Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Onehit KO Attacks on Pulse Mons

Nemésis

Question

Hello there,

since I don't know where to ask this, i'll just post it here. My Question is, do Attacks like Sheer Cold work on PULSE Pokemons? (Esp. Swalot) i'm kinda stuck with my current team at it since it outspeeds my Team (for some forsaken reason). If not, what did you do to take it down?
any help would be great ^^

6 answers to this question

To answer the original question, generally the PULSE Mons will be higher level than yours, and OHKO moves don't work if your Mons are of a lower level. So while they work in theory, in practice you will almost never get to use them.

As for how to deal with the Swalot, Blizzard to freeze the field greatly weakens it as it loses it's boost to all of it's main attacks.

Like @Lokpopzer said , you can use blizzard to freeze the field and prevent him to use advantages of it. You can also simply use no brains attacks like destiny bond to easy kill him.

Or you can use a magnemite with sturdy and thunder waves to paralyse him 

I was simply bored with this fight.So I used a pokemon that had perish song.

Obviously it was very underlevelled.So turn 1, I used trick room.

Then perish song and you can guess what happens next.

Also OHKO moves will fail because the pulse mons are at higher level.

According to the linked topic ,special attack,sp defense and speed are switched in PBS files.So Swalot sp. def stat might actually switch into speed hence it outspeeds you.This is fixed for ep 17.

The method I used to take down Pulse Swalot was Seaking using Soak, instantly removes Swalots advantage of the field and turns it against it with it taking huge chunks of damage due to the field each turn and because you can catch Seaking from the water near the waterfall to enter the area anyway it is very convenient.