Aggron Movesets?

rykerr1

I've been able to play Reborn again this week after a bit of a hiatus and am not very happy with my Aggron's moveset. I've never used one beyond playthroughs of Sapphire long ago, so I'm not sure what moves are best. Does anyone have suggestions? It has an Impish nature and is level 57 if that helps.

Metal Burst + Sturdy and max HP invest for gimmic battles (like Garchomp and Arceus), but just let it stay in PC till the day comes.
Rock Head: Head Smash + Iron Head + Earthquake (for Fire and Stell type coverage) + Autotomize (well, if you want to abuse Iron head 30% flinch and don't want to take lots of hits without priority moves). Max Atk and Speed. After one Autotomize, spam Head Smash like there is no tomorrow. That's the best idea for Aggron now (well, if you don't use Autotomize, so Heavy Slam is way better than Iron Head)

Earthquake and Head Smash can be breed with a male Tyrantrum form episode 12 (gen V mechanic)

Edited by gutten_tag

Mine looks like this,

nature and ev's I don't care about them

Lonely

Heavy metal(because of heavy slam

Heavyslam (because of aggron being the heaviest poke with this move)

Iron head (No iron tail because not 100% acc.)

Brick break (doesnt matter just for the normal pokes)

earthquake (breeded from my torterra)

metal plate (because my only metal poke and 2 metal moves)

Mine looks like this,

nature and ev's I don't care about them

Lonely

Heavy metal(because of heavy slam

Heavyslam (because of aggron being the heaviest poke with this move)

Iron head (No iron tail because not 100% acc.)

Brick break (doesnt matter just for the normal pokes)

earthquake (breeded from my torterra)

metal plate (because my only metal poke and 2 metal moves)

Heavy Slam and ... Iron head??? I say no. Heavy Slam will be more power than Iron Head in like 99% times (especially with Heavy Metal)

Brick Break? still no. Heavy Metal will be more power than a super effective Brick Break except for only ONE exception: Snorlax. (even Tyranitar got 4x with fighting, Heavy Slam still more power when compare 300 to 360 power)

Just my idea.

An Aggron, and not using the Rock Head + Head Smash combo? bro...

Unless you're running a defensive Aggron, there's not a lot of reasons to NOT use RH HS Aggron. Maybe you don't like breeding, or maybe you just don't care. idk :I

Eh, I'd use Head Smash, but along with Sturdy and Metal Burst. That way, even against an unfortunate type match-up, it can take down at least one foe.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I probably should've given this in the original post, but my Aggron currently is:

Impish + Sturdy

-Protect (I had this on there for Arceus, to stall out focus blasts XD)

-Iron Head

-Strength (yea I need to ditch this)

-Iron Defense (really wasn't sure what to put as the 4th move)

I haven't really gotten into breeding in Reborn yet, but I think the Metal Burst set sounds like fun. I was planning to use him defensively or as some sort of gimmicky set, because I already have an Excadrill and he basically gets all of the same offensive coverage that Aggron would anyway.

So beyond Stealth Rock from Tyrantrum, are there any other good defensive moves that are available to Aggron in Reborn?

Nothing good, really. All that comes to mind is Body Slam, Swagger, Screech and Mud Slap. That's all you get in terms of "support".

That really is dire O.o Thanks for the help though! I just found out that Pawniard is in the new episode so I *may* be replacing Aggron with him.

I tend to have two Aggrons I switch out interchangeable based on what I need.

First one:

Adamant (Just got lucky with this one) and Rock Head. Give it a quick claw or an item of your choice.

Automitize, Iron Defense, Head Smash, and Iron Head.

The main reasoning for this set is to be able to outspeed and not particularly ditching all your Steel type attack. Set up some ID and even string fighting types will have a hassel taking you down. Also, Head Smash/Rock head allows for sustained survival instead of dying from recoil damage.

Second:

No set nature because I haven't bred this one yet and Heavy metal. Give it a lagging tail to increase weight even more.

Iron Defense, Curse, Head Smash for stab, and Heavy Slam. Heavy Slam should decimate most everything in your path, particuarly if you use curse a lot.