debating room

Dr. Zexal

Can we try make like a sub section just for debating in a pure manner. Debating about what ever new comes into the room and like explaining the aspects of the topic at hand .

I been on this site for a while now and I enjoy all the posts and sutff and I get that we have to respect each others choices in playing style but it feels like everyone has their own idea and thats where it stops.

I know there are topics where people can rate your team but thats just about it. And there they annalyze the team as a whole and not the pokemon individually really. Their choices are affected by the other pokemon in the group so its not really rating then is it.

Id like to suggest a sub section (topic) where we can use a certain pokemon as an example and start annalyzing it with its pro's and cons as well as how it would do against others in battle .

We can also then use that topic room for other stuff like the reborn game , pokemon in general and then the sites events where we can give the members a chance to voice ideas they might have.

THAT ISNT REALLY DEBATING STILL , EVERYONE IS JUST POSTING THEIR OWN OPINION AND THEN JUST SAYING WHY THEY CHOSE THAT. MAYBE IN SOME OF THE HOTTER ONES THEY TELL PEOPLE WHY THEY ARE WRONG PUT IT REALLY DOESNT FEEL DEBATING AT ALL

HAHAHA SOWI THE CAPITAL LETTERS ISNT SHOUTING SOWI , IM AT WORK TYPING IN DATA SO I USE IT AS A BASIS AND ITS JUST EASIER TO SHIFT OVER .

BUT LIKE ON ONE NOTE , IN THE ONYX RESEARCH CENTER , BASICLY ALL THAT HAPPENS IS AME ASKS MEMBER TO SEND IN A MOVE SET AND THEN THERE ARE LIKE ONLY 2 REPLIES TO EACH POST AND I THINK ITS A REAL WASTE.

see thats why i put this up now to see if people actually would actually be interested in this

like as an example how good or powerful do you think kadabra really is ?

edit: Ill check it out Jericho

See I understand that the onyx research center has it already and i quite like that but I think it would be a lot easier and cooler if you could put them together because then the topic would keep flowing and changing and people wouldnt have to create new topics that dont last at all

If we merged each thread for the pokemon's sets, it would be incredibly cluttered and people would have no clue where to look for sets. Also when I said, "Make a thread," I was referring to actually creating a topic about debates, not trying to debate in the threads dedicating to sets for individual pokemon. Just make your own topic for general competitive pokemon debating and try it out.

I wouldn't say it's worthless. I got some ideas about Trevenant, to present an example. It's not productive enough, since people post sets about not so frequently used pokemon. We could make a new thread for every OU pokemon if that's a good start.

see I agree with Ame that its outdated but i do see potential in it , and I dont believe it will be confusing because someone will start a topic and as the topic goes people will change it and I didnt say merge them all as one necceserily .. more like instead of there being 20 of them put them toegther as like 5 or six

The other day I just put a small post about blastoise vs charizard vs venasuar and the topic was kept busy for quite a while , I think people do want to compete and challenge pokemon against each other like a free debate with unknown and random strategies and ideas .

and I like nichcrash's starting idea because cmon who doesnt want to talk about it , Id be willing to bet atleast 15 people would reply and protest if i said caterpie could win magmortar... and i do

Edited by Dr. Zexal