My line-up :)

Chilibunny

Does anybody have any recommendations for this team right here? I think it's pretty great and it disposed the Episode 14 baddies without much of a problem. You can always be better though! All are bred for good enough individual values.

Monstro (Clawitzer, female), holding Mystic Water

Timid, Mega Launcher

252 SpA 252 Spe

Surf

Dark Pulse (Dive right now for the story)

Aura Sphere

Dragon Pulse

Toulouse (Sylveon, male), holding Pixie Plate

Calm, Pixilate

252 HP, 252 SpD

Moonblast

Wish

Heal Bell

Trump Card

Beauty (Cinccino, female (duhh)), holding Scope Lens

Jolly, Skill Link

252 Att, 252 Spe

Tail Slap

Rock Blast

Bullet Seed

Knock Off

Beast (Tyrantrum, male (duhh)), holding Stone Plate

Jolly, Rock Head

252 Att, 252 Spe

Dragon Dance

Head Smash

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Abraxas (Shiny!!! Metagross), holding Metal Coat

Adamant, Clear Body

252 Att, 252 Spe

Agility

Meteor Smash

Zen Headbutt

Hammer Arm

And

Scatterbug, bred for good individual values. Has compoundeyes and is timid-natured. I'll train her soon enough. Suggest a nickname for her though! Disney-theme.

In the box I've got a few trained Pokémon for rotation. They are approx 5-10 levels lower (early-mid-late sixties):

Stitch (Sableye), holding Brightpowder

Calm, Prankster

252 HP, 252 SpD

Swagger

Recover

Foul Play

Knock Off

Leavanny (will be named Jiminy)

Adamant, Overcoat

252 Att, 252 Spe

Sticky Web

Swords Dance

X-Scissor

Baton Pass

Eelektross (will be named Jetsam)

Mild, Levitate

252 in SpA, remaining effort values in HP and speed

Acid Spray

Thunderbolt

Flamethrower

Crunch

+ Some others who are not fully trained: Greninja, Espeon, Gardevoir, Porygon2, Lunatone and Gothitelle.

Is the team in sync? Any help is appreciated! :) It has taken quite a while to breed and train these, but it's what I loved to do when I was a kid and played these on handhelds years years years ago.

...one of the best teams I seen, GG. Although, your team is lacking Fighting and Fire Type department. I honestly would change Sylveon but that's it; the moveset on each one of them is GG....

PS that reminds me, I need to do one of these again. I'm creating my dream team at the moment and I'm sort of having issues with the moves lol

Edited by Smok3iT

....huh. Well, this sure makes my job easy, having to "aid" a team like that. Anyways:

Clawitzer's Speed is really nothing to write home about. Instead of a Timid Nature and Max Speed EVs, a Modest Nature and Max HP EVs would be much better IMO.

Wish is unnecessary in-game, where we have healing items and all that. Same goes for Heal Bell, unless 2 Pokemon are status-ed at the same time, but how often does that happen? Both Light Screen and Yawn are better in my opinion (unless you've got some kinda no-item rule) (and especially if you're like me and just don't care about letting stuff die). If you go for Light Screen, you could most certainly switch some EVs to Special Attack.

I'm really liking your idea of a Scope Lens on a multi-hit-move-spammer, but how about a Wide Lens (found on wild Yanma)? Your two main moves have less-than-perfect accuracy, so if you don't want to take a gamble, you could hunt for one of those. The Scope Lens is superior, but it's an option worth considering IMO.

For Tyrantrum and Metagross, I'd actually recommend Wide Lens over their main items, though these guys can also use Zoom Lens since they'd mostly be going last anyways. Agility and Hammer Arm also don't mesh well, so you could go for Brick Break instead.

For Sableye, Punishment, after a single Swagger, actually hits harder than even Foul Play, caps out at 200 Base Power even.

I have to wonder how many hits Leavanny can take while trying to pass on those SDs to others (It's tough, I'd know *points at sig*), but if that's working out for you, it's all good. Though Leaf Blade may be superior to X-Scissor considering what's left.

