Reborn Pokemon Project II (The actual work!~)

Mashew

57 members have voted

1. 1. Typing?

• Steel/Ghost
    • Dark/Ghost
    • Psychic/Dark
    • Ghost/Fighting
    • Ice/Electric

hm, well technically, the design is based off a lore of sorts, a Dullahan to be more persise, something from er..... irish folk lores or something like that, its basicly the headless horseman in a way, holding its head walking around and calling on the names of those to die and all. Now i get what your saying Batl, that applys to ALMOST all pokemon, if you look at the ghosts thou, you can barely see much resemblance to any kind of animal seeing as ghosts can take up any shape they want, examples... Gengar, Chadelure, and Cofagiragous, those three have no shape or design of any kind of animal, ghost types are mainly something that can take a shape of an object really, rarely an animal itself.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we now have a rough idea of it's appearance. Which is good. WE can work more on that later one for now we really should start working on abilities. Base stats and moves. Remember it is a speedy staller.<3~

Prankster is a meh in what i think, seeing as its all ghosty and that, i would say levitate and all but... seeing as what its gonna look like, it shouldn't fly if the regulars can't fly ;>> thou i would say Aftermath so it can have a chance to take down a friend when it dies, making your opponent think weather to try and go for the kill or not the second ability could be cursed body cause.... well... its a ghost thing really. and i don't know if we should get a dream world ability or nots

• Administrators
Well, my reasoning is that if we don't give it prankster, it's going to get trolled by all the other speedy stallers that already exist and do have it. Plus it saves us the difficulty of having to allocate its stats to speed.

Levitate
Mummy

DW: Contrary

Some kind of floating steel darkrai resembling thing with cannons as arms. Armed with Zap Cannon, Energy Ball, Flamethrower and those other moves that shoot. And it could have steel plating around it being like a kind of mystic lock that keeps in the ghosty parts in. Maybe like more then two eyes.

[quote name='Amethyst' timestamp='1327371163' post='23945']
Well, my reasoning is that if we don't give it prankster, it's going to get trolled by all the other speedy stallers that already exist and do have it. Plus it saves us the difficulty of having to allocate its stats to speed.
[/quote]

what was it stallers had to do again, poison you away and just stay there waiting for you to die? well if its steel, i don't think it will have to worry that much about it, maybe burn yes but nope, nothing else, plus its supposed to be fasts, did you forget what we said a long time before, it was a speed stall without the utilize of prankster... i forgot what part it was on (maybe the voting part) but yea. Also phaser.... i don't think you were here for the first RPP but we arn't going to remake a pokemon like that ;>> but i do like one of the abilitys.... mummy, that could be its dream world ability so it can troll out teams even more so.

• 5 months later...
Because there is no other time but now seeing as what i saw, THE RPP II SHALL CONTIUE, er hem, for all of you who don't know or to lazy to read the first, *cough* lazy *cough* the pokemon we are workin with is a Steel/Ghost type Speedy Staller that doesn't need the use of Prankster.... so yea.... were at the abilitys part but yea...

Alright, if we are going to bring this alive again I suggest looking at my first post and the checklist we have to fill out. If you can decide on what is next then do so and continue down the list.

Okay, so that means we're working with base stats.

Obviously, gonna need some high base speed, def, and spc def. I really don't like doing the number crunching so I'm not gonna suggest any specific numbers, but I'd say speed needs to be highes with Def and Spc Def being secondary. A design would be nice to help assign which of the two defenses may be offset, but we don't have that atm.

Other out of ordered thoughts-
this pokemon needs these moves:
Reflect/Light screen- obviously to up Tanky-ness
Iron Defense
Curse- stalling for curse to kill or force switch
Haze- ghostly vapor reseting stat boosts is totally legit.
Night Shade- Like blissey/chansey, has a good move to use that doesn't rely on its terrible atk stats but still has immunity to worry about
Rock Polish- the fast keep getting faster, as usual.
Magic Coat- fits steel/ghost perfectly as does v
Mirror Coat
Bide
Perish Song
Taunt
Recover- perhaps
Spikes
Doom Desire
Mirror Shot
Flash Cannon

• Administrators
If we want this to be a staller, we should probably have more reliable recovery than Resttalk. Unfortunately, the only move I can think of that makes sense would be Pain Split...

• Administrators
Well, that would be ideal for a staller, but what are our options? Recover, Slack Off... I don't feel like either of those really lend themselves to a suit of Living Armor terribly well.

Edit: Obviously it would have Softboiled.

Moonlight seems like a good thing for it, seeing as it is a giant hunk or armor and that...
other moves it might need... hm..
Substitute - for maximum stalling (maybe)
Destiny Bond - seeing as its a Last Ditch move if its gonna curse, and gives the opponent something to worry about when fighting it
Swords dance - thought it might be useless... it is a Giant suit of armor... that and we can give it Baton pass maybe
Grudge - same thing as Destiny bond, but removing a move from your opponent for set ups

• Administrators
Moonlight is possible, but, justifying Recover isn't too hard - it could just pull itself together after falling apart slightly due to damage