Sutoratosu

Notice!

This IC thread is for the following Participants in Project Sky Slayer only:

-King Murdoc

-Snap Crackle Pop

-K_H

-Supernovae

-Chimchain

you post in this thread, and aren't one of the people named above, and I'll have Hukuna Sensai use Crunch on you.

Chapter 2 a- "Pursuit" official theme

It was after a fifth-teen minute walk that the group arrived at Ko'Luki's homestead. It was a stout little abode, with stone walls and a roof that had a few shingles missing here and there. The windows were darkened, the air unnaturally still. Not a single thing stirred around the prospective heroes... not a single life form. no crickets, no wolf howls, no animals grazing in the wooded areas to either side of the road... The night was silent. No one had noticed until now, but the sky had transitioned from an inky black, to the color of blood since they had left the city. A bad omen in and of itself.

Crack! a noise sounded from not far off. Nothing was there however... except shadows... shadows that seemed to writhe in the light of this crimson moon. Everyone subconsciously began putting up their guard, a feeling of general unease falling over the group of warriors as they stood there.

"Unlock the door any day now, Alchemist..." Atton muttered sarcastically. He glanced around vigilantly as he spoke, his hand resting on the hilt of his blade, gripping it bone-white. "after all, it's not like there's some mad man running around trying to kill everyone on the planet..."

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ko'luki procured his Ornate-looking House Key and opened the Door. Then, he entered. it was normal-looking inside, which was a bit unusual, especially for an Alchemist who lived outside of town. Ko'luki, however, was the only one who knew of a Secret Door that led downstairs into his Laboratory. the only things he said before entering his Home were:

"Follow Me."

Then, Ko'luki knelt down near one of his Rugs that was in the Corner and prepared to remove the rug when everyone had gone inside and someone had closed the door.

Edited by K_H

Aaron was the first to enter the home. and he stopped in his tracks the moment he was through the door. The air was cold and still... it held a certain metallic tang to it, almost like blood... though it seemed like Ko'Luki was oblivious to it.

"there's something in here with us..." The boy said.

Ko'luki answered Aaron after standing up again.

"Aaron, I've been living alone for the past year."

Then, he answered Matrim's question.

"Yes, Matrim, there's a Guitar in the Front Room. Feel free to play on it all you want."

Ko'luki then turned back to Aaron.

"Aaron, if there's someone else here, then we need to find them."

Edited by K_H

"In the next room..." was all he said before going silent for a moment. He was thinking about something, but as to what, it couldn't be deduced. His eyes had a glint of blue in them as he concentrated on some mental task...

"their sitting in front of a fire... and their cooking something..." he continued. "something that smells like blood."

As Kenny entered the room, he could see that Aaron was indeed correct. there was someone sitting here. in front of a roaring fire set in the middle of the floor... there was a makeshift spit over the flames... a grease drizzled pot sizzled and boiled. It was a young man, looking arond Aaron's age. He had Auburn hair and tired eyes. an intricate robe of blue and silver and gold was draped over his shoulders. The boy turned to look at him, and Ko'luki felt a familiar feeling shoot through him... the same feeling from the shop.

"It's about time you all got here..." the young man said.

Ko'luki asked the mysterious person two questions.

"Who are you, and why do i get the feeling that I met you back in the Shop that was in Cithalos before it got destroyed?"

The feeling grew stronger as the young man smirked unsettlingly, turning his attention the pot and stirring whatever was in it as he answered.

"You don't need to know who am, alchemist..." he said "nor does your any question have any significance... now tell everyone to get in here.. I've something to discuss..."

If Ko'luki was thinking of disobeying the request, than any thought of rebellion was quickly quashed as the feeling of fear and dread then grew even more stronger... though not nearly as bad as at the shop earlier... but still, it was enough to make Ko'Luki consider doing what he said... and quickly.

Maximus immediately dropped what he was doing when he heard Ko'luki scream. The Ekarder quickly drew his weapon, the Steele Splinter, and charged into the other room. Maximus's eyes quickly found what had startled the alchemist. A stranger was sitting in this room. Without a moment's hesitation, Maximus aimed his Drake Lance at the man. "Speak your business and be quick about it. I have no quarrels with skewering a thief," the Ekarder spoke with venom in his tone, careful not to take his eyes off the man.

Matrim looked about nervously as he walked into the room "There's no need for us to fight," he told the others. "Can't we start out with a reasonable discussion?" I swear I've read about something like this before, the bard thought, noting the teeth.

((/rolls knowledge check))

Maximus quickly glanced over at Matrim,"No one's fighting, well not yet." He then looked back to what he could now see was just a boy, albeit a very creepy looking boy. "And yeah, this lance here? I don't think I'll be putting it away. Not until you state your business." The Ekarder kept himself in a defensive stance, making sure to keep his weapon between the boy and his own body. He wasn't sure what that ... thing was about to do, but he was sure that he didn't want to be mutilated by it.

Trystane was busy looking around Ko’luki’s house, inspecting some of the random stuff laying around, when he heard the alchemist yell to come to the other room. The Hunter entered what seemed to be the living room while Maximus was pointing his spear at a creepy looking kid. Trystane raised an eyebrow. “Who, or what, are you?”