First, Trump Card Sylveon, then Leavanny, and an Eelektross to boot?.......I like you.

Anyways, Speed EVs for Eelektross are sadly pointless, might as well go full-HP then. Might also consider a Hidden Power over Crunch, since Dark-typed attack really won't be of much use anymore.

...one of the best teams I seen, GG. Although, your team is lacking Fighting and Fire Type department. I honestly would change Sylveon but that's it; the moveset on each one of them is GG....

PS that reminds me, I need to do one of these again. I'm creating my dream team at the moment and I'm sort of having issues with the moves lol

Wow, was not expecting that! Thanks a bunch. Like the team seen in your sig too (dat color synergy!!). What would you replace Sylveon with? Emboar would cover both fire and fighting, but I don't like it that much. Feel free to suggest!

....huh. Well, this sure makes my job easy, having to "aid" a team like that. Anyways:

Clawitzer's Speed is really nothing to write home about. Instead of a Timid Nature and Max Speed EVs, a Modest Nature and Max HP EVs would be much better IMO.

Wish is unnecessary in-game, where we have healing items and all that. Same goes for Heal Bell, unless 2 Pokemon are status-ed at the same time, but how often does that happen? Both Light Screen and Yawn are better in my opinion (unless you've got some kinda no-item rule) (and especially if you're like me and just don't care about letting stuff die). If you go for Light Screen, you could most certainly switch some EVs to Special Attack.

I'm really liking your idea of a Scope Lens on a multi-hit-move-spammer, but how about a Wide Lens (found on wild Yanma)? Your two main moves have less-than-perfect accuracy, so if you don't want to take a gamble, you could hunt for one of those. The Scope Lens is superior, but it's an option worth considering IMO.

For Tyrantrum and Metagross, I'd actually recommend Wide Lens over their main items, though these guys can also use Zoom Lens since they'd mostly be going last anyways. Agility and Hammer Arm also don't mesh well, so you could go for Brick Break instead.

For Sableye, Punishment, after a single Swagger, actually hits harder than even Foul Play, caps out at 200 Base Power even.

I have to wonder how many hits Leavanny can take while trying to pass on those SDs to others (It's tough, I'd know *points at sig*), but if that's working out for you, it's all good. Though Leaf Blade may be superior to X-Scissor considering what's left.

First, Trump Card Sylveon, then Leavanny, and an Eelektross to boot?.......I like you.

Anyways, Speed EVs for Eelektross are sadly pointless, might as well go full-HP then. Might also consider a Hidden Power over Crunch, since Dark-typed attack really won't be of much use anymore.

You are right about Clawitzer. I should look into that. Would you have any water types you could suggest in it's place?

I don't like using items in-game and that's why I've incorporated Heal Bell and Wish in. I've thought about Light Screen in Heal Bell's place though, so I'll probably change it to that!

Wide Lens sounds nice. I absolutely love the critical spam Scope Lens offers though, so I'll stick to that, atleast for now...

...Wide Lens sounds so nice that I'll get one for Metagross and Tyrantrum. Zoom Lens feel sorta pointless because they've both got speed boosting moves.

Wow, did not know about Punishment's power. Will definitely be changing it. Is it physical? Careful-nature here I come...!

I too have contemplated on taking out Baton Pass for Leaf Blade. It just sounds too nice to have a passer for Cinccino who can't boost herself (it seriously kills anything after +2. I have sometimes just switched her out of battle because she was too strong.)

I actually made a mistake, it doesn't have any remaining effort values in speed, but attack instead just for Crunch. Yeah, speed is pointless on the electric slug.

Well, I like you and from your posts I actually learned of Trump Card on Sylveon and Leavanny. You have my deepest gratitude. :P

Dude, do you have a shiny Metagross with adamant nature??!! :o

I wanna too!

Hey, tell me about Tyrantrum.. Does he learn Ice Fang and Thunder Fang?

