Third gym... Team advice?

Dar

So, I think it's time to start getting serious about my team. Up until now, I've been using a small team of 5-6 Pokemon that have done well, but I need to start forming a team to swap them out with from time to time. And I need advice on what Pokemon to put in there, and what moves to give them.. Note that I tend to get attached to my team and would still like to keep my current members in the rotation, and that I only have 5 at the moment because my Ekans wasn't doing well and I needed to hatch Ducklett.

Quilladin

Ability: Overgrow

Pin Missle

Bite

Needle Arm

Rollout

Litleo

Ability: Unnerve

Fire Fang

Work Up

Headbutt

Take Down

Teddiursa

Ability: Pickup

Baby-Doll Eyes

Fury Swipes

Feint Attack

Lick

(Probably has the worst moveset in the team right now, but she pulls her own weight)

Woobat

Ability: Unaware

Air Cutter

Attract

Heart Stamp

Assurance

Kricketune

Ability: Swarm

Fury Cutter

Sing

Cut (I know, HMs are bad, but I needed one to progress back when I had a full team)

X-Scissor

PC 'mons: Cherubi. Pachirisu, Budew, Whismur, Panpor, Igglybuff, Swirlix, Poochyena, Glameow, Zigzagoon, Lillipup, Ekans, Ducklett, Vivillion, Drifloon, Azurill

So, any Pokemon recommendations? Also, I think I can get Emolga now, so if anyone can tell me where to get that, that would be great.

The first thing that comes to mind would be evolving Teddiursa and Litleo, Pyroar isn't that great in the long run, but has next to no trouble with this gym. Pachirisu can also be quite useful against this gym's ace and the next gym's line-up in general. Also, get that Lilipup to Stoutland, it's incredibly good at this part of the game. Noctowl is also a great one at that point.

I'd add another fire type to your team like one of the ones found in the team aqua/magma event

Kind of late, but I'm not sure if OP yet has access to the Lapis Ward. By 3rd gym he may mean Corey since new players are led to believe that Corey will give out the third badge.

I don't know how much you've progressed exactly, but if you have been able to make it to the Beryl Ward, I do have some suggestions for you up at that point.

- You do indeed have access to ground types at that point in the game, and the one that comes to my mind is Huge Power Diggersby. You can find them in the caves in the Rhondicrine Jungle as Bunnelby.

• Pro Tip: if you have that Peridot Ward hidden Heart Scale on you, using it on Diggersby to learn Bulldoze is quite ideal, as it's best ground type move by learn up is Mud Shot at this point in the game. Mud Shot's accuracy isn't exactly very reliable.

- An Electric type Pokemon would be advised in this gym, in my opinion. I would suggest getting Shinx from the Game Corner, but Manectric and Pachirisu might work as well.

- You may also want a Poison type of your own to suck up the Toxic Spikes.

Edited by Hilda

- You may also want a Poison type of your own to suck up the Toxic Spikes.

Nu-uh. If you've saved all of the policemen then you'll fight him in the corrosive gas field and he won't be setting any toxic spikes. If you haven't then you'll be fighting him in the corrupted field and the toxic spikes are impossible to absorb.

I think the Drifloon knows Gust when you catch it. If that's so, then I suggest you use your Drifloon in the battle with Corey.

Why? Because Gust terminates the corrosive mist field.

The field is always designed to help the gym leader. Destroying it evens the scales. Transforming it to something that helps your team is even better; learning to work in it, turning it against the leader, is probably the most difficult option but maybe the most satisfactory as well. In your case, you don't have much that benefit from Corey's field and you can't transform it, so your best bet is probably to terminate it.

To make sure you actually fight him in corrosive mist, do what Sheep said (I didn't know it worked that way personally.) The reason I think corrosive mist is preferable to corrupted field is that you can't get rid of corrupted field.

Nu-uh. If you've saved all of the policemen then you'll fight him in the corrosive gas field and he won't be setting any toxic spikes. If you haven't then you'll be fighting him in the corrupted field and the toxic spikes are impossible to absorb.

Alright. You got me with this one. I saved all of the policemen. Sorry, friends.

• Veterans

So i'd say 1 thing

Grab that Mareep and train it

It in tandem with a good Ground type can Make Aya a piece of Strawberry Shortcake

also after beating shelly headup to the Abandoned factory with Rock Smash

and Smash the rock to access a mountan that has Swinubs and Cubchoo's and other pokemons

You can, actually, get rid of the Corrupted field. Since Castform is obtainable, you can use the Sunny Day/Rain Dance combo to change it to a Rainbow field. The question is, do you really want to go through all of that hassle? (I do, but I'm doing it for Florinia so my case is a bit different than yours.)

But yes, getting rid of the field is very important. You're going to have a hard time with Corey if you don't. I would also say to grab something that can paralyze the Crobat, since you're going to want to slow it down. Glancing at your boxed 'mons, I see Pachirisu, Budew and Ekans that have methods of doing so via level-up. Take your pick. That Emolga you want can do it, too, since you mentioned it.

You can, actually, get rid of the Corrupted field. Since Castform is obtainable, you can use the Sunny Day/Rain Dance combo to change it to a Rainbow field.

You're right. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think of it.

I think Gust+corrosive mist is the simplest way, because OP already has Drifloon. But whatever combination works for him is fine.

Edited by Amber132