Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

New Discovery(?) Get Meditite Early!

CURIE

Question

So after this happened to me in my monogen run of Reborn (much to my inconvenience, because due to the rules of the challenge I had to soft-reset and lose a bunch of progress), I looked on the Pokemon Location Guide and didn't see anything about it. So I'm sorry for wasting your time if you already know about this.

According to the Location Guide, you can only get Meditite on Route 2, which is very late game. But what if I told you... you can get it as early as Apophyll Academy? Too lazy to type up the description of how to get it a second time, so I'll just copy/paste what I said in the monogen thread:

Well... I discovered something new. I talked to this random girl at the Academy, and she just inexplicably shoved a Meditite into my hands. I had to reset, and do a TON of trainer battles all over again. Later on, when I was going to write about it, I went back to her (saving first of course) to get it again so I could spell it right. But she never gave it to me… She instead said some hippe garbage about reaching zen or something.

I looked on the location guide and it didn’t say anything about this, so I had to figure it out myself. Basically, by “reaching zen”, the girl means “listen to a bunch of lectures”. You know how, around the second floor of the academy, there are these NPCs who ask if you want them to read Kiki’s past lectures to you? Well, if you find all of them and listen to all their lectures, then go back to that girl, THEN she gives you the Meditite. And unfortunately for me, you can’t refuse.

Edited by Eagleby18

9 answers to this question

I can verify this. You get a lvl30 Meditite. I believe it is triggered only after Kiki's death, because I'm almost certain I spoke to that girl after I read the 4 books and she only told me about Zen, as long as Kiki was alive.