Choose my Gens and Types!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which Generation?

2. 2. What type should I use?

• Ice and Flying
    • Dark and Electric
    • Ground and Poison
    • Fighting and Grass

So after finishing up Episode 13, I really wanted to continue playing using different Pokemon. After looking at a few recent posts I got this idea to incorporate a Monogen run along with a semi-Monotype run. I'll call it a Generations Duotype for now. Come up with a better name if you'd like because I'll be the first to say that I'm not that creative when it comes to naming things.

In this run I'll be allowed to use only 2 randomly chosen generations of Pokemon. Due to the severely limited options of Pokemon, I have decided to allow myself 2 randomly generated Pokemon types, which is why I called it a Duotype.

I will be using Eagleby's interpretation of the Monogen challenge. All of those rules will be applied. They can be viewed here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10036

Another thing I should mention is that this will not be a nuzlocke considering the amount of available Pokemon is very limited.

I will let the poll run for a day or so before a decision is made. Please let me know if I need to clarify a few things, I'm running low on sleep and I probably could have missed something.

It looks like the 4th and 6th generations have won along with Dark and Electric types Oh hello Greninja. Over 40% of the type votes gave Dark and Electric while coming in a close 2nd with 30% of the votes were Ice and Flying. I didn't really care which generation I got. I was only curious with the typing. Anyways...

I'm gonna try to keep it even and use 3 of each typing, maybe even 3 of each generation if it works out that way.

I will probably begin this playthrough tomorrow sometime. In the meantime, any suggestions as to what Pokemon to shoot for would be helpful.

Well, it's not exactly "suggestions", but here's an easy list of all the Pokemon included in those categories:

Honchkrow

Skuntank

Spiritomb

Drapion

Greninja, as you pointed out

Pangoro

Malamar

Luxuray

Pachirisu

Rotom

Heliolisk

Dedenne

Pokemon that you can use when they are added because they aren't yet in-game:

Darkrai

Weavile

Yveltal

Electivire

Edited by Eagleby18

The best advice I can offer is the same that I offer for mono-types: Cover your weaknesses. As you have two types, that's a lot easier than it would be otherwise.

Your aforementioned Greninja can cover Electric's Ground weakness just fine. So focus on covering Dark's Fighting, Bug and Fairy weaknesses. A good choice for the last one would be Magnezone (although that'll be a Magneton for a really, really long time).

As for early-game things, definitely pick up that Pachirisu and get yourself a Stunky. The former is sturdy and the latter is quite helpful due to Screech + poisoning things.

Pokemon that you can use when they are added because they aren't yet in-game:

Malamar

Electivire

Malamar is obtainable at the moment, and he should at least be able to use Electabuzz in anticipation of Electivire if he so wishes.