Pokemon Reborn Official Walkthrough

Hellyam

Should I make an official walkthrough of Pokemon Reborn?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make an official walkthrough of Pokemon Reborn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly (State why or why not if you wish to)
  2. 2. If you answered yes to the previous question, then would you be willing to add information about the game I may have missed? (Optional)

Hello all!

As you may know, I am Hellyam. I have recently decided to start a in depth guide of Pokemon Reborn after Dashie deleted his. But I'll need the community's support. Many people are interested in a guidebook for Reborn, but so far only Dashie, Trevos, and a few other users on here have decided to make an official/unofficial walkthrough of Pokemon Reborn. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10204#entry200059 However this walkthrough will be different. How?

First and foremost this guidebook is the community's. Therefore, I'll ask you guys how I should organize my information and things like that. I'll also need people who are willing to backtrack in the game to confirm certain items and event pokemon. I retain the power to determine what information gets put into the guidebook.

Second, I'll give due credit in this walkthrough to people who tell me any details I may have missed. On top of that, I'll give certain jobs to people who constantly help me deal with the making of this guidebook. In order to qualify, you must post some information at least 2 times a week. This may change based on my views and your productivity. This however is completely optional and isn't mandatory if you don't wish to.

Lastly, the reason I wish to make this walkthrough is to: A: Help new players who are lost in the world of Pokemon Reborn and B: For fun!

If this topic gets stickied by the admins, then I'll make it so that my walkthrough will become the community's walkthrough. I'll need help since Reborn is a pretty long game and I can't remember much about the game so far.

Tell me how you think I should write the community walkthrough in the comments below. Should I write using my expertise and create a individual walktrough or should I enlist the help of the community with me in creating a community built walkthrough?

First vote is mine.

Personally, after seeing how much commitment towards Dashie's guide you have to wonder how much you're going to do and what the community has to provide. You also have to acknowledge how much space is taken up due to the locations guide for Stickers/Items/Pokemon.

If you think that you can provide a good take and give a lot of information regarding new changes, gym battle tactics, walkthroughs, seperate missions, and ect. go for it. I'll try my best to help and I will have this stickied.

It will took a lot of time and effort, but it will help new players a lot. Sadly, with each update will come new changes to even early states in a game, so... It could be some kind of neverending story. ;)

But if You wanna try, I am all for it!

I was going to vote "yes", but then...

As far as guides go, I was planning on creating one post the release of the full game. It would be difficult to make a guide during the concurrent episodic format of the game's releases due to the sheer amount of changes throughout the whole game that occur every episode. I have a set of my own notes that I update periodically, but maybe I'll do a mini-guide on some of the leaders and miniboss battles sometime soon.

I didn't realise at first cuz vinny is a dumb bozo, but making a guide when the game isn't complete yet, can be quite hard. Since you have to go back all the time to see what changed. If you want a good example:

Dash had the movesets for Shelly's pokes in his guide. However, Shelly's battle is different now... some of the pokes changed, and the strategy is different. He would need to go back and fight her again to see what would be the best strategy.

But, i'm not saying you can't do it. If you really want to, go ahead. You have my sword. But for now, i'm willing to wait for the game to be finished, so people can start a "definitive guide".

This seems pretty difficult because no one's game will be the same, some people train differently and I'm sure another bunch of reasonss. For example playing the game with Charmander is a violently different experience as playing with Totodile. The rest of the party would change around types alone. The guide I guess would say bring this type to this fight but you could save yourself a migraine and just make a boss battle guide. Items and locations list have already been made. When people get stuck they will 9/10 make a topic anyway so while I'd normally be all for a guide it seems a little pointless with all the help that already exists. I think you should put a focus on it this way people aren't playing the game glued to a guide when there might be other help that would much better suite their needs while still allowing the game to be challenging fun and engaging to them.

There's the aforementioned point about Dashie's guide, as well as the fact that I don't quite think this is necessary. No, really, what people would need from this guide could be categorized into "Where do I find this?" and "How do I beat this?" For the first, we have all those guides around the forums, like the location guide and item guide. For the latter, there's quite a few topics asking for help with a certain fight, to the point that pretty much all fights have been covered. The existence of the search feature makes this unnecessary, if you're asking me. So, honestly, I'll vote for no. If you wanna do it, go for it, but I see no need for one.

PS: Anyone else unable to cast their vote unless they vote on the "optional" question as well?

I think Ashes has a good point. A visual guide would probably get A. more attention and B. Help people who are looking for in depth information for any particular topic. You could do videos like Shofu and Nickaboo did. Get a group of people together that want to help and maybe even bring life to some characters. Like a little pokemon reborn movie. Guarenteed to sadden adults and freighten small children.

But I'd watch it and help if I could.

Edited by Damage

I think a good thorough walk through would be sufficient as long as its updated every episode. Everything up to Episode 13 will be difficult considering it's a lot of information to cover, but once that portion is finished and a new Episode is released, the actual updating won't be near as tedious.

You can also use Dashie's guide to kind of give you an idea as far as what to expect. Here's a link. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=7757

As far as help for gym battles and/or boss battles, I think they would suit better in its own topic instead of including it within the walk-through. I may end up creating a topic like this if I have time this weekend to sit down and write it.

You can also use Dashie's guide to kind of give you an idea as far as what to expect. Here's a link. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=7757

... seems you never got the memo: Dashie deleted his most updated guide and has since left Reborn as far as I'm aware. This was due to Ame's stance on the use of cheat engine and similar utilities that enable the player to "hack" in items, edit or add Pokemon, and more. (Note that her stance has since changed, but I don't think Dashie has any intent to return to Reborn).

My stance on this is more or less the same as my quoted post from Vinny earlier in the thread:

As far as guides go, I was planning on creating one post the release of the full game. It would be difficult to make a guide during the concurrent episodic format of the game's releases due to the sheer amount of changes throughout the whole game that occur every episode. I have a set of my own notes that I update periodically, but maybe I'll do a mini-guide on some of the leaders and miniboss battles sometime soon.

I have no intent of stopping the creation of a guide if the community decides to collaborate on one though, if that's your prerogative then go for it. I am still thinking about making a leader/miniboss/boss fight guide using notes that I've kept through each episode I've played (for the record I started in 7th/8th, started scripting for Ame in 9th, do a 100% run each episode to test events and strength of battles along with other alpha/beta testers) and I think I might put it on the forums when done with it despite redundancy if there is a community guide in the works.

... seems you never got the memo: Dashie deleted his most updated guide and has since left Reborn as far as I'm aware. This was due to Ame's stance on the use of cheat engine and similar utilities that enable the player to "hack" in items, edit or add Pokemon, and more. (Note that her stance has since changed, but I don't think Dashie has any intent to return to Reborn).

The most updated one is gone, but the one that's linked is still a pretty good one. As Phlytosion said, it's for reference.

You should probably do posts per chapter. It will make things easier for you and for the community to just skim through. Even have giant text signifying the change.

Visual is also good but I highly recommend text first as you need the base format before you can put it into motion with video.

Heh, if you want to go through the endless hours recreating the game for a walkthrough, go for it. I said yes for the noobs to the game, but a complete guide takes away from the fun of discovering new things and growing attached to the game by overcoming obstacles. If anything, I would suggest guides to Ame's notorious puzzles, like the Chrysolia or Shelly's gym. Those puzzles pissed off a great number of people.