Octavia entered the room as the others did as well, somewhat startled by the sudden shout, though not surprised to see the reason for it was another person in the house. She didn't say anything upon entering, seeing at how the others had already voiced her thoughts, so she stood, eying the pot and the kid tending it curiously.

"I have only one task here..." the boy said. "It is to retrieve the Alpha and Omega from the little bitch I gave it to earlier this night..."

"You mean, this little bitch?" Aaron scoffed as he entered the room along with everyone else. Atton took one look at the strange boy and drew his sword, bringing it to the ready, eying the child with prudence, prepared to react however might be necessary should he lash out at someone.

"Back up from him," he ordered. "that little bastard isn't human..."

"Not human?" the boy mocked. His voice began to noticeably change as he went on"NOT HUMAN???? BUT ATTON... I'M JUST AS HUMAN AS YOU OR MAXIMUS HERE OR KO'LUKI OR ERIC OR OCTAVIA OR-"

"How do you know any of their names?" Aaron demanded. He knew even before Atton had said it that whatever the hell this thing was, it wasn't human... no human had teeth like that of a wolf or eyes black like coals... though he guessed that he was the only one who saw the latter of those traits in the other boy's face... since no one else was bringing it up.

"WHY, AARON..." The boy responded, his voice growing in intensity. "I AM GOD HIMSELF... DON'T YOU RECALL? DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT ALREA-"

"Drop the act," the boy said, cutting the thing off. "There's no way in hell that you're who you say you are... you're breath reeks of blood, you teeth could single-handedly tear apart a full grown buck... and your eyes look like death itself." The thing didn't respond to that, simply looked around at the band of heroes, starring Octavia, Maximus, Ko'Luki, Trystane, and Matrim each in the eye... there was no evidence of what Aaron had said about him now. he looked like a completely normal human. His voice had changed back to sounding somewhat normal as well.

"Don't tell me your going to listen to this worthless fuck of a hero," he said. "Why should you trust him? he bitched and moaned and whined about his fate, he's no savior, he's just a nobody who wished to fly close to the sun, but rebelled against the chance when he finally was given it... wouldn't you rather have someone who won't probably run away at the first sign of trouble, leaving you all to your fates? wouldn't you rather have someone who knows what the hell their doing?"

Aaron didn't say anything in his defense... partially because it was true... but mostly because he was focused on the contents of the pot sitting atop the coals of the fire...

((OCC: what-if-i-0w0lsz.jpg))

((you heard Morpheus... either answer the question...or take a peek inside that pot...))

Ko'luki backed away, and snarled at the mysterious not-a-man. He then decided to ask a question of his own, anger clearly evident in his voice.

"Just what the h*ll were you thinking, breaking into my house and cooking-"

Ko'luki looked at the pot, and asked another question, and his anger turned into disgust.

"Just what the H*ll is in that Pot?!"

Edited by K_H

Trystane drew his spear. “His previous actions showed him to be human,” he said to whatever that thing in front of them was. “Even if he acted like a brat, it told me he has doubts about this and doesn’t take this lightly. And that’s why I’ll follow him. Yet here you are claiming you are, or know someone, we should follow and knows what the hell he’s supposed to do with all those powers. That makes you even more suspicious…” Trystane walked over, eyeing the thing carefully. “Now how do you know all of us and what’s in that pot?” he asked while taking a peek in it.

Edited by Chimchain

Well, point certainly proven. Octavia thought to herself, her eyes narrowed suspiciously at the creepy kid. Aaron may not be the best person to be the leader of this resistance, but... that doesn't prove anything in regards to whether or not this guy here should be trusted, it could almost be called irrelevant.

Her eyes flickered to Aaron before returning to the pot of mystery substances in front of the group. How does he know our names though, she thought, thoroughly on guard at this point. Octavia had to resist the urge to grab the handle of her scythe, instead keeping her hands at her side as she stood; she didn't want to indicate how suspicious she actually was at this point. That is something a god might know, but still not impossible to know otherwise, seeing at how Muya had similar knowledge before. She took a few steps back to at least get a bit of space in case of a fight, seeing at how a few of her comrades had their weapons drawn. Why would he give the Alpha and Omega to Aaron in the first place if he would later collect them? That doesn't add up.

Edited by Snap Crackle Pop

A bubbling came from the pot as several broke the surface of the... eerily red liquid inside. then it grew greater and greater... and then something made it's way to the surface of the strange stew...

It was a skull. A human skull. It was plain as day to everyone in the room... a bleached white skull sitting in the middle of the stew... and if one look closer, they'd also see chunks of flesh in the substance as well. The thing saw this and frowned.

"ah..." he sighed.. his voice and teeth had regained their... inhumaness. "It seems I let Rodrigeuz stew for too long now." Across the room, Esmerelda's eye's widened.

"What did you say?" she asked. "Just now..."

"You heard me, Es..." he answered. "I said: It seems I let Rodriguez stew for too long." he put a lot of emphasis on the name Rodriguez.

"You lie!" she said... not sounding very convinced of her own statement.

