New Admin, Pokedex Project

Amethyst

• Administrators
There's a new sheriff in town, what what?
Ladies and Gentlemen of Reborn, I present to you your [b]new Admin, Ashen![/b]
I imagine for many of you this may seem out of the blue, considering she hasn't technically been active here more than a few days. Some brief history for you all though: In an earlier incarnation of the site she actually hosted us in a time when I could not, and was an excellent co-admin.
Those days, however passed, and she was left running a Pokemon/gaming site/blog for some time. So a few days ago I approached her with an offer. Therefore, very shortly, we will be hosting her blog in return- and in the meantime, [b]Ashen rejoins the staff, heading up a certain project development[/b] that she had been working on a few years ago.

...There would be a suspenseful moment here, but the title has already given it away.

[b]Reborn is developing its own Pokedex, complete with the strategy section and moveset collection[/b] that Smogon has not been able to publicize yet. The dex itself is already in development, but once its set-up is complete, [b]we will be asking for the help of everyone to make this project a success.
[/b]
Scratch that, we already are!

You'll note that [b]a new forum has been created under the Pokemon section[/b] (note, this is members-only for the time being, so if you're a guest, you'll have to register to see it!) cataloging topics for every fully evolved, unevolving and popular NFE Pokemon. Each of those topics contains a brief template for you all to [b]submit your sets into the strategy dex.[/b] Also please note you are free to export sets directly from PO. We are depending on all of your contributions to make this possible.

For every set you submit to a Pokemon's topic, you will be marked for a value reward in the future. Sets that are finalized, making it into the finished dex (most will) will receive a bonus, and additionally, you will automatically get a bonus if you are the first person to submit a set for that Pokemon. Details on the nature of these rewards will come shortly.

In these topics, [b]feel free to comment on, critique each others' or edit your own sets as well. [/b]These will stay open for quite some time- and there should be plenty of opportunity for submission and discussion.

As was pointed out earlier, it may be a little bit difficult to find the Pokemon you want to submit a set for when there are approximately 13 pages of other Pokemon to sift through. I realize this. I apologize. I had intended to promote the forum's specific search function to workaround this, however it turns out it does not search in topic titles. Oops.
Therefore, [b]I'll write a query myself that will allow you all to search a specific Pokemon and go to that topic quickly. [/b]I will probably do this after league tonight. Until then, bear with me.

[b]If anyone has any suggestions of things to be sure to include in the Pokedex, feel free to drop them off here.[/b] And thank you, everyone, for your support.

• Administrators
Protip, everyone, the search function does work; Ame just fails... [s]And nobody's surprised.[/s]
Gotta use this one though:

[img]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll193/Ikaru_Kazuna/Everything%20Else/Searchdemo.png[/img]

[quote][b]...new Admin, Ashen!

Ashen rejoins the staff, heading up a certain project development.

Reborn is developing its own Pokedex, complete with the strategy section and moveset collection...

...we will be asking for the help of everyone to make this project a success.

...a new forum has been created under the Pokemon section

...submit your sets into the strategy dex.

...feel free to comment on, critique each others' or edit your own sets as well.

I'll write a query myself that will allow you all to search a specific Pokemon and go to that topic quickly.

If anyone has any suggestions of things to be sure to include in the Pokedex, feel free to drop them off here.[/b][/quote]

For anyone too lazy to read Ame's post (which is most of you (Kidding (Or am I?))) even though the entire post contains valuable knowledge with highlighted sections.

I'll ask questions after I take a look at the project.

• Administrators
Search is your Friend, Mael:
[url="http://www.pokemonreborn.com/index.php?showtopic=628&hl=Feraligatr"]http://www.pokemonreborn.com/index.php?showto...p;hl=Feraligatr[/url]

But yes, thanks for highlighting my highlights, Knight. -_-