Advice on Early Pokémon

Lucinova

Uproar is getting you locked in attacking for 3 turns. And Noctowl doesn't have the best atk stats in the game...Better use it for utility or to tank special moves (at least for gym battles). If you want to use uproar lvl up a whismur.

Does new Shade even use Spiritomb by the way? I don't even remember lol

Edited by drakonpaul

Uproar is getting you locked in attacking for 3 turns. And Noctowl doesn't have the best atk stats in the game...Better use it for utility or to tank special moves (at least for gym battles). If you want to use uproar lvl up a whismur.

Does new Shade even use Spiritomb by the way? I don't even remember lol

I thought Uproar was a Special Attack? And yeah Shade doesn't have Spiritomb anymore.

I think he has a Golett now instead

One pokemon that i found very good and underrated is grimer! This thing has saved me hundred of times and is usefull through the whole playthrough. It's very bulky and can stall the sh*t out of anything that can be poisoned. A real savior in every double battle with it's poison gas that targets BOTH opponents and the sludge wave. With the random accuracy drops from it's mud bomb it made my stall tactic more easy. And the black sludge made it the mvp against aya even though i couldn't poison any of her pokemon. If muk had the attack and sp.attack swaped it could be even more better offensively but still it gets the job done even with the weak special attack it has

I've another question now... would switching out Kricketune for a Vivillon be effective at all? (I've just beaten Florinia, and started into the Jasper Ward)

I know they're different in physical-vs-special, but I'd like to have only one bug-type on my team... and having a second Pokemon with Psybeam would be nice (Meowstic is the other)

Edited by Yaamni

while were talking about wismur where was he moved to as he used to be in the peridot ward with ralts? as ive yet to find thim in my 2nd playthrough

Whismur is still where it was before, in that one house in Lower Peridot Ward. I think you only need Pokesnax to find it.

I've another question now... would switching out Kricketune for a Vivillon be effective at all? (I've just beaten Florinia, and started into the Jasper Ward)

I know they're different in physical-vs-special, but I'd like to have only one bug-type on my team... and having a second Pokemon with Psybeam would be nice (Meowstic is the other)

Yea it would, at that point kricketune really drops in effectiveness, but vivilion isn't that great early on. Yeah it can put stuff to sleep effectively but its stuck with bug bite, struggle bug, and draining kiss until 35 when it learns bug buzz. But it becomes really good once it hits 45 when it gets quiver dance and 50 when it gets hurricane.