Graterras: A Wind Most Foul [IC/Reroll]

Raindrop Valkyrie

Ivar chuckled, shaking his head slightly. Then, he spoke to Oohagan.

"Who said I was going to stay behind? I'm planning on coming with you. I'll still be able to send back what I see, but I'll also be able to send back more than just what is seen. Sight isn't everything, after all. The sense of Smell can be quite useful, especially in dark areas, as I am sure our Koboldian friend can attest to. Plus, I can only maintain one link at a time. Making me one of the Recon Members will allow me to keep in contact with more than one of the people in the Recon Party while only needing one Link to relay the info back to the Main Group."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well Hopefully this has been solved. Now, I need the temple for tonight's service. I would ask you folks to get a move on, unless you want to stick around. I would highly prefer you get on with the task at hand." Father Ivo said. He paced up to the alter as he put out some of the candles around the alter, setting up for the service. He called out another servant, a low ranking Cleric ((even lower than Ivar for reference.)) "Malinda, if you would please clear the table and get it packed up. We ahve an important service tonight, I can;t have this place looking like a mead hall. Though, Lady Aelia might like that, she does enjoy treating her warriors well. No, no. I must not pretend I know the gods, especially not our Lady Aelia."

Oohagan looked at the clerics and after they were done speaking he addressed Ivar. "Alright then, if you wish to join us let's leave, and fast. Mentheim and Slairk are already outside." He walked towards the door, opened it with a little exertion and left. In his mind he thought about what all he could use while scouting, and how best to go about their business. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach about the supposed dead creature that had been sighted. Necromancy in any form is vile. Who is this mysterious person who is creating trouble in this little town. More importantly, why? I suppose I will find out soon enough. He reached outside the temple and spotted Mentheim waiting. He walked up to the dwarf and asked, "So where will we find this guide? I'd rather be done with this as soon as possible." Oohagan looked around, trying to spot Slairk. "Damn these old eyes of mine. Where is that man-rat Slairk? I thought he had come outside with you."

Mentheim turned to Oohagen "The old man said we'd meet someone at the edge of the village, smokey chimney and what not. Trust me I'd rather not be doing this any longer than I have to, but he who makes haste makes waste. For the love of Aelia, do NOT rush things or someone is likely to pay the price with their life. Should that happen, you'd better hope it's me or I'll take you down myself.... and Slairk, what's the deal with talking in third person all the time...? Jeez....."

Metheim starts walking down towards the edge of town. "C'mon you said you wanted to get this show on the road, you gonna walk the walk, or just talk the talk?"

"Right then, let's find the guide. Come along Slairk, we should get a move on. We may not want to rush things, but that doesn't mean we spend our time standing here and talking." Oohagan started walking in the same direction as Mentheim. He gripped at his robes, pulling them closer to keep warm. He could feel the cold settling in his old bones.

Oohagan could feel the cold in his bones and started rubbing his hands to keep warm. He moved to where Ivar was walking and started a conversation with him. "So tell me Ivar, how did you end up working for the cleric? You seem like a strong man, a warrior by birth. How is it that you are living like a simple priest? I'm sure there is enough work in this great world of ours for a man like you to earn a good living."He suddenly stopped in his tracks and asked, "Ivar, is that house at the end, the one with the chimney, where our guide stays?" Oohagan was pointing a bit to the right of their path at a chimney with smoke coming out of it.

Ivar walked along, answering Oohagan's first question.

"Oohagan, It's a long story, and I aim more towards becoming one of the Guards than one of the main Priests. It wasn't by choice that I became a Cleric, but more by Family Tradition."

Then, when Oohagan stopped, Ivar continued walking towards the building that had smoke coming out of the chimney.

"Yup, this is it."

Scout Team

Even without the question being asked, they would quickly gotten their answer. A gruff man with a bushy brown Beard stood outside. He was covered in trapper's furs and looked like a giant puffy Bear. He waved his arm towards the group signaling them over for a chat. It was clear he was the man they were sent to come see. Ivar knew him. As this was a small town he knew most of the locals. This man was know as Grizzly Tim. Tim was a rather simple man, not much for fancy things or niceties. His cabin, while it looked cozy and nice, was definitely simple and it felt like an inviting home. The light of the hearth from inside seemingly beckoned the group inside, as if it wanted to wrap the warm embrace of the fireside all around them. But, it wasn't a time for that.

Town Team

Ivo was now not attending to those in the Temple still he was busy preparing. Then a woman suddenly burst through the doors. "IVO!!! HAVE YOU GOTTEN OFF YOUR LAZY ASS YET!!!"

"Ah, yes Milady Snow. We are working on the preparations for the Ritual of your ancestor hush now Milady." Ivo said, a nervous look on his face.

"AND WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!?" The woman shouted again. Now she came into view... the yelling from before, she was still outside of the temple. She wore silvery armour and had snow white hair. The name seemed familiar, snow was the name of the person this Pilgrimage was about in the first place, or at least this leg of the journey. Named after a great heroine? WHo was this woman?

"Stop shouting milady. They are the ones I sent out to make sure it is safe for those that walk the path this Winter. They will be eliminating the threat. You knwo what!!! How about I send them with you!!! They need to gather information from the townsfolk and I am sure they would be more open if their Lady Snow as with them. Who could say no to the Ancestor of the great Snow Ashfield?"