Mysterious Girl in the intro

Enkhidu

So nearly everybody here knows that in the intro of Episode 13 you had a chance to see a different character each time that you opened your game, but sometimes the "character" that shows is a simple dark silhouette:

post-52821-0-32832400-1426628833_thumb.png

There were a lot of theories trying to guess who this character was, but there wasn't one that could convince enough. Saying that this silhouette is from the girl/pokemon/thing that Adrienn saw when xe was trapped, which is a likely option, but who the hell is this shadow?

Maybe you know that Amethyst started a story called "Dangan Reborn" and there you could see some new sprites of characters that you never saw before, finally it's explained that the "new" characters are Lumi, Eve and... Lin, but a Lin that's still a kid. If you compare little Lin and the shadow silhouette's you can tell that both of them are nearly the same:

post-52821-0-70887700-1426629211_thumb.png

So could it be that the girl that Adrienn saw was in fact Lin? Could it be possible that she's now and adult because she went to that place? Could the voice we heard that time be Lin's? There are a lot of questions regarding this topic, but we still don't have enough evidence to prove anything yet. So what are your thoughts about this?

I actually thought Lin had dark green hair (almost black, but really dark green) That's actually an interesting theory. All too coincidental that the sprites are nearly identical in outline.

She has dark green hair, I don't know why she had a different color before, but I wouldn't be surprised that her hair changed over time or something.

So nearly everybody here knows that in the intro of Episode 13 you had a chance to see a different character each time that you opened your game, but sometimes the "character" that shows is a simple dark silhouette:

attachicon.gifLin2.png

There were a lot of theories trying to guess who this character was, but there wasn't one that could convince enough. Saying that this silhouette is from the girl/pokemon/thing that Adrienn saw when xe was trapped, which is a likely option, but who the hell is this shadow?

Maybe you know that Amethyst started a story called "Dangan Reborn" and there you could see some new sprites of characters that you never saw before, finally it's explained that the "new" characters are Lumi, Eve and... Lin, but a Lin that's still a kid. If you compare little Lin and the shadow silhouette's you can tell that both of them are nearly the same:

attachicon.gifLin1.png

So could it be that the girl that Adrienn saw was in fact Lin? Could it be possible that she's now and adult because she went to that place? Could the voice we heard that time be Lin's? There are a lot of questions regarding this topic, but we still don't have enough evidence to prove anything yet. So what are your thoughts about this?

I like your theory. It's pretty convincing too. So I guess the chances of it being a Legendary (like some assumed) is pretty low now.

Hair dying is a thing too.

Hmm... Maybe that's why Connal didn't recognize her. I mean, she appears to have a totally different hairstyle from the one she had as a kid. Don't know if it's a huge change though.

I got the impression that Connal did recognize her but didn't press the issue because he didn't have a death wish.

I support this as well, now we just need a proper explanation for there being two present Lins in the current timeline.

Also the kid sprite always creeped me out, Lin looks so weird as a child, could it be related to Sigmund's torture?

Could be why everyone was like: hey I know that name, and Connal looking confused.

Maybe just a few years ago Lin was that child, but due to indeed Citae Arc d'.. Citea d'Arc d... d'Citae Arc Ass I give up. THAT THING UNDER THE GATES with the time warp thingy Adrienne took a jump to the left where Lin did a pelvic thrust switching places trapping Adrienne in there giving Lin some years extra and now she's grown up and dyed her hair.

I had, like, the exact same theory when Episode 10 first came out. It seemed a little too crackpot for me to post at the time.

I have had this in my mind quite some time, well maybe not exactly in episode 10, but still some time ago. I really think that Lin will really be one of the most important things in this game even if she has been only shown once.

It's nice to read everyone's thoughts, I'm really looking forward to read more opinions about this topic (*-*)/

I have a bit of a theory as to the two Lins, but I really don't feel like sharing it. The only hint I'll give you is Shade's Gym.

Hm. The only thing i saw that about Lin was her body parts got off-ish. Maybe it gotta be more.

I have a bit of a theory as to the two Lins, but I really don't feel like sharing it. The only hint I'll give you is Shade's Gym.

Damn... To be sincere at first I thought that the scene of Shade's gym showing Lin getting killed was something from the past, maybe Dr. Connal killed her using his Electrivire and its shocks, but we see her in her adult form, so know I don't have anything that can support me to say that that scene already happened. And now with episode 15's teaser we most likely hear Shade saying that 2 of the deaths that the monitors showed are false and only 2 true, well... Corey and Kiki are most likely dead so that leave us Amaria and Lin, meanwhile I'm pretty sure that Amaria is going to survive but have a memory loss I still don't know how Lin could survive that...

Wait! So if There are two Lin's and they are both alive... Then that's the other false screen in Shade's Gym!! Lin can't truly die if there are two of her trapped in the same time period. The question is, how are there two Lins? Why are there two Lins? What happened to Lin? All will be revealed... soon

I'm starting to think there are actually not two Lins in the current timeline. Ame can abuse logic to a certain extent, as long as she gives proper explanations, and I really can't see any decent explanation for there being two of the same person in one timeline. El. Psy. Congroo.

But seriously though, could it be that the girl is not Lin, but someone who looks really similar to her, like perhaps a twin sister, simply a sibling or some type of genetically mutated clone? There are way too many things we need to pay attention to here:

- the fact that we know there's a Lin who replaced Solaris and is now leading Team Meteor as the story progresses.

