future hopes for Reborn

Starman422

Reborn has already blown away all expectations I had ever had for a pokemon game, and this is even before its been completed! with so many unknows with its future, what are some of the things your hoping to see for reborns future updates? Personaly I would love to see a few cross overs with other gen pokemon trainers like Red, N, AZ.

This was brought up a loooooong time ago, back when I got my first rep even :P. Ri here http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8728

We can see what other people think, personally, I love all of reborn. Every character. Like I said before, it would be odd if we started seeing characters from the main series game popping up at this point of the game. BUT I do want to see Victoria come back, she was one of my favorites n_n

well we find Red mostly just chilling in caves for the most part lol he always shows up in the most out of place places.and a Reborn vanmped Red would be such a epic battle. but I wouldent be heartbroken if it wasent ever added lol this game has already met and pasted any and all pokemon games played Fan made or not

• Developers

I can only imagine how Ame would throw our poor Gen 1 protagonist into this... brainwashed by Elias? Wait a second.... isn't he already in the game? Like in the hunt for M3G4 T3RR4?

are you refering to something you may have seen in glitchcity? or just joking

The only character I would like to see from the main series is Bugsy. It was mentioned sometime ago... but I would like to see a scene where Shelly stands up to him for once and defeat him in a battle or something.

Maybe when the nightclub becomes available to us we can fight gym leaders again or certain trainers from other regions. I also remember hearing that Miror B. Could make a cameo in the nightclub. It's probably not final however, but it would be nice.

I'd also like to see Tentacool, please >>

No, having Shelly beat Bugsy wouldn't be cool. Remember this is a FAN game, and I think it would be spoiling the story by having OCs suddenly be better than their game counterparts.

No, having Shelly beat Bugsy wouldn't be cool. Remember this is a FAN game, and I think it would be spoiling the story by having OCs suddenly be better than their game counterparts.

True... but I would like to see his cameo appearance. It might be part of Shelly's character development - which so far seems to be excellent.

Hmm...I disagree. We wouldn't want to alter his existing character, and I think that ANY role might do that. Silent protagonists, sure. But not anybody that has lines. Maybe Professor Oak, as he always acts the same, but nobody else.

Hmm...I disagree. We wouldn't want to alter his existing character, and I think that ANY role might do that. Silent protagonists, sure. But not anybody that has lines. Maybe Professor Oak, as he always acts the same, but nobody else.

Well technically, his character has been already altered in a way. I mean, who would imagine Bugsy to be someone that treats his sister like she's invisible? (Not that his character was fully developed in the main series games in the first place...)

I'm not too crazy about having main series characters in Reborn as anything more than cameos like in Terra Land with the TPP reference (which was hilarious).

Part of the reason Zeta/Omicron are atrocious (imo) fan games is the really cheesy addition and implementation of some main series characters.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing characters from the main games make an appearance, (I'd still rather have them not appear) but the only cameo I actually want to see would be Mirror B, most likely in the nightclub.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

I'm not too crazy about having main series characters in Reborn as anything more than cameos like in Terra Land with the TPP reference (which was hilarious).

Part of the reason Zeta/Omicron are atrocious (imo) fan games is the really cheesy addition and implementation of some main series characters.

Yeah that was something that I disliked too, maybe when I was younger (since I really liked Cyrus and N) I would have enjoyed it, but now it's just like nope.

On one hand I wish Pokemon following would be added (imagine all the cute dialogue they could have in all the different locations! ;o; ), but on the other, I fear it would make the lag unbearable. xD Maybe it should be optional, so that you could return your friend to its Pokeball in places like Chrysolia Forest.

Seeing Miror B. would be a bit weird seeing as the shiny Lotad line is based off off him... like imagine going somewhere to see a Pokemon randomly mutated to look uncannily like you. :blink:

On one hand I wish Pokemon following would be added (imagine all the cute dialogue they could have in all the different locations! ;o; ), but on the other, I fear it would make the lag unbearable. xD Maybe it should be optional, so that you could return your friend to its Pokeball in places like Chrysolia Forest.

Seeing Miror B. would be a bit weird seeing as the shiny Lotad line is based off off him... like imagine going somewhere to see a Pokemon randomly mutated to look uncannily like you. :blink:

Having Pokemon follow you would be awesome, but that'd come with the issue of making overworld sprites for all of the gen 5 and 6 Pokemon, so if it were ever added I'd imagine it would take a lot of effort to implement. I don't think it would cause lag though.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Having Pokemon follow you would be awesome, but that'd come with the issue of making overworld sprites for all of the gen 5 and 6 Pokemon, so if it were ever added I'd imagine it would take a lot of effort to implement. I don't think it would cause lag though.

Well if you want it to happen, this would need to be accomplished first.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5965

Alright so I came across a thread on Relic Castle specifically about having main series Pokemon characters in fan games, and I think my post there is both better articulated and can apply to this thread as well regarding why I'm opposed to that idea, especially for Reborn.

"I'm a bit of a purist on this one, I really don't like GF characters being used in fan games simply because it has never been done well enough or with a good enough reason to justify it, and it really just implies a lack of creative capacity that you have to fill in your fan game with existing characters rather than your own. The whole point of playing a fan game is to experience someone other than Game Freak's perspective of what a world with Pokemon could look and feel like and what kind of people and characters would exist in that world and how they would behave. Including existing characters compromises that experience to an extent. It mostly just comes out as jarring and cheesy, more or less depending on which characters you use and what your world is like overall.

This applies especially for main series Game Freak Pokemon characters since they are all too often just walking cardboard archetypes that depend heavily on interacting with their environment rather than other characters to add substance from a story-telling perspective. So the only way for their inclusion to not feel jarring in any way is to make the exact kind of setting that Game Freak would make to fit Game Freak's characters, in which case, why are we playing your game instead of Game Freak's? At that point it is not a fan game, but interactive fan fiction.

I'm certain people will disagree with me on this point and of course that's fine but it's something I feel rather strongly about when it comes to Pokemon fan games because this factor has anchored down several fan games out there from being otherwise decent, at least from my perspective."

Edited by LordWallace