2 fire types

mackman22

I had Growlithe and Charizard on my team for a decent amount of time, but i had to eventually replace growlithe since i was reaching the levels where all the main battles had all evolved pokemon, and without being evolved growlithe wouldnt stand much of a chance. So nowhe is in the daycare while I go about the story, once he reaches 43 I will pull him out, evolve him, use a heartscale to teach him extreme speed, and probably put him back in the daycare until he is needed so he can stay relatively close to my current level.

No. They do the same thing. If you had Delphox and Darmanitan, it would be a completely different story.

is'nt delphox a special attacker being part psycic and pyroar a physical attacker being part fighting? if im correct, they are and they do two completely different things, i have a flygon a physical attacker and a noivyrn a special attacker they are ok together because they both cover a different type of defence

Edited by sandy

is'nt delphox a special attacker being part psycic and pyroar a physical attacker being part fighting? if im correct, they are and they do two completely different things, i have a flygon a physical attacker and a noivyrn a special attacker they are ok together because they both cover a different type of defence

Pyroar is fire/normal, and his base Sp. Attack is much higher than his base attack, his movepool is also not exactly the greatest, since most of his damage will come from stab flamethrower or hyper voice. He can still be used as physical since his movepool does have take down, fire fang, and crunch, but later on his physical power will be lacking a bit. Overall I would say delphox is better if you had to pick 1, since i like psychic more than hyper voice, plus you get the added benefit of having will-o-wisp, but you can probably get by using them both in the early game of reborn, but later on you might have to sub in or replace one of them to get better type coverage.

Edited by deadpool848

Since fire is mostly quite fragile and we're past Ice, Grass and Bug, having more than one on your team isn't that necessary. Personally I've done multiple normal Pokemon games without a fire type at all. Having a flying and a fighting type on the team covers more ground that fire.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Since fire is mostly quite fragile and we're past Ice, Grass and Bug, having more than one on your team isn't that necessary. Personally I've done multiple normal Pokemon games without a fire type at all. Having a flying and a fighting type on the team covers more ground that fire.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Keep in mind he's still at Kiki, so he's not quite to the Ice leader yet. But your point still stands. :P