Usual Suspects

Blakfang402

Hey guys! I am kind of new to the site, but i have been playing Pokemon for a long time. I was wondering if you guys could critique the team I usually use. Thanks!

Typholsion

Ability: Blaze

HP: 316/ATK: 206/DEF: 239

Nature: Bold

Item: Charcoal

Moves:

1 Flamethrower

2 Bulldoze

3 Flameburst

4 Crush claw

Umbreon

Ability: Synchronize

HP: 345/ ATK: 186/ DEF: 279

Nature: Sassy

Item: Black Glasses

Moves:

1 Foul Play

2 Dark Pulse

3 Psychic

4 Return

Tyranitar/ (Occasionally I use Aggron or Metagross as well)

Ability Unnerve

HP: 360/ATK 359/ DEF: 284

Nature: Adamant

Item: Leftovers

1 Ancient

2 Surf

3 Thunderbolt

4 Ice beam

Dragonite/ Salamence

Ability: Inner Focus

HP: 339/ ATK: 358/ DEF: 250

Nature: Naugty

Item: Quick Claw

Moves:

1 Fly

2 Extreme Speed

3 Dragon Pulse

4 Thunderbolt

Torterra/Sceptile

Ability: Overgrow

HP: 349/ ATK: 278/ DEF: 308

Nature: Lax

Item: Big Root

Moves:

1 Energy Ball

2 Giga Drain

3 Earthquake

4 Strength

Kingdra

Ability: Sniper

HP: 311/ ATK: 252/ DEF:252

Nature: Rash

Item: Leftovers (Need a better item)

Moves:

1 Scald

2 Surf

3 Signal Beam

4 Ice beam

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for changes! Thanks guys!

Hey guys! I am kind of new to the site, but i have been playing Pokemon for a long time. I was wondering if you guys could critique the team I usually use. Thanks!

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for changes! Thanks guys!

Typhlosion needs Eruption, preferably instead of Flame Burst.

Umbreon is best used as a bulky set, having all those attacks on it seems unneccesary. Something like this: Wish/Toxic/Heal Bell/Fopul Play.

If you use Tyranitar, use Sand Stream, and physical sets are almost better in any way. You could go for a Dragon Dance Set with Crunch, Earthquake and Rock Slide/Stone Edge or an Assault Vest set with Crunch, Ice Punch, Rock Slide and/Stone Edge and Dragon Tail. At least don't use Adamant nature on a special attacker.

Dragonite seems fine, but always use Multiscale. Other than that, maybe add roost to heal?

Torterra doesn't need four attacks, especially if it's not an Assault Vest set, and Giga Drain and Energy Ball basically overlap. Maybe change the set to Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Earthquake/Rock Slide?

Give Kingdra a Scope Lens instead of Leftovers, and replace either Surf or Scald with something like Focus Energy or Agility, because having both is obsolete.

Your team looks solid (even though it's slightly weak to ice), but the individual sets need a lot of work. Good luck!

Edited by Nova

Welcome to... PIMP MY TEAM!!!

Well, for starters, you have quite some things to change. Put the EVs, not the final amount. It's easier for us to understand and help

I see you're using several lower tier threats, but that's cool as long as the team works. That's how we brought Starmie and Raikou back up to OU.

Your team is so weak to fairy and fighting moves, so we might have to change a member or two.

Regarding Typhlosion, a choice specs or scarf makes it fearsome. A set that works is a fully offensive one that makes use of Typhlosion's speed and raw power. Pretty much like this one. You'll tweak the moves or EVs based on your needs. Not OU material, but it can work.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Extrasensory
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Umbreon definitely needs a tank set, like the one Nova suggested. Don't make it offensive. It works best when it can survive more.
If you want to keep T-Tar, I'd suggest you switch Umbreon with physically bulky Vaporeon. This way you'll make a defensive core that can stop some threats.
Tyranitar can play lots of roles. Your team probably needs a specially defensive one, so what we can do is either give it an assault vest and a "dragon tail set" or give it DD and keep the special bulk (boosted by sand). You can always pass it wishes, but if it's not enough for you, run leftovers. Make sure it's physical.
Dragonite should be full physical with E-speed, Outrage, Earthquake/Superpower, and a move of your choice, usually dragon dance.
Then you can fit your mega hole with M-Sceptile. Decide whether you like it special or physical. It can work both, as its raw power fends off many things and gives you opportunities to setup, given you go for physical.
The last mon should probably get changed to something like Rotom-W or Rotom-H. When Volcanion gets released, it will be the perfect fit, but until then you'll have to do with what you have. If you decide to take Vaporeon, then you no longer need another water type, and I suggest trying something like Scizor. It can go defensive or offensive, based on how you want to play. Scizor learns Defog to remove hazards that Typhlosion and D-nite don't like, resists Fairy and Dragon, has a single solid weakness to fire which is stopped by almost any other pokemon in your team, and can work as a slower pivot for you to go to M-Sableye, Typhlosion, or even trap something in with T-Tar's Pursuit.

To add on to the others, here are some obvious problems:

Basically, don't have a Pokemon with attacking moves that are the same Type. Like Vaporeon with both Scald and Surf.

Umbreon is usually a wall set, not an offensive set...

Inner Focus is not that great. Nor is Unnerve. Also, Flash Fire > Blaze.

Kingdra NEEDS Focus Energy + Scope Lens.

Big Root, Charcoal, and Blackglasses aren't that great, and you probably want a Mega. Maybe Life Orb or Choice Items?

I'd recommend not using Mixed Attackers...

Flame Burst, Crush Claw, and Strength are no-nos.

Special Moves use Special Attack, so can we have those? In EVs?

The natures of your Pokemon aren't the best...

This seems like it can work, with multiple tweaks.