The Redemption Reader - News, Information, and Teasers!

As he silently makes his return into the depths of the unknown dangers that lurk ahead of him, a daring news reporter once again sets foot into his old hometown.

First and foremost, it feels good to be back in the writing department! I've been out of things for so long, life has gotten rather bland after I had said I would be taking my leave with regards to writing for the Redemption League, even though I did continue as a reporter elsewhere, it was simply not the same! 

To those unfamiliar with me, I'm your Gallade with the hottest news, fresh off the press! Previously reporting on a weekly basis for the first season of the Redemption League was quite the task, I dare say I had quite the crowd awaiting my interviews, unveiling the mysteries around certain leaders, and even getting to know them on a personal basis! With all the information I provided you, the loyal readers of the formerly known Reborn Reader, with tidbits of information on new and upcoming leaders as time went by! Whether I did the right thing was completely up to you to judge, I just did whatever I could do to help give people a slight advantage throughout the weeks! 

And without further ado, I present to you all: A brand new edition, fresh off the presses... The Redemption Reader!

GsZy4w5.png

Special Edition! An interview with the League's host!

With that said, I think I'll have to have a little heart-to-heart conversation with a certain someone about another certain some.. thing. 

G. Gallade: "Knock, knock. I know you're here. Don't hide it! A reporter's instinct never lies!"

??? : "What do you want, I'm busy right now! Make it qui- Uh-oh."

G. Gallade: "Hello... Dash. It's been quite some time, hasn't it?"

Dash: "Sup fam, how you been?"

G. Gallade: "I've been well. Until I found out about a few things regarding a few people. And not just people, but a few Pokémon as well."

Dash: "Look, if this is about the stupid cactus thing, I had no say in it, alright?"

G. Gallade: "Oh. It's not just the fact I WAS REPLACED WITH A CACTUS, it's the fact that certain people have gone MISSING. Speak up about what happened to them. If you don't, I'll dedicate myself to bringing you down until I find out where they all went."

Dash: "False threats won't get you far, old friend. Your former master knows this all too well."

G. Gallade: "Don't you dare speak his name! I distanced myself from this wicked man for good reason!"

Dash: "Is that so? You might want to have a word with Mr. Edgar sometime. You'd be surprised about what happened in the time you were gone. He's one of the few people who still knows what's right and what's not."

G. Gallade: "Edgar? Who's Edgar?"

Dash: "...Dexter, your former Trainer."

G. Gallade: "Um, come again?"

Dash: "All will be told in due time, old friend. But for now.. I believe you and I have a few things to talk about before you walk out these doors."

And so my chat with the Redemption League's host began. We sat there for several hours, which seemed like they were days. It just wouldn't end as to what happened in these past months for things to make huge twists... Even Dash couldn't maintain himself from what happened to some of the leaders, it was simply horrifying to hear.

G. Gallade: "So let me get this straight. This little girl called Mira, is the reason Alicia is gone? How?"

Dash: "I guess I'm to blame, but I felt something exceptional from Mira. It wasn't just the fact she had this creepy little thing following her everywhere she went, it was something.. Ominous. Like a dark aura of some sort. I can't quite express it in words."

G. Gallade: "But you said she was lonely when you found her?"

Dash: "Correct. She was at the cemetery, just a few gravestones away from (...), so I guess it couldn't be a coincidence."

G. Gallade: "But why, of all places, at a cemetery? I recall first finding Alicia there, but that doesn't make any sense as to why a child would be there by herself."

??? : "M-Mira wanted to talk to ghosties.. Ghosties like to play with Mira and Mimi, so Mira goes there sometimes..

Dash: "Mira! I didn't hear you come in.. What's up kiddo?"

Mira: "Mira heard you talk about Alli, and Mira wanted to talk with- Hi, who are you, mister Pokémon?"

G. Gallade: "Grapevine Gallade's the name little girl, I was just having a chat with Dash about Alicia.. Do you maybe know something Dash doesn't know about her?"

Mira: "Glapefine Gawwade? Weird name! You're a weird Pokémon, mister! Are you here to play with Mira?"

G. Gallade: "That's... Grapevine Gallade- Not... -Sigh- I'm not here to play, sorry little girl. However, you may be able to help me! Do you know anything about a girl named Alicia?"

