Leader rankshifts!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Venus is too strong for Bracket 2, where do you think she should be?

• Bracket 3
    • Bracket 4
    • Stay in Bracket 2
  2. 2. Who else do you want to see moved up?

• Ariel
    • Elliot
    • Erwin
    • They're fine where they are.

Greetings, (future) challenger!

We've more or less already established that we're going to be doing a few rankshifts very soon (end of January), but we would also like to involve our challengers a little bit.

We're quite aware of the fact that some leaders do better than others, which has more or less become a very tough wall to climb. For this reason, we're shifting leaders around the currently revealed brackets, but we also want your opinions in this matter.

Above this post, you can find a short poll, I would appreciate if you could cast your votes for both these questions!

EDIT: Because I didn't foresee the fact that people might be fine with where Ariel/Elliot/Erwin are currently placed, I've added a 4th option for that question!

Thanks in advance!

Ariel has the 4th highest win rate, and the most challenges to date. Venus has the highest win rate at five losses.

Promoting both is not a bad choice, though Venus shouldn't go too far up. Maybe just rotate Lucy, Venus, and Ariel Lucyplsdontkillme

Edited by Cobalt996

v̶e̶n̶u̶s̶2̶s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶k̶p̶l̶s̶n̶e̶r̶f̶

Venus should definitely be moved up, she's like, the brick wall of B2.

I personally think that Ariel, Elliot and Erwin are fine as they are, but I'm voting on Elliot bcs CHUBB NEEDZ HELP

thank me later

Actually I think that this talk is kinda premature... The stats do not include the very last weekend yet, and I don't think we still have that much data about Bracket 4 to make rankshifts affect it. Hell, I'm not sure about if we have enough data for B3! I think the best would be to wait until next weekend is over, we get a bigger sample size on B3 mostly and B4 as well, and we can examine it all better.

As of now, I think that B1 is fine. I have a suspicion that Ariel has been feasting on people for a number of reasons (the intricacies of triples, the multiple efforts required by people and he fact that anyone can challenge her, meaning that some people fighting her are not really up to the task).

Venus needs to move up, since it has evidently caused problems for the totality of the league's challengers... but I think she could only be swapped by Lucifer: here's my line of thoughts:

Ariel plays triples exclusively.

Elliot plays doubles exclusively.

Olivia plays either singles or doubles.

Nick plays either triples or singles.

Haley plays singles mostly.

And Venus plays singles exclusively.

I think it would be best to prevent early league being almost exclusively played in multis, keep Helen in B3 and have Lucifer fill Venus' place in B2.

But yeah, I'd prefer to wait for this past weekend's data and the next one's too.

This poll won't be affected by just last weekend's results. I'm letting this run until after next weekend, because that's when we'll actually be doing the shifting around.

I prefer that people also vote for themselves and their personal opinions, not to help others. It's supposed to be even for everyone (for as much as this is possible).

So let's take a look at the stats currently available to the public (these most likely do not include this weekend's win rates, and thus, will not include all data used in making the final decisions). And also, sorry for the big post.

Bracket 1:
Nick: 25 wins, 59 losses out of 84 battles = 29.76% Win rate
Olivia: 46 wins, 63 losses out of 109 battles = 42.2% Win rate
Ariel: 71 wins, 44 losses out of 115 battles = 61.74% Win rate

Bracket 2:

Haley: 41 wins, 29 losses out of 70 battles = 58.57% Win rate
Elliot: 41 wins, 15 losses out of 56 battles = 73.21% Win rate
Venus: 51 wins, 5 losses out of 56 battles = 91.07% Win rate

Bracket 3:

Lucifer: 5 wins, 9 losses out of 14 battles: 35.71% win rate
Helen: 2 wins, 4 losses out of 6 battles: 33.33% win rate
Erwin: 10 wins, 3 losses out of 13 battles: 76.92% win rate

Bracket 4:

Alicia: 0 wins, 3 losses out of 3 battles: 0% win rate

As you can see, each Bracket, aside from Bracket 4, has a clear gatekeeper, or someone whose win rates make it harder than usual for people complete the bracket. For Bracket 1, it is Ariel. For Bracket 2, it is Venus. For Bracket 3, it is Erwin.