Yeah I do. :P He's awesome. Love the new colouring it has received in the new episode.

Tyrantrum learns all three elemental fangs from Arbok, I think? ^_^

Wow, was not expecting that! Thanks a bunch. Like the team seen in your sig too (dat color synergy!!). What would you replace Sylveon with? Emboar would cover both fire and fighting, but I don't like it that much. Feel free to suggest!

You are right about Clawitzer. I should look into that. Would you have any water types you could suggest in it's place?

I don't like using items in-game and that's why I've incorporated Heal Bell and Wish in. I've thought about Light Screen in Heal Bell's place though, so I'll probably change it to that!

Wide Lens sounds nice. I absolutely love the critical spam Scope Lens offers though, so I'll stick to that, atleast for now...

...Wide Lens sounds so nice that I'll get one for Metagross and Tyrantrum. Zoom Lens feel sorta pointless because they've both got speed boosting moves.

Wow, did not know about Punishment's power. Will definitely be changing it. Is it physical? Careful-nature here I come...!

I too have contemplated on taking out Baton Pass for Leaf Blade. It just sounds too nice to have a passer for Cinccino who can't boost herself (it seriously kills anything after +2. I have sometimes just switched her out of battle because she was too strong.)

I actually made a mistake, it doesn't have any remaining effort values in speed, but attack instead just for Crunch. Yeah, speed is pointless on the electric slug.

Well, I like you and from your posts I actually learned of Trump Card on Sylveon and Leavanny. You have my deepest gratitude. :P

You're quite welcome!

Clawitzer's just fine, especially with all the power it's packing. Sure, Speed IS an issue, but there's something I forgot to mention in my original post: Trick Room/Tailwind. With that, almost anything can outspeed almost everything. Should you still want to switch it, Scald/IceBeam/Agility/GrassKnot Empoleon is godly. It also benefits largely from TR/TW, so there's that too.

-Trick Room/Tailwind also largely benefits your team since nothing is all that fast right of the bat save for Cinccino.

-For TR setters, there's Porygon-Z, Exeggutor (no, really), Bronzong, Gallade, Dusclops/noire, Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Gourgeist (though I prefer my super-stall set for it), Chandelure and Malamar (no, really).

-For Tailwind, Honchkrow and Braviary take the crown.

Punishment is a pretty sweet move (yes, it's physical), though it's only real drawback is speed, so if you picked up the odd PP UP here or there...

I'd still say to ditch Crunch, for it's no-longer-necessary coverage and for it being your only physical attack, making you waste EVs for it.

Hey, tell me about Tyrantrum.. Does he learn Ice Fang and Thunder Fang?

Gets all 3 elemental fangs from Arbok/Exploud, though it takes a Heart Scale for each.

You're quite welcome!

Clawitzer's just fine, especially with all the power it's packing. Sure, Speed IS an issue, but there's something I forgot to mention in my original post: Trick Room/Tailwind. With that, almost anything can outspeed almost everything. Should you still want to switch it, Scald/IceBeam/Agility/GrassKnot Empoleon is godly. It also benefits largely from TR/TW, so there's that too.

-Trick Room/Tailwind also largely benefits your team since nothing is all that fast right of the bat save for Cinccino.

-For TR setters, there's Porygon-Z, Exeggutor (no, really), Bronzong, Gallade, Dusclops/noire, Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Gourgeist (though I prefer my super-stall set for it), Chandelure and Malamar (no, really).

-For Tailwind, Honchkrow and Braviary take the crown.

Punishment is a pretty sweet move (yes, it's physical), though it's only real drawback is speed, so if you picked up the odd PP UP here or there...

I'd still say to ditch Crunch, for it's no-longer-necessary coverage and for it being your only physical attack, making you waste EVs for it.

Oh, Tailwind! Isn't there a Tutor for it somewhere, Agate Circus if I remember correctly? I adore Vivillon, and it can learn it so that's two birds for one stone. I'll switch the speed values to HP on Clawitzer. What about Trevenant for Trick Room setting? It's shiny is awesome and as I've never played the newer generations I'd love to use it. Have any recommendable set for it?