- somehow, there's also a Lin in Citae d'Arcsdf, a place we know is very mysterious given what happened to Adrienn, El being connected to it, as well as Arceus and possibly the four pendants, considering that x door entrance under the huge stairway (where we saved Victoria) isn't too far away from this place.

- we've also seen a Lin in a flashback with Sigmund, where (I can't recall right now, would appreciate if someone confirmed) she was tortured/killed by him; also, when Sigmund met adult Lin for the first time, he didn't recognize her (which isn't too surprising, considering how much she changed) and she seemed to recognize him while pretending not to (was probably planning to torture him back or use him for her own advantage later) - this is highly likely considering she recalls Saphira even after all those years, someone who probably changed a lot more than Sigmund did, considering their ages.

Or all of this speculation could it be complete bullshit: the silhouette isn't even related to the girl from citae and ame just felt like putting that little shit in the opening to mess with us.

Young!Lin's hair looks rather greenish to me. Not exactly Adult!Lin's shade, but it's not exactly black. And if I'm not mistaken, hair tends to become lighter or darker over time, so our favorite Steelix-killer wouldn't need hair-dying shenanigans.

So, if two Lins really exist, how would this work in-story? Something like "Young!Lin escaped from the orphanage, hid in the Grand Stairs and fell into a crevice. She eventually ran into the Citae Arc d'Asdfgh and met the same baby Arceus that Terra mentions in the Glitch City, becoming obsessed with reviving it and being split into two Lins, one that grew up as the Lin we know today and one that stayed behind and didn't age.", maybe? If I'm not mistaken, someone mentions at one point that young!Lin was a sociopath even before she joined Team Meteor, so this wouldn't be out-of-character. It'd be a bit weird, though.

If this turns out to be canon, Young!Lin should be named Linkastel.

Young!Lin's hair looks rather greenish to me. Not exactly Adult!Lin's shade, but it's not exactly black. And if I'm not mistaken, hair tends to become lighter or darker over time, so our favorite Steelix-killer wouldn't need hair-dying shenanigans.

So, if two Lins really exist, how would this work in-story? Something like "Young!Lin escaped from the orphanage, hid in the Grand Stairs and fell into a crevice. She eventually ran into the Citae Arc d'Asdfgh and met the same baby Arceus that Terra mentions in the Glitch City, becoming obsessed with reviving it and being split into two Lins, one that grew up as the Lin we know today and one that stayed behind and didn't age.", maybe? If I'm not mistaken, someone mentions at one point that young!Lin was a sociopath even before she joined Team Meteor, so this wouldn't be out-of-character. It'd be a bit weird, though.

If this turns out to be canon, Young!Lin should be named Linkastel.

Why the ! after every Young...

But yeah I would love to know how two Lins can exist in the first place. If the one from the orphanage ended up in Citae d'Arc... yeah that place, how did the 'adult' Lin end up outside of that place?

Also... Lin looks a lot older than Laura or even Saphira. If they did stay at the same orphanage, they should be of similar age right?

Why the ! after every Young...

But yeah I would love to know how two Lins can exist in the first place. If the one from the orphanage ended up in Citae d'Arc... yeah that place, how did the 'adult' Lin end up outside of that place?

Also... Lin looks a lot older than Laura or even Saphira. If they did stay at the same orphanage, they should be of similar age right?

TvTropes jargon, sir.

Well, I don't really know how to explain Lin 1 getting out from that place whose name I can't spell. Arceus did it, perhaps? I mean, we already have some characters violating common sense, she wouldn't be the first.

Laura is 18, so Lin would probably be on her early-to-mid 20s. She wouldn't be the first villain that's younger than they look (coughCyruscough), but she has an enormous list of achievements, including dethroning Solaris. Maybe she's had some help from above?

- the fact that we know there's a Lin who replaced Solaris and is now leading Team Meteor as the story progresses.

Yes we do.

- somehow, there's also a Lin in Citae d'Arcsdf

There doesn't have to be, that's just a theory at the moment.

- we've also seen a Lin in a flashback with Sigmund, where (I can't recall right now, would appreciate if someone confirmed) she was tortured/killed by him; also, when Sigmund met adult Lin for the first time, he didn't recognize her (which isn't too surprising, considering how much she changed) and she seemed to recognize him while pretending not to (was probably planning to torture him back or use him for her own advantage later one) - this is highly likely considering she recalls Saphira even after all those years, someone who probably changed a lot more than Sigmund did, considering their ages.

Lin was an orphan in Connel's orphanage. All I can remember is that she was a right nasty piece of work and got kicked out/escaped. No one liked her and she hated everyone. However it's important to note that for Lin to be present at the age she seems to be at in the current timeline there has to have been some time manipulation involved as she was younger than Laura in the orphanage. Either that or they're different people.

Maybe there's two Lin's, maybe there isn't.

Yes we do.

There doesn't have to be, that's just a theory at the moment.

Lin was an orphan in Connel's orphanage. All I can remember is that she was a right nasty piece of work and got kicked out/escaped. No one liked her and she hated everyone. However it's important to note that for Lin to be present at the age she seems to be at in the current timeline there has to have been some time manipulation involved as she was younger than Laura in the orphanage. Either that or they're different people.

Maybe there's two Lin's, maybe there isn't.

If I recall correctly, Laura said that the Lin in the orphanage was even younger than Anna, so if they are the same person then it's obvious that something made her age.