Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

on the hunt for a steel type

frezze

Question

11 answers to this question

You could try getting a drilbur from the mystery egg and evolve it into Excadrill. Keep in mind you only have a 1/18 chance though. Alternatively you can also get a Pawniard from the mystery egg.

If you have a pokemon with headbutt, you can use it on trees outside of the Grand Hall in order to get Pineco, and thus Forretress

Edited by Lucky1998

18 minutes ago, frezze said:

i'm asking again, but where do i get the mystery egg?

Asking again? You asked for steel types, people answered where you can get steel types avaliable to you at that point in the game. I don't get the need of "asking again".

As for the Mystery Egg, it's a sidequest from Jasper Ward. You get it by breeding a Growlithe Egg, and giving it to one of the policeman in the police station. In return, you'll get a Mystery Egg, which has a 1/18 chance of being a Drilbur.

In the "Team Showcase" subforum, there's a post for monorunners which includes what pokemons you can get between gym badges, categorized by types; check it out.

Edited by Maltor

15 minutes ago, Maltor said:

Asking again? You asked for steel types, people answered where you can get steel types avaliable to you at that point in the game. I don't get the need of "asking again".

As for the Mystery Egg, it's a sidequest from Jasper Ward. You get it by breeding a Growlithe Egg, and giving it to one of the policeman in the police station. In return, you'll get a Mystery Egg, which has a 1/18 chance of being a Drilbur.

In the "Team Showcase" subforum, there's a post for monorunners which includes what pokemons you can get between gym badges, categorized by types; check it out.

what i meat by "asking again" are because i'm asking a new question in the same content thing, and what should i breed my growlithe with to get an egg from it? i'm only asking so it's gets easier for me and curious how to do things even thou i have played the game once/twice before

Just now, frezze said:

what i meat by "asking again" are because i'm asking a new question in the same content thing, and what should i breed my growlithe with to get an egg from it? i'm only asking so it's gets easier for me and curious how to do things even thou i have played the game once/twice before

If you have a female Growlithe, you need to breed her with any male pokemon in the same egg group (in Growlithe's case, it's Field).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Field_(Egg_Group)

If you have a male Growlithe, then you can only get a Growlithe egg by breeding it with a Ditto.