Pokémon Reborn Episode 14.5 - Discussion

Kurotsune

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

"Oops." Sorry, Mechanightmare...

My plan is basically to have it require two magntiudes/EQs. If that works out well then we might see some counter conditions in other fields, i.e you can light a grass field up with five single target fire attacks or something, or maybe two that miss.

(Note this won't be in 14.5)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Did Ame just double post?

How did the route2 issue happen? I didn't have the courage to travel it after all the problems in 14.5.

Relevant new content that the people who saw the previous post would likely be interested in noticing warranted a the double to bump.

This is why I wanted to do a .5 release. Anti-lag adjustments can be volatile. Route 2 is a perfect nightmare example of why: Before this update, it was two separate map files, and we merged them. But in order to do that, we had to copy and paste each individual jump spot from one map to another because they can't be moved en masse. Further, they have to be moved right into the same spot as they were before. THEN once everything's on the same map we had to expand that map, meaning we had to shift the events, one by one, back to where they were before the map was expanded. In fact we had to do that three different times. So, all of those events got shuffled around and copied and pasted and dragged and replaced over and over. Then considering that there were originally about ~450 events on that map, it's easy for one or two to slip through unnoticed, or get left in the wrong spot, or not get copied, or get put in the wrong spot, etc. Or in some cases the IDs of the events changed because they were copied/pasted in a different order, so other events that referenced them (whats up crustles) no longer find them, and potentially crash.

It's just.

Bad.

Oh, it didn't occur to me that it was that bad and hard. You've also done it for the wasteland, so I suppose it won't be a big deal in terms of finding the way to solve the problem, rather it will take long to find the problems (or I'm just wrong).

• Administrators

Not hard, just tedious and easy to miss stuff.

You're correct that solving the issues is not difficult in the least; catching all of them, however...

By the way, the wasteland was already a single map, and required the fewest adjustments of any. I basically just had to delete a lot of events from there (sad face) because over ~200 events on a single map tends to lag computers.