Mira: "Alli? Big sis Alli? Mira doesn't know.. Mimi and Mira were playing with ghosties one day, and Alli was there with Missy as well, and all of a sudden Alli was gone, Mira only heard crunchy behind Mimi.. And Mimi was smiling, so I thought Alli went to hide to play with Mira and the ghosties! But Alli never showed.. And Missy was gone too, so Mira got lonely a-and.. -sob-"

Dash: "I have a fair idea on what happened, as she was crying when I found her. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the new Pokémon that have been sighted, but supposedly, this Pokémon called Mimikyu has a sinister aura that will cause anyone who tries to look under its disguise, to be absorbed into the Pokémon itself. This is purely hypothetical, but what if somehow, Alicia tripped, looked up and happened to accidentally peek under Mimikyu's disguise robe..?"

Mira: "No! Mimi would never do that, right Mimi? Mimi and Mira are best fwens!"

G. Gallade: "I think that would be a plausible assumption as to how Alicia went missing, though I'm not convinced she simply tripped.. I believe there's something else behind this, and I'm going to find out exactly what.

Dash: "Where are you going?"

G. Gallade: "To find answers. Can I count on your assistance?"

Dash: "I cannot assist you further, I have to look after Mira, and manage the second season.. There's quite some things that have to be managed this time around. New rules and whatnot, y'know. Apologies, old friend."

G. Gallade: "I see. Until next time then, "friend." "

A few days later...

Alicia's disappearance.. Mira's ability to communicate with ghosts.. Mimikyu possibly linking to Alicia's disappearance.. They're all pieces of the same puzzle, but where does it all fit? Someone doesn't simply trip if there's nothing and nobody else around her except for two Pokémon and a little girl, right?

???: Dahhhhhlinnnnn', you look so 2016, who even designed your outfit? What are you supposed to be, an old-school detective? Oh-me-oh-myyyyy. You're carrying a state-of-the-art camera? I take that back. You're trying to be a journalist? Ohohohooo, that's simply fabulous dahlinnnn. Do tell how you got this silly idea! Can I guess? Wait a minute...... You can't be that old rag from last year? What's it again...... Gallade something something lame? 

G. Gallade: "Who said that?"

???: "Oh puhleeeaassseeee. It is I, the one and only Curious Cacturneeeeeee! Spotlight on me, feast your eyes on this fabulous bod! Yes, quite wonderful if I can say so myself."

G. Gallade: "You look weird to say the least, and you're trying to trashtalk my outfit? You're just a plain ol' Cacturne..."

zkVctg5.png

C. Cacturne: "Plain? Did you call me plain?! This shade is one only a few Cacturne have the privilege of obtaining! This exceptional shade of green is a once in a lifetime thing! I dare say I'm the only one of my kind out here, and you think you're all that?! What do you know about style and fashion anyways, looking the way you look?! Nothing! Nothing, I say! Why I be-"

Grapevine Gallade used Close Combat!

Critical hit!

Curious Cacturne fainted!

G. Gallade: "I really don't have time to deal with the likes of you, I have important matters to attend to. Stay down and never return, or face the consequences again."

???: "What a shame.. It seems one of my main pieces has been put out of order. And another one has returned to the board. This is going to be very interesting..."

A few moments later...

WttJ5qB.png

G. Gallade: "Ah, excellent! Nicholas, is that you? It is! Nick, can I have a word with you?" 

Nick: "..Oh, it's you again. When did you get back? H-hey! Don't touch that!"

G. Gallade: "What's under he- Hey! I'm just snooping around, okay? Sheesh, you mechanics and your inventions are weird sometimes. Can't I take a quick sneak peek what's under these covers?"

Nick: "No, you really can't. I'd probably have to electrocute you if you found out what I was creating. Or at least sic Manectric on you."

G. Gallade: "Manectric? What happened to Magnezone?"

Nick: "He's still around, but it turns out magnets and computers generally don't mix too well, you know? Guess I should've figured that one out sooner."

G. Gallade: "I see... Good doggy... I'm not here to cause any harm or anything, Nick and I are friends, see?"

Nick: "It's okay, Manectric. For now. (If I nod, burn his bum out of the workshop.)"

G. Gallade: "Alright so... Nick, I'm here to catch up with everyone a little bit. How have you been these past months? Anything new?"

Nick: "I've been tinkering around with an appliance for the city, that would generate enough power to keep the city lit at night for the next decade or so. It just needs a plutonium rod, perhaps a very rough diamond or some sort of dense fuel... I suppose you don't have any of these things on you, huh?"

