I'm having a bit of trouble with a certain Magnezone....

Twinyoshi45

Hello! this is my first time really posting here so if I have done something wrong please let me know, 

anyways as the title says im stuck in the meteor hideout that you get kidnapped to after storming the devon corp base I brought with me a decent number of potions initially but all the fights completely exhausted them and now I have no way of getting more as I try to figure out a way to beat ZEL, his team goes down fairly easily with what I have but I have nothing that can fight that magnezone without just getting destroyed so does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? or am I stuck forever?

Current team:
Blastoise lvl74: moves: Surf, Flash cannon, Rock smash, double team
Mamoswine lvl78: moves: Earthquake, Blizzard, Double team, Ancient power

Chesnaught lvl67: moves Seed bomb, Spiky shield, Bulk up, Brick break

Starmie lvl72: moves: Hydro pump, flash, power gem, psychic

Crobat lvl76: moves: Cross poison, Haze, air slash, Leech life

Alolan Marowak(no thick club) lvl67: moves: Bonemerang, Shadow Bone, Flare blitz, flame wheel

Thanks for trying to help in advance!

13 minutes ago, Twinyoshi45 said:

Hello! this is my first time really posting here so if I have done something wrong please let me know, 

anyways as the title says im stuck in the meteor hideout that you get kidnapped to after storming the devon corp base I brought with me a decent number of potions initially but all the fights completely exhausted them and now I have no way of getting more as I try to figure out a way to beat ZEL, his team goes down fairly easily with what I have but I have nothing that can fight that magnezone without just getting destroyed so does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? or am I stuck forever?

Current team:
Blastoise lvl74: moves: Surf, Flash cannon, Rock smash, double team
Mamoswine lvl78: moves: Earthquake, Blizzard, Double team, Ancient power

Chesnaught lvl67: moves Seed bomb, Spiky shield, Bulk up, Brick break

Starmie lvl72: moves: Hydro pump, flash, power gem, psychic

Crobat lvl76: moves: Cross poison, Haze, air slash, Leech life

Alolan Marowak(no thick club) lvl67: moves: Bonemerang, Shadow Bone, Flare blitz, flame wheel

Thanks for trying to help in advance!

Well if we keep in mind Pulse Magnezone is likely to have somewhat slow speed you could try save Starmie til the Magnezone and if ya can make the field Short-Circuit for that opportunity even better, hit him with a Flash as many times as you can and try debilitate his accuracy and then unleash as many special attacks as you can on him or if Blastoise is still up and going rock smash for hopeful defence drops as that offers opportunities. if the problem or one of the problems is your pokemon are not at full health and you lack items, you are recommended to prepare but if ya desperate i can always full heal ya team if only to relieve some of the difficulty.

keep in mind if ya land a good few flashes before he finally manaes to hit Starmie then using Double Team might also work to favor ya odds.

I have done some testing with your idea and to win I would need insane RNG luck, I can keep Starmie until the end but it goes down in 1 shot and in my repeated attempts I only got a double flash off once out of the 10 times I tried and even after that he didnt miss a single move which means my Alolawak could not do anything as it gets 2hko'd (3hko'd if im lucky), so unfortunately I dont think ill be able to actually pull it off 

2 minutes ago, Twinyoshi45 said:

I have done some testing with your idea and to win I would need insane RNG luck, I can keep Starmie until the end but it goes down in 1 shot and in my repeated attempts I only got a double flash off once out of the 10 times I tried and even after that he didnt miss a single move which means my Alolawak could not do anything as it gets 2hko'd (3hko'd if im lucky), so unfortunately I dont think ill be able to actually pull it off 

Well that's unfortunate, you are very ill-prepared for this i would say heck the PULSE report could have warned you the def and sp atk of the PULSE are insane and you have no way in your current team to counter it's levitate or to apply real threatening special attacks and a burn isn't gonna scare the PULSE Magnezone as it's not a physical attacker honestly with ya current team? im stumped as to what ya can do outside of trying to make rng favor you by reducing his hit chances (Short-Circuit makes flash's effect stronger iirc)

I don't remember if the PC is accessible. You can try loading an older version of the backup save file before you entered Devon Corp if it's available. Or, you could trade using online play and get a suitable high level Pokemon that can help with this battle.

there should be a PC in the cell way back where you started, pretty sure backtracking is possible.

Do you have the tM for Smack Down? If you can cancel out its Levitate you should be able to deal loads of damage with Ground moves. Gastro Acid, Skill Swap and the like should work for that too.

there indeed is a pc although I dont have basically any good options for taking out magnezone, the only one of note is Silvally at lvl66 but I dont have anykind of ground or fire memory for it so its damage is negligible at best (not to mention I have no idea who I would replace for it as I currently use all the members of my team to get past the rest of his team), I also unfortunately dont have access to smack down, nor Gastro acid, Skill swap, iron ball-trick, gravity, nor any other method of grounding him that I can think of off the top of my head. Is there a way to access an earlier save file? as I dont particularly want to trade with someone as I feel thats kinda like cheating despite the situation im in

To see your savefiles, go into your file explore, the path should be :

(C:)>Users>[Your User]>Saved Game>Pokemon Reborn

If you manage to find the file, it looks like this

Spoiler

NQK9PNR.png

All these X - NAME...rxdata are saves that are registered if you have the Backup option ON in the options.

If by chance you have any of them that are from before you entered the hideout, all you have to do is rename the X -NAME...rxdata into Game.rxdata (either delete the old one or override it).

But please, make a copy of your original Game.rxdata before tinkering with anything. You don't want to loose your save by mistake.

Hope that helped!

Edit : spelling.

11 minutes ago, Twinyoshi45 said:

there indeed is a pc although I dont have basically any good options for taking out magnezone, the only one of note is Silvally at lvl66 but I dont have anykind of ground or fire memory for it so its damage is negligible at best (not to mention I have no idea who I would replace for it as I currently use all the members of my team to get past the rest of his team), I also unfortunately dont have access to smack down, nor Gastro acid, Skill swap, iron ball-trick, gravity, nor any other method of grounding him that I can think of off the top of my head. Is there a way to access an earlier save file? as I dont particularly want to trade with someone as I feel thats kinda like cheating despite the situation im in

There's a guide to how use your back-ups.

Oh thank you! I have now followed the steps and have managed to get back to the point before all this started so now I can train up some kinda good option to take it down with as well as just get 3 99 stacks of hyper potions just in case, thank you for telling me about the backup save feature you have all helped me greatly!