Dairy of an Ex-Marrilander.

Ringabel

Marriland and stuff.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been a Marrilander?

• Yes.
    • No.

So, I came back here. But before I got back I was on Marriland. So I'm gonna tell you about what the Marriland forums are like.

First off:One thing that I saw that pushed my away from the site to start. No cussing. I can understand why. I mean, there are a lot more young ones stay over there. But I've always said that "Kids are gonna learn that how to shit sooner or later. LET THEM SAY FUCK!" Moving on.

Second:The people. They are... very nice. The mods on the other hand... well... When a bunch of folks started using (what I think to be) bad avatars for the sake of comedy I said "There ugly and not funny"... and I got told I was breaking the rules for "being rude", when I was just trying to help someone's art become better. I don't even.... Moving on.

Third:The "PokeCasual" clubs. A PokeCusual club is a Marriland club where people come together and be social. They are fine for the most part. But most of the mod bullshit goes on there.

Forth:The RolePlaying. It's done EVEN better then this site's. Not much more to say without wasting time.

Final Thoughts:Marriland is... an OK forum site. Everything but the mods are pretty good. The mods are evil as all hell, though.

I know I could into more depth. But I want you do tell me about your thoughts on Marriland. And to be clear, I mean the site, not the YouTuber. Anyways, take it away, Reborn.

1. In -my- opinion, the type of language used in forums should always be used with a degree of discretion. If you are being malicious with your language (I.e. name-calling and berating something or someone for whatever reason) then in -most- sub forums you probably shouldn't cuss.

2. Marriland, from my understanding, is a Pokemon help-site that has branched off with it's guides and game walkthroughs into the forum and competitive battle help. Because the original intent of the site was to help out other people, you generally will find good people there. As for people with power, they become more suspect to outside criticism. I haven't been on the forum so I am making all of my statements from my experiences with the site, as well as what information you have provided here. Mods are always "seemingly" a tad harder to converse and get along with. It's probably just becuase they are doing their job, but if -not- then that's unfortunate.

3. So it.....sort of sounds like the Reborn server here, Again, most of the mod power meets criticism in live feeds instantaneously.

4. Good to know, I suppose.

Final thought. Marriland is one of those sites I've liked using, specifically for finding hidden items and having video guides for certain events. I think most of their community is very nice, and it's a shame that there are a few questionable people in charge up there.

I've only been to Marriland for finding out some item info for X and Y, as for the mods, well they are mods, it will be harder to try to have conversations, but that's expected. I think the site is more of a "Oh you need help with in game stuff here you go" over the "OMG I'm going to be the best, like no one ever was" competitive battling like Reborn, but meh, if the mods aren't chill then thats too bad. So i'm glad that Reborn's mods are uber chill.

• Developers

After the release of Diamond and Pearl, my lack of irl friends was a problem that could finally be mitigated by the wifi capabilities of the generation. So going against my mom's wishes (Like I've been doing for forever years) I joined an online pokemon community, Marriland.

Specifics aren't needed and have already been specified in like 10 other posts around the forums, but essentially in the months that passed, I met Ikaru. Which, though a series of fortunate events, is why im here. Both in Reborn, and alive in general.

So I'll always have a soft spot for Marriland, even though i haven't been there like like.. quite a while.

• Administrators

After the release of Diamond and Pearl, my lack of irl friends was a problem that could finally be mitigated by the wifi capabilities of the generation. So going against my mom's wishes (Like I've been doing for forever years) I joined an online pokemon community, Marriland.

Specifics aren't needed and have already been specified in like 10 other posts around the forums, but essentially in the months that passed, I met Ikaru. Which, though a series of fortunate events, is why im here. Both in Reborn, and alive in general.

So I'll always have a soft spot for Marriland, even though i haven't been there like like.. quite a while.

basically this, it's a long story but probably everyone who cares to know already knows it.

I was pretty well-known around the RMT forum in 4th gen even though i was still in that "OU is too easy i play with my favorite stuff" phase, or, at least I'd like to think so. I know there were a couple people who asked about me when I started to get less active, including the world's second biggest Mismagius fan (that I worked together with on a thread about roles and ended up being friends with (it got added to the reference sticky!)).

Interestingly I was there for much less time than I was on Serebii beforehand (we're talking when I was like 10-11), but ended up with literally ten times as many posts lol. I actually think I stopped at exactly 1000.

tl;dr it was a pretty positive experience for me, even though it was forever ago; so I don't really know what it's like now

marriland is a good site but idk why you feel the need to talk shit about the mods when they're just doing what they're supposed to do as per the rules of the site :/

Edit: also please for the love of god work on your formatting it's giving me a headache

Edited by JellyMan

If there is an issue with the site then maybe it's not the mods per say. With everything you have given me, maybe it's your attitude clashing.

It's not that I want to say you are a horrible person, you just need to understand that other forums are going to have different rules. No matter how subjective they are, you must try your best to abide. If mods are breaking those rules report them. If you don't get an update back, then dump that forum. This can apply to any forum of any site and you can quote me on this.

As for the site itself, I never found use of it except for some functions that other sites do better. I much rather watch Marriland then look at his site.

--I still name my Magnezone Polaris--

I havent really been a member there. I go there occasionally for certain features but from what I can tell, its a decent forum.
Also I cant help but point out the fact that the title says dairy.