G. Gallade: "You do realize that if you mess this up, the entire city could be blown to pieces, right?"

Nick: "A risk I'm willing to take, if it means we benefit from it for the next decade. I suppose you've heard the news?"

G. Gallade: "News? What news?"

Nick: "The new Ghost-type leader? Alicia's been missing for quite some time, and this little girl supposedly took over. Apparently she's pretty good, too. Haven't really talked to the kid much, though."

G. Gallade: "Kid? You don't mean Mira, do you?"

Nick: "You've met her? Hmph. I can't say I know her battling potential all that well, I just know she has this creepy looking little doll following her. Weird, if ya ask me."

G. Gallade: "So Alicia disappears, Mira takes her place... It all seems a bit too convenient, honestly. However, I digress. I've heard that you've been given a gift by Dash?"

Nick: "Oh, you mean the Mega Bracelet? Yeah. It looked nice and stuff, but it was rather inconvenient on my wrist, so I converted it to something more my style. I placed the entire mechanism in my main control unit, so I'm free to call upon the power of the Mega Bracelet by utilizing my personal Mega Controller. Quite nifty, if you ask me."

G. Gallade: "Mega Controller? Sounds like a lame- -gulp-"

Nick: "Do it, Manectric. Flamethrower."

Manectric's Manectite is reacting to Nick's Mega Controller!

Manectric has Mega Evolved into Mega Manectric!

G. Gallade: "W-wait, can't we talk about this? Nick! Don't- Owowow! Alright, alright! I get the message!"

Nick: "Serves you right. That's for trying to snoop around my inventions. Now, time to finish my mechanized creation."

I guess that Manectric is supposed to be Nick's guard dog...? Whatever the case, it sure packs a nasty Flamethrower. It might even lose composure and possibly Overheat the entire workshop, or just short-circuit the entire city with a Discharge here and there.

Phew. That sure wore me out, I think I'll be paying Olivia a visit next, I thought I saw her garden outside of the Redemption HQ, so I bet I'll be able to find her there! Or maybe I'll run into Mira again, I'd like to maybe talk to her if I can, she looks like a girl shrouded in mysteries.

Until next time loyal readers!

Grapevine Gallade signing out for the day!

PS: "Curious Cacturne" has been diagnosed to be in a deep coma, with minimal chances of ever waking up. I guess that Close Combat might have been a bit too much?

32 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Nice to see Gallade back. Wondering how his meeting with Edgar will go down.

Guess Cacturne wasn't well liked? lol. He did an alright job.

Aside from being often late and inactive, he used to venture far too much into awkward territory and frequently failed at being funny/amusing. In a way, he was just a poor fit with the league.

Double the trouble, or double the fun? Or maybe neither one?!

Good evening loyal readers, Grapevine Gallade back at it again, with yet another interview, writing for the Redemption Reader! I've set out to find out what exactly happened to some of the former Redemption League's leaders, as some went missing, or simply vanished without a trace! 

I previously had a chat with Dash, who barely let anything go, and with Nick, trying to pry some info-on-the-downlow, with no good results, aside from the fact he did mention Mira took over Alicia's spot... Interesting turn of events, if I can say! 

I seem to have spotted Olivia in her flower garden, so I think I'll ask her about a few things next! Thumbs crossed, loyal readers!

rCmzlIS.png

G. Gallade: "Olivia, is that you? It is!" 

Olivia: "Oh. You. Hello- H-hey! Watch your step, I just planted some flowers! Sheesh, you're as blind as ever."

G. Gallade: "I'm sorry, I didn't know you just tended this patch of soil. Do you perhaps have time for another interview? There's a bunch of new challengers, and I'd like them to get to know you a bit better! I also have a few questions regarding a few of the other leaders... If you don't mind, that is." 

Olivia: "Fine, as long as you don't mention him."

G. Gallade: "Gotcha! Alright, first question: ..What do you know about Mira?"

Olivia: "Wait, wha- I thought you were going to ask questions about me?"

G. Gallade: "Oh, I will. But what do you know about her?"

Olivia: "I, uh.. Don't really know all that much about her. She's just a bit timid, but I guess she's cheerful, if that's what you want to know?"

G. Gallade: "That... Doesn't really help me, but I'll take it. Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out a thing or two. Sooo, how's Serperior doing? Still getting along with your other Pokémon?"

