Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Early-game ground-types

Lord Chespin

Question

Would anybody happen to know what ground-types or Pokémon that evolve into ground-types appear prior to beating the first gym? I was planning on doing a ground-type monotype run, and I wanted to know what early teammates I could gather. Any help would be appreciated!

11 answers to this question

Prior to beating the first gym, the only starters only Mudkip (Once you evolve it to Marshstomp) and Turtwig (If you somehow can level it up all the way to Torterra)

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

There are no Ground-types before Julia besides starters. Meaning just Marshtomp, unless you're in the business of grinding a Grotle to level 32 that early. (...Stranger things have happened?)

Why would you have that convenience at the first Gym anyway?

After Julia on the other hand, there's that Onix, Sandy Cloak Wormadam if you can find somewhere to evolve it into that (actually, if you can do that before Julia, that as well I believe), and Trapinch. I think Numel is also after Florinia, but I'm not sure...

Thanks for all the help! Since I'm allowing myself to use Pokémon that evolve into ground-types and HM slaves, I got a turtwig and bibarel and plan on eventually getting a Litleo (for headbutt) and Burmy (for Wormadam) until I can get more actual ground-types.

Edited by supermario79411

Get Diggersby its teh best HM slave you'll find it can learn Strength, Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Rock Climb and Dig. and also don't worry about Julia she uses sonic boom more often get a good grass type to tank up electric strikes and you'll be golden in that gym.