FanArt Contest 1

Neo

[color="#9932CC"][IMG]http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/cheese8966/Rebornart.png[/IMG]

Here's how it works:
1. I come up with the criteria for contest entries

2. Reborn users submit their entries here until the week is over have been submitted. You may edit your submissions untill then.

3. I (and Ame) judge the entries based on creativity and construction (seamlessness)

4. The first winners get their names recorded in the Hall of Fame here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1298

5. Then I come up with new contest criteria and the process repeats itself

[b]CONTEST 1:POKEMON FUSIONS[/b]

fuse two Pokemon like this[/color]
[IMG]http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/cheese8966/Jiggltoise.png[/IMG] ~Jiggletoise figure it out

[Ninja Edit by Ame]
Prizes: $R500 to the winner of each round, and $R300 randomly awarded to one entrant regardless of placing.
Any media of art is acceptable.

The first round will end as of July 3rd.

• Administrators
Let's say $R500 to each winner, $R300 to a random entrant. Also, since spriting takes a longer period of time, maybe make this a bi-weekly contest?
Additionally, in your fusions, it should be clear without specification which Pokemon are being fused.

Haha and mine appears!

...YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM-TAH!!!

Header: Simplicity...all that matters.

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/b7l6v5_th.png[/img]

...Torterra + Vileplume + Alakazam's Color Pallette

• Developers
[img]http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/Inuki_Uraki/Dontfuckwithitpng.png[/img]

Just having a bit of Fun my first time, and sorta breaking the rules cause I have the three obvious combinations of SkarmBlissTar, and then I added Heatran's eyes to piss it off, and finished it off with Purugly's frown.

'Twas fun to make xD

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"]Well the judging is now. Thanks Shotoman. I pick Cloud. Great work your torterra just look so natural. Ame now you need to post your results.[/color]

• Administrators
Cloud- Alakazam-colored Torterra + Vileplume:
Creativity- 7/10- Well, I'm not really sure why Alakazam's colors were chosen; that seems like a very random decision to me. However, replacing the plant on Torterra's back to make a new kind of Torterra DOES make sense. I suppose it is best to have a unifying color pallette so it doesn't look quite so obvious, but in the end I just question why yellow from Alakazam, of all things. I would say one or two of the natural colors of Torterra or Vileplume would have been better. Perhaps, keeping the red of the plume, and then turning the green parts of Torterra Red. Then you would have had some synergy between similar colors of red and brown as well.
Construction- 3/5- This is where we get a bit iffy. The sprite itself is pretty low quality, and although the sprite fits together pretty well in the middle, the edges are rough and unkept. At parts, your black outline turns to a light grey, and there are miscellaneous pixels around the border of the sprite even besides that. These sorts of errors really take away from the overall effect of the sprite.
TOTAL: 10/15

Dragonz- Turtle fusions:
Creativity- 5/10- Well, it's kind of a noble idea. Actually, I'm surprised at how well Torterra and Blastoises pieces fit onto Torkoal and Carracosta this way. In that regard, well done. However, that said it's a pretty simply deal, especially given that neither turtle has any other features of the other. It almost looks random, especially in Torkoalterra's case, where the colors don't sync up at all
Construction- 2/5- Torkoalterra looks good on the whole, however Carracosta with Blastoise's Hydro Cannons needs some work. Those cannons are pixely and distorted, and don't even seem to fit into the shell all that smoothly. With a bit more careful work, that could have been fixed. However even beyond that, although those sprites look good against the dark background of the forum, viewing them separately is something terrible. You've accidentally overwritten all of the image outlines in both sprites into the transparent color, which looks rather... well, awful against a white background. It's tedious to undo that sort of thing, so your best bet is just to be more careful in the future
TOTAL: 7/15

DrMudkip- Mewtwo + Genesect + ...Raichu?
Creativity- 4/10- Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, points for combining Mewtwo and Genesect, the two legendaries that are man-made. They definitely have some real connectivity in that regard. However, then Raichu's tail comes in out of nowhere and spoils how good that could have been...
Construction- 1/5- Don't even know where to begin here... Firstly, transparent background please. Secondly, NEVER. EVER. EVER. Save a sprite as a jpg; it just destroys it. Thirdly, all though it's for the most part well combined, I'm not sure what happened to this thing's left leg. It's like its tail... becomes the leg? And then... Raichu tail outta nowhere. wat.
TOTAL: 5/15

Tenshi- Laprobopass
Creativity- 6/10- I... don't... get it. It's just such a random combination. XD Or maybe that's the point? But I concede, the parts of latios that are added fit -right- onto Probopass, and in the end, its form is definitely improved, aesthetically..
Construction- 4/5- Over all not bad... It only gets a bit sketchy at the tips of the wings, the form becomes distorted. I have little other criticism besides.
TOTAL: 10/15

Inuki- Skarmbliss...tar...tran...rugly.
Creativity- wat/10- Skarmbliss fusion. Brilliant. What I want to know is how Tyranitar got mixed in there? ...And then Heatran... And then Purugly. No, I can actually forgive those two because the face it has is kinda totally perfect. But, T-tar is the wrench in all these plans, I think. It just kinda makes me go... You know. Wat.
Construction- 4/5- As it stands, Skarmory and Blissey alone are probably among the hardest forms to combine, so cutting you some slack here... No, really, that's in the creativity category. The shading and outline on the bottom half is my only complaint- it becomes somewhat contrived with poor shading.
TOTAL: wat+4/15

Shotoman- Seoxsagor
Creativity- 7/10- This one I had to think about... Misdreavus' pearls match Deoxys' core, and then the alternate core color is replicated over parts of Scizor, whose color scheme takes over. Perhaps the only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the head. You use Misdeavus's head and all though it blends nicely into the rest of the body in this case, it's difficult to kind of... conceptualise. Misdreavus's head is very soft and curvacious, in stark contrast to the perceived steel of Scizors body. It's difficult to see that sort of material taking on such a soft form for a head.
Construction- 4/5- I can have very few nitpicks about the construction of the image. Someone ordered seamless, and they got it. My only question is what happened to the feet? The legs kinda just disappear into the shadow, and that's it. It also doesn't appear as if they're sinking into said shadow or anything, so I simply wonder.
TOTAL: 11/15

Will- Tri-dreigon
Creativity- 8/10- Great concept. Unifying the titans of weather together. I do wonder if there's a reason beyond the convenience of its form for which Hydreigon was chosen to contain these three, but on the whole, its simple, unique, and original.
Construction- 4/5- As someone commented about the picture previously, it can be somewhat difficult to see the titans at first. Looking closely, it's no problem, though even I myself didn't notice the details in the arms or lower body until glancing back at it again just now. It's difficult to make those things more apaprent given the media and such, but that would be the biggest improvement. Color would probably help a lot.
TOTAL: 12/15

And so, my winner is Will, with Shotoman the runner-up.
As for the the random drawing... Inuki has it~

Distributing prize money now. Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter~

To clarify on what I did.

The Head is a compilation of Scizor and Misdrevous, as are the prayer beads.

The Chest is from the normal Deoxys.

The Lower body belongs to Deoxys-D (and the fact that one leg is shorter is because its further away)

The claws... well, you know who the claws belong to, and the Pallet is solely Deoxy, except for the eyes.

I'm proud and disappointed at the outcome, I probably could have combined them together better. I'll come back harder next comp, so look out!