Exp. share

Rielly987

In gen 6 the exp share was changed to a key item where every member of the party got the exp if the item was turned on. Now of course the exp item is already in the game and is givin to us by DJ Arclight but I was wondering if technically the coding could be changed to get rid of the old exp share and replace it with the new one. It would require going into the RPGMaker and changing the old EXP share into something else and we would most likely have a new side mission for the new exp share. Now out of curiosity do you guys think this would be a good change for reborn or a bad one. Of course this change wouldn't be anytime soon if at all (or at least I think but We never know what Ame has planned) but who knows...

it would make leveling a team really easy with no switching and concentrating on each poke and how to battle with it and defeats the purpose of having level caps , your still using one poke just your whole team levels up along with it ... or atleast thats how i feel it would become anyway it would make creating a team a lil bit too easy

Well I would hopelessly overlvl my pokemon with this exp share, I already have problems to keep them under the lvl cap and I dont replace more as 1 of my team members between like 4 badges anway, so the normal exp-share is more then enough for me.^^

I'm not even convinced it would make the game easier. It would just be a trap for people who underestimate the level cap. I mean, unless you chug candy I guess.

I would have the game issues with it too, It wouldn't simply make the game easier, it would force the player to pay for common candy to play in game, which at certain points in the story may be unfeasible. Lets also not forget that Generation 6 has a different leveling system than in previous generations.

Edited by MetalKing1417

You know I honestly think that if it were easy to implement it would be worth experimenting with. Simply put, it would speed up the process of grinding pokemon if some players chose to use it. No one's gonna sweep every leader with one pokemon easily because of the level cap, competitive 6 team builds, and the field effects given to the gym leaders and in some cases the bosses in between.

Of course I don't think it's a perfect way of speeding up the grinding process but I believe it's worth looking into. I'd personally like to look in to the boosted exp gain from using pokemon amie. It's obviously an easier way of managing the exp boost on pokemon individually but again I should say that implementing it is a bit strange as of now.

it would make leveling a team really easy with no switching and concentrating on each poke and how to battle with it and defeats the purpose of having level caps , your still using one poke just your whole team levels up along with it ... or atleast thats how i feel it would become anyway it would make creating a team a lil bit too easy

There will still be a need to switch you're pokemon. The only thing you won't have to worry about as much is switching to something for the sake of leveling it up.

In no way, shape, or form would it defeat the purpose of the level cap. You're either fighting the gym leaders below or on equal footing with your team, at least by levels. I don't see anything changing here.

This is a debatable topic because honestly there are two types of players: those who don't mind the grinding and those who don't like it. The exp. share as of X/Y onward is a double edged sword in Reborn with the level cap implemented. It could help challenge players with managing the exp. they gain and hopefully encourage players to take on the more difficult challenges with more varied teams where players will not limit themselves to just 6 pokemon and will feel free to do so.

Once again this item can be turned on and off as a choice of the player in X/Y. In Reborn I'd predict that many players would find moments where turning it off would be necessary as opposed to X/Y where leaving it on is always the best option for completing the game.

That's my take on this topic.