I chose you Pikachu

Damage

So I got my pikachu, first time using him in the series now that I think about it but anyway got an ability capsule since he has static and every time I use it he keeps getting static but if I use it on anyone else they get a new ability. Do ability capsules just not land on dream world stuff or is this a glitch with pikachu.

I assume you've tried this over many trials to ascertain the problem exists. If memory serves, Lightningrod is incorporated in Essentials and, therefore, Reborn. I've not read this anywhere before, so it seems like a bug.

Edited by Arkhidon

Im not sure if the hidden abilities for the pokemon have been integrated yet and its not done by RNG anymore its apparently done in sequence according to the Ep 14 information , so this occurrence of getting the same thing twice doesnt happen

Edited by Hypa

Haha it's neither really. I've just done a ton of playthroughs and feel like an electric type should always be on the team. This time I'm rolling with pikachu. Might pick up Jolteon later since static is a terrible ability IMO.

Alright I decided to try out your plan Jericho. Seems like more capsules don't produce different results. I use two capsules on any other poke and I get abilities shuffled twice. The problem seems to be only pikachu.