Zhroud Final TeaM...Rotom Form Question for the Developers...

KnightZhroud

It was... Corsola, I think, actually.

Yep:

Wooper/Quagsire -> Corsola -> Archen

Just remember that you have to go back to E12 to be able to pass down TMs, since E13 updated to Gen VI mechanics, where they don't pass down anymore.

I don't believe it....you can actually get earthquake to Archen.... Yeah, I save EP12 files. Damn it....grind again..... Thanks for the tip gal

That Roserade looks good, but keep in mind Sleep only lasts 1-3 turns, but if you use an Ability Capsule to change to Technician, you can have a 90 BP Hidden Power. Also, once Leaf Storms debuff has been applied, Giga Drain is stronger (and there's the healing too). LS is good, but I'm not a fan of it.

Swampert's good defenses are actually a reason against using Counter and MC, since they do 2x the damage you take, which won't be that much because it has all that bulk, so you're better of just directly attacking. Something like Endeavor would be better than those 2, if you want a similar move. Hammer Arm is still a thing, Rock slide can be gotten (Archeops>Corsola>Mudkip), Curse is also a great move for Swampert (Bibarel at 53, Tirtouga at 35 (which you can get at the Circus)).

Lost is right on EQ, which I would recommend instead of U-turn. UT is a competitive move, not too useful here. Not much else to say, except pointing out to keep DC.

Metagross is good, but think about getting a Durant. More power (hustle), far more variety with moves, Bug STAB>Psychic STAB IMO, way more speed, fewer weaknesses. It's not as good defensively, but you'll be getting hit less often, so it works out (just try to stay away from special attackers). An accuracy boosting item would benefit both Met across and Durant.

I'd recommend Shade's Rotom set, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Hex, Electro Ball. Paralysis and Confusion give the for a 25% chance to move, confusion lasts 1-4 active turns, so it's 1-4 + the number of turns the for doesn't move due to paralysis. After Paralysis, only foes originally faster than Room are hit by 60 BP Electro Ball, all others are hit by 80, 120 or even 150 BP. And you already know about Hex, so there's that. If you want, instead of Discharge/E.Ball, you could also use that Charge Beam TM from way back.

Double Team is a really bad move, especially on Rotom, because it doesn't have that much bulk to set it up or survive if it does get hit. It's also unreliable.

EDIT: I also think you can go back to 7th Street and teach Rotom Electroweb of you don't like Confusion, further boosting E.Ball's power, but the para-con combo seems like the better choice (to me).

Edited by Etesian

That Roserade looks good, but keep in mind Sleep only lasts 1-3 turns, but if you use an Ability Capsule to change to Technician, you can have a 90 BP Hidden Power. Also, once Leaf Storms debuff has been applied, Giga Drain is stronger (and there's the healing too). LS is good, but I'm not a fan of it.

Swampert's good defenses are actually a reason against using Counter and MC, since they do 2x the damage you take, which won't be that much because it has all that bulk, so you're better of just directly attacking. Something like Endeavor would be better than those 2, if you want a similar move. Hammer Arm is still a thing, Rock slide can be gotten (Archeops>Corsola>Mudkip), Curse is also a great move for Swampert (Bibarel at 53, Tirtouga at 35 (which you can get at the Circus)).

Lost is right on EQ, which I would recommend instead of U-turn. UT is a competitive move, not too useful here. Not much else to say, except pointing out to keep DC.

Metagross is good, but think about getting a Durant. More power (hustle), far more variety with moves, Bug STAB>Psychic STAB IMO, way more speed, fewer weaknesses. It's not as good defensively, but you'll be getting hit less often, so it works out (just try to stay away from special attackers). An accuracy boosting item would benefit both Met across and Durant.

I'd recommend Shade's Rotom set, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Hex, Electro Ball. Paralysis and Confusion give the for a 25% chance to move, confusion lasts 1-4 active turns, so it's 1-4 + the number of turns the for doesn't move due to paralysis. After Paralysis, only foes originally faster than Room are hit by 60 BP Electro Ball, all others are hit by 80, 120 or even 150 BP. And you already know about Hex, so there's that. If you want, instead of Discharge/E.Ball, you could also use that Charge Beam TM from way back.

Double Team is a really bad move, especially on Rotom, because it doesn't have that much bulk to set it up or survive if it does get hit. It's also unreliable.

EDIT: I also think you can go back to 7th Street and teach Rotom Electroweb of you don't like Confusion, further boosting E.Ball's power, but the para-con combo seems like the better choice (to me).

I hate you, you always think outside the box lol. For Roserade I always switch out when I use LS since I 1HKO almost every time. That's actually a good point for Swampert bulkness, but I was able to faint that Gym 9th lvl 70 Umbreon with Mirror Coat in 1 turn lol. I see how well it plays in the next Gym,

I need a Bug type move on my team and I think I'm going to change Metagross. I don't need Psychic when I have Flying covering Fighting and 2 Pokemon with Earthquakes covering Poison. Damn, how come I never though of that? What movesets are good for Durant ?

