Interesting dreams you've had?

sdddf4

Just the other day, I had a really weird dream which seemed like something out of a psychological horror game. So, I was walking through a desert for some reason or other, trying to find water, but I couldn't find any and I was sort of panicking. As time went on, though, the sky and sand turned more and more red, and eventually, there was like this beam of fire rising up from the horizon. I was kind of mesmerized by it, I remember, but then the sky turned to gold, the sun became black and the sand beneath me just started to collapse into nothingness. I was falling into a pitch black void, and watching the sand above me fall into the same void, and I can't remember anything after that.

I really hope my dreams stay more along the lines of weird gamey things and less along the lines of weird psychological pseudo-nightmares from now on.

I was climbing an old and very tall stone tower, lost in a sea of green hills. Everything felt real, yet I knew it wasn't, like some kind of elaborate VR game. As I progressed, I went through parts of the tower that were crumbling and wide open. It was really high up, and I thought, "why not jump?"

I sat there with my feet dangling in the air, tempted to do it, just to experience how it feels to fall helplessly to my own death. In the end I couldn't, despite knowing that I wouldn't actually die. It was too scary.

I resumed my climb. When I arrived at the top, the view was awesome, yet I was extremely disappointed. There was absolutely Nothing remarkable there, no reward of any kind. The tower started to shrink beneath me. From a huge stone pillar, it progressively became an insignificant structure, barely a couple meters tall. This time, I could jump without so much as twisting an ankle.

That dream left a rather bitter feeling behind.

I don't have a particular dream to share as of this moment, but there is something related that I'd like to say. I notice that I can't really dream when I go to sleep at night at once. If I wake up in the morning and on the rare occasion, go right back to sleep, then I can and will dream! 

• 2 weeks later...

I want to speak of a dream I had couple of days ago, but then dreamed yesterday. for reasons of because I presume me going mental I nearly lost my current job. I still remember having a work laptop at the end.  My boss gave me a list of commandments that I needed to follow so I could stay. Though it didn't seem like rules she'd write; I'd follow anyway, but the only and first I remembered was involving misgendering of a character.

The dream I liked the idea of involved me sharing a book to a specific moderator on this forum. From some lines the book seemed philosophical/ideal I'd might like, but didn't read; so I intrusted them. They didn't give me a sign that they read it. This was, right, and I was OK with. 

I didn't like or remember the rest of the dream, circumstances nor details

it seemed like this was online over/in a board game though

I haven't dreamt in a while, and a lot of dreams like the Baby-Kicker I've already told in showdown in a backchannel cause rules be broken in most dreams. But I still remember one specific dream as a kid and one recurring nightmare I had for plenty of years.

The dream was that I was swimming across the Atlantic when when I reach the American shore I get bit by a shark and half my torso's bitten off and I end up bleeding to death on the beach.

The recurring nightmare started when my second and longest lived rabbit died and I found out my parents just threw him in the green garbage container where he'd grown to godzilla size and breathed fire and had a huge army of dimetrodons who also breathed fire and they were just killin erryone and then I'd find myself surrounded by Dimetrodons while in a ruined house, my rabbit slowly approaching and I'd wake up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok that one was a yikes and a half.

Act 1.

Happened at some kind of store. There were 6 sentient appliances (mostly TVs) locked up in a storage room, and I watched them fight to "death". Two TVs teamed up to take out the other appliances, then the bigger, more archaic looking TV betrayed its ally and killed it with a gun concealed behind a sliding panel.

As a reward, the surviving TV was bought and taken home by a blonde lady and her girlfriend. 

Act 2.

I was in this blonde girl's house, at night. The interior was extremely dark, unnaturally so considering the blinds weren't even shut. She was looking out the window, then suddenly opened the curtains wide, revealing an enormous, bright yellow moon in the sky. Its shine brightened the room a little. The girl smiled at me and said Something along the lines of "It's a wonderful night, isn't it?" then I blacked out. The scene wasn't particularly scary, but her behavior seemed off. 

Act 3.

