Favorite pokemon game with good graphics? (FAN MADE OR ROM HACK)

jamesw0102

I was just looking for some good pokemon games that have really good graphics because I hate rom hacks and fan made games that have really bad graphics. It just gets boring to play the game where they have the same plain old graphics.

Thanks guys!

After playing Pokemon Reborn I can't be satisfied with anything else so I don't know :/

THIS so much. Out of boredom, I tried several ROM hacks - but none has met my expectations (because Reborn has ruined me and my quality expectations :(...)

It depends on what you are looking for as a fangame.

With fakemons, i would definetely recommand Pokemon Uranium (RMXP), which maybe is the best fakemon game, and maybe even the sole. Quite refreshing. There also are the romhacks from Baro, Pokemon Quartz and its sequel but they are quite old now.

For a different region and story of the official games, but with no fakemons, the only good one i know is Glazed.

If you're looking for some challenge and roster improvements only (like the very same game as the original, but harder and with all the pokemons), there are Expert Emerald for the third gen and Complex Crystal for the second.

You should definetely give a try to the Twitch Red Anniversary romhack when it's out too.

For remakes that takes liberties, Liquid Crystal is a very very good one, especially if you liked the original GSC. And you have to play Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter (there also are demos for Green/Blue/Yellow chapters i think, but i didn't try them).

I heard many good things about LightPlatinum, but unfortunately have never been able to patch it or find the game already patched. Maybe if someone could send me a PM there... :P

For RomHacks, try Drayano60's work.

When I'm not playing Reborn, I'm probably playing one of his hacks.

In the FanGame territory, I recommend Pokemon Zeta/Omicron - It has alot of content, but the story is a little meh

You could also get your hands on the Pokemon Randomizer and randomize a Rom. That's a lot of fun too, specially when you do a Nuzlocke.

If you want a ROM hack with some weird fakemon, a cool but also extremely odd storyline that even breaks the 4th wall at times, then I guess you could try Snakewood. Although I kind of gave up not too far from the beginning, because everyone is insanely over-leveled...

• 4 months later...

The new modded rom (.exe) named Ethereal Gates is cool, but there's only 10% of the game available for now.

Reborn is Top1 best rom, Glazed is the second best rom. I don't really like others.

I agree Ethereal Gates has great graphics (if somewhat incomplete).

I disagree with referring to it or Reborn as a rom though.