Rotom, I wanted it to have Confuse Ray instead of Double Team but I ran of Heart Scales, going to have to farm for more. That's actually a pretty good point with Electro Ball....need more Heart Scales for sure.

PS Let me repeat that I hate you :D

EDIT: I didn't realize that there was good Bug types Pokemon (I didn't even knew Durant even existed until you mention it). I'm between Escavalier, Scizor and Durant. Although Scizor isn't yet in the game....

Edited by KnightZhroud

Good level-up moves for Durant are Iron Head, X-Scissor, Crunch and Dig. You can breed Rock Slide (Crustle), Feint Attack (Crustle) and Rock Tomb (Sudowoodo/Onix>Crustle>Durant). You can also breed Hone Claws (Skorupi/Drapion) and Thunder Fang (Drapion). There's also Baton Pass to keep the chain going (Scolipede, Surskit, Ninjask, Lediba/Ledian).

Now, you could go all out on offense with Iron Head, X-Scissor, Dig and Rock Slide/Rock Tomb (hits 512 foes super-effectively). You already have 2 Ground moves, but Dig as the fourth move is the only available move that gives Durant perfect neutral coverage (beside Dark, but you've got enough Ghost moves, and Dark instead of Rock gives perfect yet inferior coverage), which is greatly beneficial for sweeping, especially if you Baton Pass an SD from Blaziken (which you don't have to rely on)

See which Rock move you want, Slide is a bit stronger and has a 30% flinch chance, but that flinch chance doesn't matter at all if the foe is faster. Tomb has slightly better accuracy and less power, but the Speed drop can help against faster foes to support your team as well as make foes slow enough to utilize Iron Head's high 30% flinch chance (if you didn't Baton Pass).

You could go for a Dark move instead of a Rock move (still perfect coverage, but 100-ish foes more aren't struck super-effectively). Feint Attack has less power than Crunch, but it never misses, so it can be useful if your next attack has to hit.

There's also Hone Claws, which boosts your accuracy to 93%, which is above 100% with that accuracy boosting item from the O.Dept Store, although I think Durant is better off Attacking right of the bat rather than boosting itself, especially if you BP from Blaziken. Even without the Acc. boost of HC, you still have 88% accuracy with that item. Almost the same accuracy as Blaziken's HJK and how often does that miss? I'd say the first option is better.

You also have inferior coverage since you're only relying on 3 attacking moves, of which Thunder Fang (if you go for it) super-effectively does barely more damage than any of Durant's STABs neutrally.

Or you could run Iron Head, XS, Baton Pass and Dig/Crunch and you wouldn't have to worry about coverage at all since Durant wouldn't have to sweep, you could just pass the buffs from Blaziken over to someone else via Baton Pass if things aren't looking too good for Durant. I'd go for this or the first option.

Rather than farming Heart Scales for Rotom, you could just breed it with a Ditto, pretty sure it would have Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave at level one.

My guess is that it'll be a long long time until we get a Scizor. Escavalier is very good too, but it depends on what you want. Escavalier is bulkier than Durant, not by much on the physical side, by a lot on the special side, but it's weaker (Hustle), has less attack types and it's speed is really, really bad, 20 base. At +4 speed, it's barely enough to outspeed something like Arcanine (95 base) Even buffless Durant has enough speed and power (as well as the moves) to kill oposing Fire types (with some luck) while Escavalier stands no chance. Megahorn is Escavalier's only move with more than 80 BP and even that does barely more than Durant's X-Scissor, let's not mention the other moves.

Good level-up moves for Durant are Iron Head, X-Scissor, Crunch and Dig. You can breed Rock Slide (Crustle), Feint Attack (Crustle) and Rock Tomb (Sudowoodo/Onix>Crustle>Durant). You can also breed Hone Claws (Skorupi/Drapion) and Thunder Fang (Drapion). There's also Baton Pass to keep the chain going (Scolipede, Surskit, Ninjask, Lediba/Ledian).

Now, you could go all out on offense with Iron Head, X-Scissor, Dig and Rock Slide/Rock Tomb (hits 512 foes super-effectively). You already have 2 Ground moves, but Dig as the fourth move is the only available move that gives Durant perfect neutral coverage (beside Dark, but you've got enough Ghost moves, and Dark instead of Rock gives perfect yet inferior coverage), which is greatly beneficial for sweeping, especially if you Baton Pass an SD from Blaziken...

For Durant, I when with level up moves: Iron Head, X-Scissor, Crunch and Dig. I too tired of grinding for egg moves and them level them up. And when Scizor becomes available I'll switch my Durant for that.

Escavalier seems good but I can't stand slow Pokemon. I had Dusclops previously on the team and it didn't work for me lol

For Rotom, I forgot (again) that you can breed a genderless Pokemon. Too late, I grind about 19 Heart Scales mining lol (Plus I don't want to do all that EXP grind again so I'm going to spend it on Rotom)