Who's your favourite starter for Reborn?

Helia

Who is your favourite starter for Reborn?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Reborn starter?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
    • Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Snivy
    • Tepig
    • Oshawott
    • Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie

I started with Greninja and damn it wasn't fun.. Protean is awesome if you have the moves.. Grenny doesn't... Not untill TMs are available..

Torchic is good.. Need to try a Turtwig.. Though my vote goes to Totodile.. I wub dat..

I chose Froakie for my most recent playthrough. Honestly Froakie isn't fun. The moves, even without the ability, just aren't there. I've replaced it until better moves become available.

I chose Froakie for my most recent playthrough. Honestly Froakie isn't fun. The moves, even without the ability, just aren't there. I've replaced it until better moves become available.

Yeah, even with Protean, Greninja's movepool is very lacking until it has access to a lot of TMs. It may be Uber tier in competitive Pokemon, but in Reborn I'd rank it as a mediocre water starter.

Cyndaquil is GOD in this game. Flash Fire :3 Honestly, I hate Chikorita and its evolutions.... Though I plan a Contrary Snivy run and a Fennekin run too. Is Torterra good in Reborn? I love it.

I'm using a Torterra myself, and I can honestly say that I love it. Especially gaining EQ at level 36... it really helps a lot and if you use enough Curses, it can eat up a good chunk of physical attack.

I'll try typhlosion next time although I always found him massively overrated in the original Johto games. But the field effects + fire just being really powerful this game in general makes him seem like a solid choice.

iron fist is kind of disappointing ability I think because Infernape is already fast and mach punch still isn't KOing anybody. Infernape is quite good enough anyway but flash fire is no doubt a better ability.

No love for Chespin? And idk, protean has been useful ever since froakie learned lick lol. Lick usually I get rid of ASAP but insta ghost proved pretty useful for several battles.

I'll try typhlosion next time although I always found him massively overrated in the original Johto games. But the field effects + fire just being really powerful this game in general makes him seem like a solid choice.

Some of the things that really make Typhlosion good in this game is that it learns multi target hitting fire type moves which destroy a number of fields and replaces them with the burning field, which completely trivializes bosses like Noel (Cal and Charlotte too if it has Flash Fire, but with the move re-learner being made later it can't do this for Shelly anymore), and the fact that there are quite a few boss fights which are double battles rather than single battles, which allows it to often OHKO or severely weaken two Pokemon on the enemy team with Eruption.

In the context of Reborn, I'd honestly rank it within the top 5 starter Pokemon.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

I've always preached that Typhlosion was excellent. I was able to sweep beta Charlotte with it, and later on Blake. Eruption is such a viable move when it comes to field effects and double battles. Not to mention that Flash Fire only gives it an extra boost to Eruption's incredible power.

I haven't played any other starter in Reborn, but I really really like my Mudkip. Though it gets stuck for a while in the early game with a special movepool that isn't its forte (thanks, gen4), I think it is the least replacable starter in the game. There aren't a lot good water or ground pokemon early in the game, while there are enough grass or fire pokemon (say, Roselia and Growlithe) available early on that can be about as good as starters of those types.

I also kinda like having that double weakness to Grasshole and the need to navigate around it every time.

Only thing that bugs me is that it becomes available pretty early in comparison to other starters.