As Punishment is physical, I'll just switch Sableye's nature to Careful then.

I'll ditch Crunch the next time I'm set to using Eelektross. :P

Hmmmm, that's a tough one. Trick Room setters generally need to be bulky enough to actually live to set up at least one TR no matter what, or the team's screwed. Most of it's TR using variations can function essentially like Gourgeist, but with a little more power at the cost of a lot of physical defense. It does have Harvest + Sitrus Berries which is nice, but...

Trick Room, Will-o-Wisp, Horn Leech, Phantom Force/Destiny Bond, I guess.

TR is obvious, Will-o lets it live longer by weakening the foes physical attacks, Horn leech is better than Wood Hammer since it heals rather than damaging you which lets you live longer to set more TRs when necessary, Phantom Force gives you an extra chance to get back your Berries via Harvest along with being a pretty good STAB attack, while Destiny Bond is an easy-to-use pretty-much-guaranteed-to-work last-resort move if TR is up.

Hmmmm, that's a tough one. Trick Room setters generally need to be bulky enough to actually live to set up at least one TR no matter what, or the team's screwed. Most of it's TR using variations can function essentially like Gourgeist, but with a little more power at the cost of a lot of physical defense. It does have Harvest + Sitrus Berries which is nice, but...

TR is obvious, Will-o lets it live longer by weakening the foes physical attacks, Horn leech is better than Wood Hammer since it heals rather than damaging you which lets you live longer to set more TRs when necessary, Phantom Force gives you an extra chance to get back your Berries via Harvest along with being a pretty good STAB attack, while Destiny Bond is an easy-to-use pretty-much-guaranteed-to-work last-resort move if TR is up.

Thank you! Well, I'm glad my team isn't screwed if Trick Room can't be set :) Trevenant just seems like a very different Poké that I'd like to dabble in. Harvest is pretty unique ability and could be a lifesaver for example with Rest. Horn Leech coming off a 110 Attack isn't nothing to laugh at, either.

Yeah, but I still prefer the Gourgeist set I roll with (L.Seed, Will-o, Protect, P.Force (I guess TR can replace Protect, but...)). It does the same damage percentage no matter how bulky the foe is, can't be scratched by physical attackers, has continuous healing without being knocked down to low health, all at the cost of only 10 less attack.

And I think that, with Rest, Natural Cure would work out better.

i think your thnking about trevenent, last time I checked Gourgiest doesn't get harvest or horn leech.

Yeah, but I still prefer the Gourgeist set I roll with (L.Seed, Will-o, Protect, P.Force (I guess TR can replace Protect, but...)). It does the same damage percentage no matter how bulky the foe is, can't be scratched by physical attackers, has continuous healing without being knocked down to low health, all at the cost of only 10 less attack.

And I think that, with Rest, Natural Cure would work out better.

Well, if I find the time I might train both of them. When I look at both Pokés the things Trevenant has going for it (if you don't count badasser look) are better abilities, reliable-r recovery and better special bulk. Gourgeist is much more physically bulky with bad abilities. It's also quite a bit faster thanks to there only being one (?) form in Reborn. With the Trevenant I'm probably going to with non-TR variant anyway after all because of Tailwind I'm getting for Vivillon. Not that it changes it that much.

I don't like Poke that only have 1 type attack lol. Give Heracross a try, he's the 2nd best in my opinion of Fighting-Type Poke in Reborn (Blaziken being 1st). I'm changing halve of my team but Heracross is staying that's for sure :)

I don't like Poke that only have 1 type attack lol. Give Heracross a try, he's the 2nd best in my opinion of Fighting-Type Poke in Reborn (Blaziken being 1st). I'm changing halve of my team but Heracross is staying that's for sure :)

I've actually got a Heracross in mid sixties with attack fully trained. He's an awesome little bugger but I adore Vivillon so she's staying. Two bug types is a no-no :P

i think your thnking about trevenent, last time I checked Gourgiest doesn't get harvest or horn leech.