Olivia: "I wish I could say... But Serperior isn't really liking some of the new Pokémon I recently obtained, and sometimes even fights with them when I'm not looking..."

G. Gallade: "New Pokémon, you say? Such as?"

Olivia: "Oh, I've recently obtained a Pokémon called Tsareena, she's simply magnificent. Such a sweet aroma, majestic and agile movement, she's simply amazing to be around. However, she does tend to take her role seriously from time to time, which can be a bit troublesome for the others."

G. Gallade: "How so? Does she do anything in particular?"

Olivia: "She tends to issue orders. Actual battle orders. I'm pretty sure that I'm the one who's supposed to call the shots, not her... So I try not to rely on Tsareena too often."

G. Gallade: "That does sound troublesome, I guess. Is that a Mega Bracelet I see on your wrist?"

Olivia: "It is! Keen Eye you have there. It doubles as a Z-Crystal mechanism as well, though I'm not to fully tap into those powers just yet, sadly."

G. Gallade: "That's a very Justified call you made there, but how come you're not allowed to use them yet?"

Olivia: "Haha, I can't say so just yet, sorry! Let's just say it may or may not be a thing in the future, in Dash's words, that is."

G. Gallade: "Interesting... A possible future feature? Sounds like a scoop to me! Anything else you want to tell the crowd before I wrap this up?"

Olivia: "I do, actually. Be wary of my brother. Something seems to be wrong as of late, and I feel like he's involved one way or another."

G. Gallade: "You mean Oliver...?"

Olivia: "Don't say his name! Serperior and Venusaur, would you be so kind as to show Gallade off? Use force if he resists. Bye now, Gallade."

G. Gallade: "Olivia! That's not nice of you! Oliviaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Well, that was quite rude, to force me out like that... I didn't even do anything- Wait... Mira? Why is she- Floating?! What in the world?

G. Gallade: "Mira...? Are you.. Floating?"

Mira: "Hi mister Pokémon! Mira's not floating.... What do you mean?"

G. Gallade: (I really did see her float... Or was I just imagining things?) "Oh, nothing. Forget I said anything! How are you today, Mira?"

Mira: "Mira and Mimi were about to go and get something to eat! Do you want to join us mister Gawwade?"

G. Gallade: "Uh, sure I guess.. Where are we going?"

Mira: "Mira doesn't know! Mimi knows where to go, so let's follow Mimi!"

Some time later.....

G. Gallade: "Hey, this place looks nice! Let's grab a bite here?"

Mira: "Umm.. Mimi? Mimi, where are youuuu? Mister Pokémon, Mimi is gone! H-help Mira find Mimi please!"

G. Gallade: "Oh dear..." (I should help, even though I'm really starving...) "Let's look around! Mimi can't have wandered off that far, right? Let's split up!"

Mira: "Mira will look over there! Mister Pokémon, can you look around here? Mimiiiii, Mimi where are youuu?"

G. Gallade: "Mimi? Come on out, Mimi! It's me- What? Mimi...?" -bonk-

???: "Heehee, let's play!"

A few hours later...

G. Gallade: "Oof, my head... What happened- Wait a minute, my camera! Huh? Where's my recording set..? Where's Mira gone off to?" 

???: "Let's play a game! I hid your belongings, can you find them back?" 

G. Gallade: "Who said that?! Show yourself!" 

???: "Heehee, catch me if you cannnn~" 

G. Gallade: "Grr. This is just like that wild ride He- Never mind. I shouldn't think back on that again. Let's see... No footsteps anywhere, so I can't trace those. What's that sparkling thing over there?" 

Mira: "Eek! Mister Pokémon found Mira! Run away Mimi!"

G. Gallade: "I'll be taking that camera back! Wait... Why do I see pictures of Mimikyu? Why is it looking up to... Nothing?"

Mira: "What do you mean mister Pokémon? Mira and Mimi took pictures together by accident, Mira's sorry..."

G. Gallade: "Mira... You don't appear on these images at all. It's just your Mimikyu... Who made these?"

Mira: "Mimi pointed the camera towards us and made the pictures!"

G. Gallade: "I don't get why you don't appear on them, then..."

Mira: "You're acting funny mister Pokémon, it's like you've seen a ghost!"

G. Gallade: "Don't be sil- Hold on. Ghost? Mira, can you hold my camera for just a second?"

Mira: "Sure!"