I was reading text scrolling on a black screen. Nothing else around me seemed to exist. It told the story of how today, the blonde lady and her gf went to the park for a stroll, and were stalked by the sentient TV they had bought, complete with cartoonish illustrations depicting it. 

Act 4. 

Back to the blonde girl's house at night, except this time it looked identical to my own house. It was still incredibly dark though. The girl was with me in the hallway, and said in a cheerful tone: "It's night time, when you can't see anything at all and living is difficult."

A few seconds after, I started hearing a weird, heavy shuffle, as if a thing inhuman in shape but organic (so, not the TV) was crawling toward me. I reached for the nearest light switch, but it didn't work. Power was out. I ran to the kitchen and closed the door behind me, starting to panic. 

Then my alarm woke me up. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two brand new ones last night.

I was on an operating table, surrounded by surgeons. I wasn't restrained, yet couldn't move. They flipped me on my stomach, and started cutting my back open. I couldn't feel the pain, but felt everything they were doing, slicing the skin, splitting the muscles and nerves apart. No matter how much I told them to stop, they ignored me. Eventually, I lost consciousness.

I was in an apartment, at a mountain resort. The view on the snowy mountains was wonderful; so was the day. Then as dusk settled, streams of lava started to erupt from the ground, ravaging the landscape. Right after, the mountaintops crumbled, releasing enormous, hulking demon-like creatures. Smouldering black beasts, with claws and wings, very Diablo-like. They seemed uninterested in humans but knocked down every building in their way, and left trails of ruins and charred bodies behind them. My place was miraculously spared.

Then, after night fell, some of the dead people and animals came back to life as walking corpses, still burning, roughly twice the size they were when alive. Two of these dead men broke into my apartment, and I woke up when one of them grabbed me by the collar and lifted me.

• 2 weeks later...

I distinctly remember this one from a few months ago, mostly because it has slowly turned into a potential novel idea. (I'll try not to turn this into a full chapter length post, because that's not at all necessary.)

The whole thing started with white light, nothing else. Over time it slowly faded to show these sort of futuristic florescent ceiling lights. I couldn't remember anything, no name, no looks, and no idea what happened. All I knew was that I was in a hospital, and I was confused.

When I moved, I recognized the feeling of IVs and other assortment of tubes connected to my body. Looking back on it now, I still can't recognize have the things my brain had connected to me in there, and I've been in a hospital enough to recognize these types of things.

From here, I actually looked around and found just a long room full of privacy curtains and filled beds. All I could hear was just the a constant, quiet beep. No pauses. I also noticed that everything had this sort of static underlay to it.  I even found my own monitor.

It also displayed the same thing as every other in the room. Flatline.

So, I'm confused and now scared as well. 

Which is of course the perfect time for a voice to speak to me from within. It didn't sound anything like when some talks to you from across the room, or even across the table, but instead from within an ear piece.

I also knew quite acutely that I didn't have any sort of ear pieces in. I was in a hospital gown after all, since when did patients get those?

The voice is distinctly female, and she starts calling me by name. My head starts hurting, my eyes feel strained, and I'm beginning to remember key details like name, age, occupation. I also distinctly remember dying.

So, I'm remembering this, and the voice in my head is telling me about who I was, and tells me that I'd been dead for ~45 years. 

I end up asking far too many questions, not all of them completely logical. It would take far too long to record them all, so here's the summary of the answers.

Apparently, a few years before my passing, big business companies started preserving bodies as they experimented with bio-mechanical augmentation. Over time, they had learned how to accurately mimic certain organ functions in machines that were smaller than the organs they were supposed to mimic. These companies eventually managed to connect these machines to a partially augmented (and dead) human brain, finding that they were capable of a form of resurrection.

Because of these smaller machines, these bodies were capable of holding more machinery that could augment specific abilities. Imagine being a living battery, because your lungs don't take up over 40% of you torso's volume. Stuff like that. Some bones would be removed, eventually replacing a limb with something fully mechanical instead that'd be connected neurologically. I don't claim to understand neurological studies or if anything in this dream is even remotely possible. 

With these technological advancements, business specifically designed for human augmentation sprung up and made enough money that they became almost untouchable. To cut their "generous" funding and aid would spell disaster for a government. 