Yeah, I meant Trevenant, all mentions of Gourgy in that post were just for comparisons.

Well, if I find the time I might train both of them. When I look at both Pokés the things Trevenant has going for it (if you don't count badasser look) are better abilities, reliable-r recovery and better special bulk. Gourgeist is much more physically bulky with bad abilities. It's also quite a bit faster thanks to there only being one (?) form in Reborn. With the Trevenant I'm probably going to with non-TR variant anyway after all because of Tailwind I'm getting for Vivillon. Not that it changes it that much.

-Their abilities are both rather lack-luster. Natural Cure is neat, but Harvest + Sitrus needs you to go below 50% health, and it doesn't take a whole lot to kill a Trevenant at ~60%.

-A Sitrus heals more than one turn of both Leftovers and Leech Seed, but you can get the LO+LS recovery all the time. Keep in mind that Harvest has only a 50% chance to give you your berry back. And nothing stops you from going for a Protect+P.Force to get 2 free turns of recovery.

-Also, the Special Bulk difference is 7 Base, a mere 14 Sp.Def point difference at level 100. The Speed is a 2 Base difference, 4 points at level 100.

-What truly makes a difference would be the extra 42 Base Defense (92 points at level 100), making a super-stally set all the more efficient IMO.

-Their abilities are both rather lack-luster. Natural Cure is neat, but Harvest + Sitrus needs you to go below 50% health, and it doesn't take a whole lot to kill a Trevenant at ~60%.

-A Sitrus heals more than one turn of both Leftovers and Leech Seed, but you can get the LO+LS recovery all the time. Keep in mind that Harvest has only a 50% chance to give you your berry back. And nothing stops you from going for a Protect+P.Force to get 2 free turns of recovery.

-Also, the Special Bulk difference is 7 Base, a mere 14 Sp.Def point difference at level 100. The Speed is a 2 Base difference, 4 points at level 100.

-What truly makes a difference would be the extra 42 Base Defense (92 points at level 100), making a super-stally set all the more efficient IMO.

At least Trevenant's abilities have some use unlike Gourgeist's gimmicky ones. :P

Yeah, but I said that Gourgeist is the faster one. We've got the normal sized Gourgeist, am I right? It has 20 base less Attack but base 84 Speed. It also has quite a bit less HP. It does have that fast Will-O-Wisp going for it too.

Frisk has actually saved me from some nasty surprises before. It's...something.

Aaaaaactually, Ame only included the Super-Size pumpkin. I mean, it's got the bulk to take a hit easily, so low Speed doesn't matter. And that HP is much needed, just look at how Cofagrigus is doing with godly defenses, no HP. And even as a Small-sized one, you're still stuck with just 99 Base Speed, plenty of foes would be outspeeding you. A fast Will-o is much easier to get with TR/Tailwind, Tailwind changes it's Speed form base 50-ish to base150-ish, any smaller size is just a waste of stats then and TR benefits from you having low Speed.

Aaaaaactually, Ame only included the Super-Size pumpkin. I mean, it's got the bulk to take a hit easily, so low Speed doesn't matter. And that HP is much needed, just look at how Cofagrigus is doing with godly defenses, no HP. And even as a Small-sized one, you're still stuck with just 99 Base Speed, plenty of foes would be outspeeding you. A fast Will-o is much easier to get with TR/Tailwind (Tailwind changes it's Speed form 50-ish to 150-ish, any smaller size is just a waste of stats then)

Oh, alright. The biggest one is indeed the best. You seriously know your trade. ^_^

Oh, alright. The biggest one is indeed the best. You seriously know your trade. ^_^

Oh, thank you! And honestly, I'd hope so, it would be worrying if I hadn't learned a thing or two after making 600+ posts regarding teams ^_^. Though there's no denying you know what you're doing as well, gotta hand it to ya.