Uhm... this will probably sound weird, but..

aQrator

Hello everyone, and more notably, hello moderators!

Some may know me, most probably don't, but I have been playing Reborn for quite a while, and, as of yet, I have loved the game. Now, for my English FOA (which stands for Further Oral Activity), we are going to try and advertise Pokémon Reborn! My partners are quite the gamers too and showed immediate interest when I told them that this game could be used to talk about. Although our main focus is on advertising (the actual main subject is "Language and Mass Communication"), we do get a lot of freedom as to what we want to do, and, as I said, we will be talking about advertisement and how Reborn can be advertised.

Because of this, we wanted to ask if there has ever been an ad for Reborn on Youtube or something, and, if you know, what would you define as your audience, and how would you want to expand on that audience? If you don't know, you don't know, so no worries if you cannot answer anything. Either way, I would love to hear from you, and I hope that I will, well, honour your work properly

Kind regards,

aQrator (and company)

• Administrators

This is neat. First, we haven't ever had any kind of an advertisement-- at least not produced by us-- on youtube, mostly because I believe in focusing on the actual game over its promotion. As for the current audience, it's hard for me to specify, because all of the members you see here are really just the 'vocal majority' as we say. There are probably many more players who are not involved in our community, and who I will never hear from (Lord help the ones who encounter crashes and are too timid to ask for help-- that would be me, by the way, if it were any other game...). As far as potential audience, however, I'd say this game could be expanded to any Pokemon fans who might be looking for a more... colourful experience.

Wow, in full truth, I thought that just getting youtubers to play it was enough, but that's interesting. As per the 'attraction,' there has long been the quote of. 'Reborn will shove you down, spit in your eyes, and make you it's bitch... and you will love it.' I'm more or less paraphrasing, but you should understand what is meant. Of course, it does matter what you could do for the ad, but just don't treat it like 'a NORMAL Pokemon game.'

This is neat. First, we haven't ever had any kind of an advertisement-- at least not produced by us-- on youtube, mostly because I believe in focusing on the actual game over its promotion. As for the current audience, it's hard for me to specify, because all of the members you see here are really just the 'vocal majority' as we say. There are probably many more players who are not involved in our community, and who I will never hear from (Lord help the ones who encounter crashes and are too timid to ask for help-- that would be me, by the way, if it were any other game...). As far as potential audience, however, I'd say this game could be expanded to any Pokemon fans who might be looking for a more... colourful experience.

For main audience I'd say that Reborn is for the older and die-hard Pokemon fans. The storyline is highly mature and contains sensitive issues such as suicide, terrorism, poverty, sexuality, child abuse, and such and would most likely fit in well with more older audiences. Meanwhile the difficulty level here is pretty steep to the point that if you're new to the series then you won't have a really good time. So yeah, I'd say that the game's optimal audience is aimed at the 16+ people who are already familiar with the series.

I'll be watching random Pokemon videos on Youtube and whenever I see someone just kinda complaining about how easy XY are and how short the stories are, I always tell them to check out Reborn. And of course, I've yet to receive a complaint about it. :)

For main audience I'd say that Reborn is for the older and die-hard Pokemon fans. The storyline is highly mature and contains sensitive issues such as suicide, terrorism, poverty, sexuality, child abuse, and such and would most likely fit in well with more older audiences. Meanwhile the difficulty level here is pretty steep to the point that if you're new to the series then you won't have a really good time. So yeah, I'd say that the game's optimal audience is aimed at the 16+ people who are already familiar with the series.

Ehhhh yes? I guess 16+ sounds about right when you put all of that together. Content wise you may be able to go a little lower like 13 and up however I guess there are certain portions of dialogue and stuff like.............. Never mind 16+ and no lower than that. It sort of is a requirement for players to have already played other pokemon games to be able to handle this level of difficulty so I totally agree with Sarun on this.

• Veterans

Ehhhh yes? I guess 16+ sounds about right when you put all of that together. Content wise you may be able to go a little lower like 13 and up however I guess there are certain portions of dialogue and stuff like.............. Never mind 16+ and no lower than that. It sort of is a requirement for players to have already played other pokemon games to be able to handle this level of difficulty so I totally agree with Sarun on this.

The age range makes me wanna pull this up:2563682-9299319006-pokem.jpg

wow, so many reactions in so little time! Where to start..

First, I can agree on the fact that its audience is quite a bit more mature than the intended (see pic above) audience for the Original Pokémon games, and the effort put in the game really shows off more than any ad could. After all, the game keeps on spreading, as has been done by AuthorReborn, and it has barely, if any at all, complaints for a reason. It is amazing, it's harsh, enough funny references, a huge storyline... Well, I'm sidetracking a little bit now I guess.

I am sad to say that this all will not help much for our FOA. not only is an ad quite needed if we want to discuss any advertising done for it already, has any of you ever seen a "proper" ad anywhere on YT?
Also, the quote might also be a little harsh for the project. The potential audience and main audience are useful for us, however.

Also, do not feel forced at all to make one, nor any pressure that it is not that useful for our project. after all, advertisement and its aspects arenot really something of an aspect of Reborn itself.

Either way, thank you all for responding as quickly as you have done, and of course for the amazing game!

Kind regards,

aQrator

I cant add anything about the game without make it sound like a broken record, however, once I get my laptop back up and running, I'd gladly make an ad for Reborn, with Ame's permisson of course.

When I found Reborn, I was getting bored of just roflstomping the main series games, even nuzlocke challanges, and was looking for something else. Reborn is a game for anyone looking for something new, that can handle more mature topics, like the others have said.

But yea, I digress. Ill make an ad as soon as my laptop gets fixed.