How old is actually Reborn City?

kithas

So, how old is actually Reborn City? Not the actual game, but the titular city itself. I'm kind of confused about some points of Reborn's internal timeline:

We know for sure Reborn City is at least 10 years old, because that's the time Adrienn spent trapped in the Citae and the time the Fairy Gym was abandoned. But then, even before restoration, Reborn was known for being an old glory, like before it went bad it was like an oasis in a desert, and that Character!Ame restarted the Gym League (so there was something before, with Adrienn, the Belrose parents...) and there are a lot of npc talking about how marvelous it was back when they were young (I recall some old npc in Peridot who said something about looking at the lake or taking some strolls). So Reborn is a pretty big city in the middle of nowhere, with a lot of inhabitants, and even some big buildings (the Orphanage, the library in Lapis, all the shopping places on Obsidia...) by wich I get it has to be pretty old, or maybe standard old, for it to have reunited and built all the standard features of a big city. Damn, it even has super old ruins at the bottom of the lake and legends about how legendary mons changed the temperature of the mountains.

But then, we get to know Team Meteor's backstory and Solaris' and they tell us that there was an ancient tribe which guarded alone the old meteor which is presumably inside the Citae Sanctum when Solaris was young, then... All of Reborn happened, they covered the place with a whole city and forgot about the altar's actual existance, all way before Adrienn's disappearance (because xe didn't know about any sacred places at all).

So there's the problem: Is Solaris (& Elias) way older than he appears, or Reborn City way younger than I think it would be realistic, or maybe I did mistake something inbetween?

I think you got wrong that the tribe was there when Solaris himself was young.
Solaris is just one of the chief guardians down the bloodline.

the whole region seems to have been inhabited ever since microorganisms and animals fused into humans Arceus created life.

• Haha 1

• Veterans
1 hour ago, CrossImpact said:

I think you got wrong that the tribe was there when Solaris himself was young.
Solaris is just one of the chief guardians down the bloodline.

the whole region seems to have been inhabited ever since microorganisms and animals fused into humans Arceus created life.

From ingame text you can gather that by the time Solaris was born the only ones actually around for that purpose were his small family and El's. The city itself is in it's second incarnation post collapse which was caused by Meteor(?). I'd give it around 30 years given that iirc Taka mentions that it wasn't around when his father was young, and Solaris is in his late 40s iirc.

23 minutes ago, Azery then said:

From ingame text you can gather that by the time Solaris was born the only ones actually around for that purpose were his small family and El's. The city itself is in it's second incarnation post collapse which was caused by Meteor(?). I'd give it around 30 years given that iirc Taka mentions that it wasn't around when his father was young, and Solaris is in his late 40s iirc.

That must be where I took it from that Solaris knew a time before Reborn. I finsd it strange nobody (one would suppose gym leaders such as Adrienn would be well-informed) about the burial site, but xe had no idea.