Over time, more companies would rise up to equal power and would do just about the same. Now, they were reviving dead individuals who possessed skill-sets that'd work exceptionally well in a... morally grey area of work: mercenary/hired gun work. 

How does riot/peace keeping personnel fit within mercenary work? I dunno, honestly.

Anyways, I find out I'm supposed to be a part of a company's mercenary army/staff, and that an underground faction of people have hacked into the hospital's database in order to get as many people in my... situation, out as possible.

All of the answers I received come while being carefully guided out of the hospital, even coming across an abandoned security guard's outfit (I'm still horribly confused about this and will probably omit this small piece from any piece of literature I possibly write in regards to this). 

This female voice eventually leads me out of the hospital, where the world looks nothing like what I'd expect. Regular cars drive on the street, however small carrier VTOL's move around overhead. All of the buildings seem to just rise infinitely, and I'm noticing that everything seems to be housed withing much larger buildings. It's like one of those russian matryoshka dolls. Only instead of one building inside of another, it's like 100's of buildings inside one.

The final thing she tells me is that I have two options, I can either move into the crowd and gain a new identity, forever trying to assimilate into a new and foreign society, or I can head for the car down the block where on of their operatives were waiting. 

She then says she looks forward to working with me and cuts out, and that's where the dream ended.

I woke up confused, terrified, and incredibly inspired to record everything I just witnessed.

Hope you all enjoyed that little jump down the rabbit hole.

• Upvote 2

I had a dream last night where I walked out of the house onto the street and looked up at the darkening sky, with the vague sense that something was wrong, which only further deepened when I saw a couple of fighter jets streaking westerly over our neighborhood. I was still trying to guess at all the different things it could mean when an unmarked personnel carrier rolled up, with several armed guys popping out all at once, all dressed in a drab, unmarked uniforms. One guy had a thick brick of a handheld device that he held out in front of him like a geiger counter. He points it towards me and says, "there's one." By this point my parents stepped out of the house behind me, puzzled. These uniformed guys inform them that I have powers and they politely explained that they have orders to take me in for training and study... but that compliance wasn't a choice. I was thinking to myself, oh yeah, I do have powers, don't I. I could already tell these guys weren't military or government at all. Uniformed or not, they're weren't in military uniforms and didn't really move with the real precision or organization of any sort of special or secret group. I figured they were some wannabe mafia criminal organization that was trying to make a big, coordinated move and it would be better to just go with them now and get my family out of immediate danger. Last thing I needed was for these semi-organized and trained guys to hit my family in the crossfire, so I told my parents that it would be alright, that I would go with them and be back later. They relented without too much fuss and I left with these guys. I'm riding in the back alone, looking outside through the thick canvas walls of the carrier like they were windows. when I look back and see that my brother has been running out behind the vehicle, chasing it. It's my brother as he was as a young kid so I was anxious about his safety, so I teleport out the street to him and tell him to go back home, that I'll be back but I need him to be at home with out parents to make sure they stay safe. I convince him to go back home, but then I notice that there's snow and ice on the road in this section of the neighborhood and that my brother is running barefoot. Figuring he'd get major frostbite if he kept on going like that, I warped to him and got him to stop. I thought about home and started opening a black gateway, which took us to our dining room. My parents were there and I told them to either hide or bunker down, because I didn't these guys I was dealing with were up to any good. I figured my stepdad would know how to handle things because he owns a few guns and retired from the military and had already guessed that these guys weren't really official. But I would have to go back to these guys to make sure they didn't try to come back and threaten them to find me before they were ready, and to find out what they were really trying to do with kids with powers. I could handle myself and I didn't want to have to worry about keeping them safe and they needn't worry about me being safe. Without giving them much time to try to argue, I started making a portal somewhere in downtown where I felt they were going to be at soon so I could teleport back into the vehicle before they had noticed I had gone. It was a lot harder and took a lot of concentration because it was a vague sense of location. The portal started off as a small rectangle in front of me that I had to physically force open wide enough for it to be able to draw me through. I ended up in the middle of an empty street in an eerily empty downtown. And then I woke up.