Team to beat Cain

aregularyoutuber

joke about being claimed by Cain

Yea i can't beat Cain to same my life and pretty much everything on his team either counters me or i can't touch this is Cain and the psychic gym leaders gym

edit: for some reason the help with part of the tittle was removed

My current team:

257-2.gif(don't worry hes waving)

Blazekin(pebble)

Level: 59

Impish nature

Speed boost

Item: expert belt

Moves:

Bulk up

Brave bird

Blaze kick

High jump kick

Purely to set up and sweep which is why he's so high leveled compared to everyone else

462.gif

Magneton(PK Sparkz)

Level: 58

Gentle nature

Sturdy

Moves:

Magnet rise

Flash cannon

Metal sound

Discharge

Move set got me to keep him and i needed someone for aya he did so well i kept him and evolved him

553.gif

Krookodile(krikey the k is intended)

Level: 52

Hardy nature

Moxie

Moves:

Dig

Foul play

Crunch

Scary face

The baby of the team and currently in training mostly for the next gym

315-f.gif

Roselia(bright)

Level: 51

Lax nature

Natural cure

Moves:

Giga drain

Petal dance

Flash/shadow ball

Toxic

Nerd rage in the box till i get that shiny stone I love and hate this thing with a burning passion useless the whole game and the future looks no better but i will not give up instill its sweeping entire gyms as a amazing beautiful roserade placed her do to it being on the team later

Party pokemon(not treated like bright):

Muk(slime) level 51 sticky hold relaxed nature

Scraggy(miss hoodlum) Level 29 Moxie impish nature

Nidoking(king nido) Level 21 Sheer force jolly nature

Emolga(erratic) level 41 motor drive serious nature

Items:

5 heart scales

2 ability scales

1 Moon stone

1 Water stone

6 oval stone

Data chip

Ever stone

2 leaf stone

2 fire stones

1 thunderstone

3 sun stone

1 dusk stone

Edited by aregularyoutuber

...what's Cain's team again? I remember he has a Galvantula, but that's all I've got.

Also, if this is just to beat one battle, the pinned Gym Leader Help thread is the better place to go than this.

If Krookodile wouldn't do his job good enough, grab a bunnelby at beryl or a trapinch at the game corner.
You might want to get a psychic type, like Reuniclus or Metagross (you're far enough to get them, you should already have a Solosis). Really, Metagross will be quite handy for some battles or fields in the future, especially with Bullet Punch.
Gardevoir is also decent, but takes serious damage from pretty much all of Cain's team. You can also get Claydol or Hypno, but I've never tried those.

His last one will be Samurott.

I suggest picking up Joltik in North Aventurine Woods, and train it in the Labyrinth for it's special attack EV's. It's a great fast Special attacker with the potential to be a physical attacker too. It will help you in the next two gyms quite well, and some of the gyms to come too.

Roserade isn't very good in this game, due to not learning any poison type moves on it's own and no access to Sludge Bomb TM.

(that isn't a Magneton, it's a Magnezone by the way)

I could tell you to backtrack the entire game and pick up some other Pokemon, as I personally have very little experience with your team as a team. I've used them individually in different teams but that was in prior generations, so I can't help you out much when it comes to movesets and stuff.

Does Cain still mysteriously have the swamp field for this battle, or was that fixed?

I believe it's still the swamp field, yes. But if your Pokemon outspeed his on default it really doesn't change much.

The field is actually to his disadvantage as moves such as Muddy Water, Surf, Mud Bomb, Mud Slap and Brine are doubled, some moves his team is quite weak to. Using Nature Power there also works quite well.

Edited by Helia