-Camera drops on the ground-

G. Gallade: "...Just as I thought. Mira, you're a ghost, aren't you? That's why you're not appearing on these pictures, right?"

Mira: "Mira likes talking with ghosties, Mimi and Mira always have fun with them!"

G. Gallade: "That didn't answer my question. Are you a ghost?"

Mira: "Yes... B-but Mira can't remember what happened though."

G. Gallade: "I think I have to- Go... Somewhere."

Mira: "B-but, what's wrong mister Pokémon? Don't you wanna play with Mimi and Mira?"

G. Gallade: "I would, but I think I know something more about you, that you don't know for yourself... And I have to check back on old documents and news articles to make sure my theories and assumptions are correct. Would you mind if we went back downtown?"

Mira: "Okay! Can we play again sometime soon, mister Pokémon? Oh! Mimi hid your recording thingies inside that hollow tree!"

G. Gallade: "Oh, thanks! We'll play again, but only after I've found out the truth behind you becoming what you are now. Does that sound fair?"

Mira: "Mira likes that idea! Okay! Let's go back!"

kd6otfe.png ("This image was made off sketches I had drawn from what I can remember Mira looking like, considering the fact my camera only showed Mimikyu...")

G. Gallade: ("She has no memories of what happened... But, I think I have an idea of where Mira's really from. If my assumptions are indeed correct, Mira's been wandering around for at least a decade. If that's the case, I might know of someone who can confirm this for me.")

Folks, that's where I sadly have to end things off. Quite a shocker for me to find out that Mira is actually a ghost... Though it seems she is aware of the fact, she doesn't really let go much about it. It seems she tries to keep it as quiet as possible, even though it's pretty clear... 

Stay tuned upcoming week, where I'll try to tackle a thing or two regarding Mira's whereabouts, and the next interviews I'll be trying to get with the second bracket's leaders! ...Specifically, Edgar.

As always, thanks for reading! Grapevine Gallade, signing out for the week!

Edited by Grapevine Gallade

1 minute ago, Lord Chespin said:

Mira is not a ghost. She's just a sweet little girl with ethereal body and want to make friends with both people and pokemon. Look at her Alicia screaming for help among a torrent of souls, isn't she lovely?

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. DON'T TREAT MIRA LIKE SHE'S EVIL ~

Just now, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. DON'T TREAT MIRA LIKE SHE'S EVIL ~

I don't think she's evil; the whole Alicia thing was a total accident. Heck, she's probably my favorite of the new leaders.

IT"S THAT DAMN SWORD WHO'S THE TRUE MONSTER ARRRRRRGPOIMWHMBIOBHIOM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gone, but not forgotten! Or not?

Good afternoon loyal readers, Grapevine Gallade back at it again! Excuse the hiatus, I've had quite some.. Let's just call them "minor predicaments" with a few things concerning a stable connection. Long story short- Or, you know what. No.

Y'know. I've tried. I tried to get back into my reporter status of things, tried to make things lively again after infinitely hacking down the meme that was a cactus.

The amount of "new" faces I've seen pop up during S2 is honestly not to my liking. That's a personal opinion. Not as Grapevine Gallade, but as Dash. Ta-da, cat's outta the bag.

I've been writing every single interview since the first season started, popped up on the server as Grapevine Gallade way back then as well, kept the entire charade ongoing for as long as I could, but I've reached a point where I'm pretty much "eh, whatever, doesn't matter and don't care.", so I'm going to relieve myself of a burden of being a try-hard news reporter/tabloid editor and stop trying to create these interviews.

For those who enjoyed reading these interviews, thanks for putting your time into interviews that took me hours to literally pull out of nowhere. Imagination is as limited as you can imagine it to be. If you have no limits, that means your imagination is also limitless.

To those complaining about the fact there hadn't been any interviews as per schedule back in S1 (and some even in S2 from what I saw), sorry. Having a full-time job is stressful enough as it is, I can't take on another "job", or create a physical double of myself to keep doing what I've been doing.

So there you have it. No more interviews. No more Grapevine Gallade. 

So for the last time, thanks for reading.

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out forever.

Well, this sucks.

But it is perfectly understandable. Those interviews were excellent, and you've already made an excellent work with and dedicate so much of yourself to the league itself. So goodbye Dashvine Stormlade, and excellent job mate.