c[/color]
Perish Song - i would get into complete details why but that would take to long [color=#ff0000]How does a suit of armor sing[/color]
MEAN LOOK - Perish song into mean look... problem enemy pokemon? [color=#ff0000]Doesn't Block do the exact same thing[/color]
[/quote]

Responses in [color=#ff0000]Red[/color]

[quote name='Bullet' timestamp='1342230334' post='36417']
Responses in [color=#ff0000]Red[/color]
[/quote]

well to be Fair in [s]i think[/s] Ireland a Dullahan (a living suit of armor somewhat... with a real living head) is known for being like death, he comes over to someone and well kills them when they should die or somthing [s]been a while since i last searched this up.[/s] plus if someone looks at him during his job he would knock on yo door, throw blood on yo face and well, nice knowing ya. [s](i know it can't sing but you kinda get the gist.)[/s]

[quote name='Bullet' timestamp='1342309522' post='36474']
Wait what does that have to with my post(I'm assuming something since you quoted it)?
[/quote]

well for the idea of perish song seeing as you were mildly confused about why it would sing and that when... well yea

• 5 weeks later...
Hm. To be fair in looking at things, should this be restarted from the basic idea again, because it died...twice...

Only reason I ask is because ideas can get lost in translation a lot and the people near a year later might want something different.

• 4 months later...
SO thens, now that we hit the moves (somewhat, we can work on that a bit more in depth laters or thats) how abouts Base states and that to get this close to done, Sprites i somewhat already asked amethyst (if he declines i could just pay him to make one but yeas ;>>) other then that... yea though for stats i think it would be...

Base stats
HP: 95
Attack: 80
Defense: 125
Sp Attack: 60
Sp Defense: 110
Speed: 117

though if anyone else has suggestions, please say so >>

• 1 year later...

So just a warning, I'm new to the Create a pokemon project. I've read through everything though.

It's still the design of a suit of armor? How about have the spirit that's inside it either be a Banshee or a Poltergeist? Both ways, it could be more stall-oriented, with banshee giving it more of a "vocal" set of moves (Could explain perish song, etc), and Poltergeist could give it a chance for prankster ability. 

Regarding moves otherwise, I'm thinking basic type attacks like bullet punch (maybe a technician ability?) and hex. 
Honestly, design-wise, other than the basic "Suit of armor", just don't make it fly. Flying ghost types AND levitate is overused. I mean, they gave GOLURK fly. :I 
Anyways, Names... Haubergeist? ((Hauberk as in suit of armor)) Or... I don't know. That's the only one I can think up. 

• 3 months later...

SO thens, now that we hit the moves (somewhat, we can work on that a bit more in depth laters or thats) how abouts Base states and that to get this close to done, Sprites i somewhat already asked amethyst (if he declines i could just pay him to make one but yeas ;>>) other then that... yea though for stats i think it would be...

Base stats

HP: 95

Attack: 80

Defense: 125

Sp Attack: 60

Sp Defense: 110

Speed: 117

though if anyone else has suggestions, please say so >>

According to the concept, the defenses aren't supposed to be that high and 125/110 is pretty damn good, not to mention that the ability might end up as something like Levitate or Heatproof, boosting its defensive capabilities even more. Therefore, I'd suggest to lower the HP stat down to 60-65, due to what I said previously and also due to the fact that most ghost-types have a very low HP stat and I don't see how the rule shouldn't apply to this one.