So this is going to be my team for Monotype challenge all fly types

Hawlucha

drifblim

charizard

Gliscor

honchkrow

yangmega

BACKUPS:

Noivern the reason why I did not put him in my beginning squad is that because he is weak in the beginning. So once I get my pokemon to level 50 I will get him to lvl 50 so he can evolve to noivern.

Archeops the reason why is because he's rock and flying type I don't have much use for rock types.

Staraptor he is a flying and normal type.

and maybe hoppip

If you have any suggestines please let me know. Also if there is a pokemon that you can't get in this game please let me know I might of mistaken that you could get this pokemon in the game

Thanks

Hey guys thanks for all these suggestine as you see I fixed my team up there so thanks guy I am starting monotype challenge today so thank you guys.

Edited by jamesw0102

Starter?

Charizard?

true I never thought to look at starters

Also I am thinking of replacing Emolga with Charizard because emolga over all isn't that good because of health

Edited by jamesw0102

Yeah, Emolga is not something to take into late game. DD Charizard is pretty good. Also, if you're not running Tailwind on Braviary, Staraptor is superior in every way. There's also no need to run Mantine, it sucks. You can go for Honchkrow, Nasty Plot Crobat, Toxic Orb Guts Swellow or maybe Yanmega.

Archeops, staraptor, honchkrow, charizard, crobat, yanmega, just show your team to the gym leaders so they will give tou a free badge, lol. Flying is definitely one of the easiest monoruns, and when we are able to get the razor fang for gliscor, it will be the easiest.

Yeah, Emolga is not something to take into late game. DD Charizard is pretty good. Also, if you're not running Tailwind on Braviary, Staraptor is superior in every way. There's also no need to run Mantine, it sucks. You can go for Honchkrow, Nasty Plot Crobat, Toxic Orb Guts Swellow or maybe Yanmega.

Archeops, staraptor, honchkrow, charizard, crobat, yanmega, just show your team to the gym leaders so they will give tou a free badge, lol. Flying is definitely one of the easiest monoruns, and when we are able to get the razor fang for gliscor, it will be the easiest.

Not sure if its available, but Drifblim is one of my favourites. Great HP, reasonable speed and impressive Special Attack.

hoppip is a great utility mon if you ever need one as it has access to stun spore, leech seed and sleep powder

Thanks guys for leaving these suggestines for my team

Tropius is also not a bad option, if you find yourself needing something to take care of Rock types.

I think hawlucha should take care of rock types just fine.

Also, this is something I like to do in mono-type runs, have 4-5 pokemon that are your chosen type, and 1-2 pokemon that can be any type, since imo, mono-type is sometimes difficult to do fully in a pokemon game, since things like HMs exist and what not. (This also seems to be the case with Fern and Cain in this game, who are mono-type trainers, but have 1-2 pokemon of different types to help overcome large weaknesses and whatnot.)

Another thing, ones you are able to get him, archeops is a monster of a pokemon, as long as you keep him above 1/2 hp, acrobatics + 3 other coverage moves can basically destroy most things that don't resist, and since he learns U-turn naturally, youc an always get him out of te fight if you dont think he can take the guy out without droping below 1/2 hp or dying.

Edited by deadpool848

Actually, the flying type is paired with every other type in the game, a unique feat(until Volcanion was confirmed and Water got it too)

So I do believe HM's aren't much trouble, Charizard, Ledian, Archeops, Togekiss, Tropius and Altaria can learn Rock Smash, Almost the same ones can also learn Strength. Swanna can learn Surf, plus you could go back to an older episode to get Magikarp since Gyarados IS officially Water and Flying type.