"Here... his sword, bitch!" The thing shouted as he held out his hand and a familiar blade appeared there. he dropped it to the floor and kicked over to her. she knelt and picked it up gingerly, studying the handle and the steel... it was caked in blood.

"You...you fucking monster..." she whispered. She stood back up, Letting go of Cesealia and drawing the weapon from it's scabbard in a single motion as the other young woman lost her balance and nearly fell, though Gilwyn caught her before she could hit the floor.

"Then he is dead... He didn't escape the city...,you murdered him..."

"Oh...now now, what makes you think I did that," the thing that looked like a teenage boy asked, nodding his head and making a tsk-tsk sound.

"Hmmm..." Atton interjected, feigning to be deep in fought. "Why, that is a good question, Demon... perhaps she does because you, for one, have the man's head boiling in a stew... Two, you have his sword and pretty much admitted to it... oh, and three, how exactly did you manage to butcher him unless you had killed him first? Most men aren't content to sit by as some horror from the night tries to slice them up..."

"OH, COME NOW..." The beast attempted. It's voice was completely otherworldly now."SURELY YOU CAN'T THINK-"

"I think we can all agree that we need to kill this thing..." Aaron said, again cutting the demon off. the beast turned and gnashed his teeth at the boy, almost in an amused matter.

"AH... I SEE, I SEE..." It said. "LOOKS LIKE MY RUSE COULD USE SOME WORK..." as he spoke, his form began to change gradually... a pair of horns sprouted from his head vertically, his frame grew and became muscular, his jaw grew more powerful and two long fangs were visible sprouting upward past his lips. his skin grey grew like stone and his hair vanished. a long, powerful tail sprouted from his back and slapped the floor with such force that it broke the wooden boards. his eyes were black as coals.. and then the most fearsome feature of all came into veiw. He had Black wings like that of a raven sprouting out of his back. sleek and black as night, thick and powerful, probably enough out fly any wyrm... and his wingspan completely dominated the room, at least twenty feet from tip to tip. It was confirmed without a doubt now... this thing ain't human.

The demon grabbed hold of the pot, pulling it from the coals, not seeming to give a damn about the heat.

"Come..." he said... "Come and I shall give you a sweet taste of the stew of darkness... just as the Lord Rossephus gave me... I assure you..." a monstrous grin broke out on his face. "The taste... is Exquisite."

A hissing sound could be heard.

SSSSSSSSSSSS

The source of the noise was revealed when Ko'luki stepped forwards, two Lit HEDs in his hands.

"No one is going to have anything that was in the Pot, you foul creature. ILLUSIUS!"

And with that, Ko'luki threw down one of the Lit HEDs, which he'd modified to create a lot of smoke when it exploded, making the illusion of a Spell being cast. When it touched the floor, it exploded, creating a thick cover of smoke. Ko'luki then lobbed the other Lit HED at the Demon's Pot.

"Begone, Foul Servant of Rossephus!"

The remaining HED's Wick was lit by a Waterproof flame, and the Wick would actually burn faster in water. If it managed to go into the Pot, the HED would destroy it. If it missed, it would still cause a large explosion when the Fuse ran out, and Ko'luki had Blast-proofed his flooring when he moved in by making his Floors out of stone underneath the wooden boards.

OOC: The Wick was made with some Calcium Oxide, or what we call Quicklime, which some Chemists think was a part of "Greek Fire". Ko'luki does that with all of his HED Wicks. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_oxide)

Edited by K_H

Octavia was silent as she eyed the skull simmering in the mixture, as soon as she caught a glimpse at it, her scythe was drawn and out. She was completely transfixed on the monster before the group as it shed it's false skin. Her knuckles were bone white as she gripped the handle, the end with the blade angled towards the ground, though, there was a faint shake. The majority of it was anger, she was absolutely seething, that was certainly clear with a short glance to her direction. It took every shred of her will not to lunge forward to attack and quite possibly getting herself killed in the process. Well, perhaps not every shred- there was some hesitation. Fear. For her life and for her comrades. Every cell in her body was shouting at her to leave, turn and run... This creature... beast, demon, it was not from this world, it didn't have even a shred of humanity, and it stood before them, exuding such an aura of maliciousness. Even more so, it, what ever it was, it stood challenging them even with such a disadvantage, being outnumbered to this extent, it had to be quite strong- did they even have a chance or was it just foolishly arrogant?

Octavia stood, examining it and trying to determine the game plan from here on out. She couldn't fight sufficiently indoors, especially not in such a tight group. They shoud go outdoors so they could fully utilize they fact that they completely outnumbered it. Or maybe not... Wings like that, it would be able to fly and probably launch attacks from above, they wouldn't be able to hit it- especially without magic now, so perhaps this was good that it was trapped indoors? Was it trapped or could it just burst through the roof? Then with such large wings, they were going to have fun trying to get in closer quarters, weren't they? Also, how was it going to attack? Did it breath fire or something? That would be fun.

SSSSSSSSSSSS

The smoke bomb went off. Assuming that it was a diversion for a more dangerous bomb, she steeled her nerves and readied herself.

Edited by Snap Crackle Pop