Now, given the rules for this league that require you to acquire two badges from your current bracket before you can advance to challenge leaders of the following bracket, a gatekeeper in each is healthy.

Going through each bracket should feel like an accomplishment, not a breeze. You've got to find someone to give you that challenge to make a jump in the bracket feel like an accomplishment. You technically don't have to battle Ariel until you want to advance to Bracket 3. But if you choose to battle xem, xe is your challenge, and xe is the hump you should get over, and the win should feel rewarding (granted I took xe down in one match but that's beside the point). What would be the point of Bracket 1 if it were just a free win? It would just be a waste of time you could have spent on more challenging leaders. Ariel's win rate isn't absurd like Venus', and xe has received the most challenges out of every leader. There are other factors going into this win rate besides difficulty. For example, with the stigma Ariel has around xem, people could have their play affected by nerves. Additionally, Ariel should be that one leader that stops you early on in the league to make you think, "Did I prepare myself enough for this? Did I make a good enough team to get me far, or should I reevaluate while I'm not that far ahead?" Also, Ariel will most often fight in triple battles. Most people have trouble making a team around double/triple battles, and the synergy between multiple fairy types on one field can be astonishing to some. As I said, this is the point where the challenger should reevaluate their team before they go any further. So, personally, I think Ariel is fine where xe is.

I don't think I even need to talk about Venus. She needs to be at least Bracket 3 because having a gatekeeper with that absurd a win rate is unnecessary.

Now we have Elliot, the normal type nuisance to some. A 73% win rate is nothing to laugh at. But to be completely honest, I think this win rate stems from his type. Normal is a type that seems to be bland, straightforward, and easy at a glance. But when you go deeper, the variety and diversity of the type is astonishing. Most normal types come with a wide variety of moves that can cover multiple different types with excellent utility to back them up. Additionally, let's take a moment to understand that bracket two has the most difficult availability of all, and because of it, people will often go into battle with gym leaders without preparing themselves because they know that will be the only time in the week that they can battle them. Elliot is your result. People go in unprepared, underestimate the power of a double battle with normal types, and get blown out of the water because of it. He should be the designated gatekeeper of B2, and perhaps someone like Luci should come down to replace Venus.

Now, Bracket 3 is way too hard to judge. They're sporting low and high win rates with a small amount of battles. Without a lot of battles, it's difficult to provide an accurate measure of their difficulty. But, if Venus is going up to B3, then we probably need to shuffle someone like Lucifer down. If she goes to B4, well I guess Alicia should swap with her, considering she has a 0% win rate.

I really like Elliot where he is. I feel like he is needed in B2, while Venus gets moved up, and yes Ariel may be doing pretty good and might be due a promote, but B1 might become too easy without her, no offense to the other leaders. Also, having a triples player in the first bracket seems like a good idea.

Unfortunately, I've seen quite little of all the leaders other than those I have already defeated and Venus..

I fought Elliot twice I think, the second time was because he was my only option..

I wasn't trying particularly hard to counter or prepare my team (EXCUSES!)

But he was pretty tough in my opinion (Against a ghost mono)

If I somehow manage to give it a really good try before the end of the season,

I would know better, but right now, Elliot is a possibility for promotion in my opinion.

Venus, as we all know, is super tough, unfortunately, because of my lack of knowledge of the level of difficulty of higher up leaders, it's not for me to determine exactly what bracket she should be moved to.

as for Ariel, since the beginning, I've heard a lot of complaint about xem being really difficult,

I personally had no trouble at all with xem (Look at me, I'm bragging, Chubb, if you're reading this, read my battle log with Ariel >:D)

But I have watched quite a few of xyr recent battles and xe seems pretty tough (One of the reasons I'm not restarting)

Though, whether Ariel is good enough to move Elliot or Haley down to B1 is questionable in my opinion.

So basically, to recap, I have no idea about this.