DID I DO A GOOD?! [SPOILERS AHOY]

Lord Chespin

So, um... I saved the Eldest, and gave up the Magma Stone. I have several questions...

1) Does Alieta still go into an eternal coma if I don't relinquish the Magma Stone?

2) Will I still be able to fight the whale without Magma Drift?

3) If I can't get to the whale, will Tesla die too?

4) Overall, did I make the right choice?

5) When will Texen stop being a total d@#$*?

1. Dunno

2. It's mandatory that you defeat the whale

3. See number 2.

4. That'll be determined later on in the game. As of now it doesn't affect too much.

5. Never! He's not as bad as Fern, and it was fun mashing his team and screwing up his gym.

1. Yes (not sure but gonna say yes)

2. Yes.

3. Probably.

4. It depends on you mate. I would think so, even though I wanted to let the Elder die but went too fast and chose to save her.

5. Never. That's like asking Fern or Blake to stop being one.

1: Yes, tested both of the possible outcomes myself

2: You only need Magma Drift to get in. You don't need it to get to the whale

3: You will fight the whale regardless

4: Depends on a later episode, but remember that speech Charlotte gave us in Reborn?

5: If it means I get to stop wrecking his gym and his team, Then I want him to be dick.

Wait... then who takes care of her if the Eldest dies? Does the Grunt?

If you keep the magma stone the eldest doesn't die. The maid teleports next to you or something and grabs the magma stone, and it breaks in half and she takes half of the magma stone. I doubt much of anything will be different in the future episodes regardless of which option you chose to be honest.

1) Does Alieta still go into an eternal coma if I don't relinquish the Magma Stone?

Most likely.

2) Will I still be able to fight the whale without Magma Drift?

I don't think so since there's no way around getting to the mountain without it.

3) If I can't get to the whale, will Tesla die too?

Most likely, but in case she does, the Elite 8 will need a new member. On the bright side, one of the Xen Admins would die too since xey were swallowed up as well.

4) Overall, did I make the right choice?

I think that depends on a later episode, but In my opinion, I'd say no, because I didn't want them to thaw out The Abominable Snow-Bitch Angie. also, remember the speech that Charlotte told you back in Reborn (Assuming you beat Episode 15)?

5) When will Texen stop being a total dick?

When water stops being wet.

1)yes because I choose the other one.

2)dunno

3)dunno , i skip fighting whale one time and all I remember is Amber will said something like "oh thanks for saving me... not!" or something like that and say that Saki rescued her. dunno if Saki rescue Tesla or not.

4)Its not possible to tell yet but I like my decision though.

1. Yes
2. Yes, although it isn't mandatory if you kept the stone. Still do it for what you get, though. It's worth it.
3. Idk, I just fought the whale. >10k experience is hard to say no to. I guess not if you have a choice.
4. Keeping it was the better choice, as freeing Angie with half the stone is harder than with a full one, I think. Although, if you didn't, you get a pretty funny cutscene at some point.
5. Never. He isn't important enough to get a character arch (at this point), so that's why I guess so.

Edited by laggless01

Texen is a massive ass for no actual reason, he's like a jerk just to be a jerk. He's kind of like Blake but while Blake was actually pretty funny texen just makes me want to punch him in the face.

Agreed. Even though Blake was an (to put it mildly) asshole, he at least wasn't sexist. Texen, on the other hand, is the biggest chauvinistic pig I've ever seen in any game, ever. He's like the Pokemon equivalent of Duke Nukem, only not as funny and stripped of any few redeeming qualities he may have had.

Edited by supermario79411

I wouldn't go as far to say that Blake isn't sexist(he definitely has shades of it although not to Texen's extent), but Blake's antics feel more in line with his role as Cal's counterpart/Team Meteor associate while Texen's only defining trait so far is that he's a massive asshole who somehow got okay'd by the league. He's TOO much of a jerk to where he's just entirely unlikable and a bit unbelievable in that he became gym leader. I think if he's fleshed out more later on he'd be better but yeah I'm not a fan of him at all, although I don't think we're supposed to be. Tex is like Gamergater with pokemon.