Zhroud TeaM...Creating a TeaM..Lazy Sunday

KnightZhroud

My Metagross is Adamant and kinda EV trained (KINDA) and stuff, the only different thing is that i run Agility instead of Bullet Punch on my main Metagross (the shiny one)

Man idk honestly to me your team looks pretty damn solid o.O Maybe you should consider putting some pokemon with Poison, Flying and Ice moves for rotations. For me Crobat covers this pretty good (not the ice moves), Since i run Cross Poison and Acrobatics (with no item)

My Gengar would also be awesome poison coverage but i honestly am not in a mood to breed another one and to level him up to 70 just to have poison moves on him, so i let Crobat cover that and Gengar to take Ghost and some Dark moves

Well, that's a pretty good team. Regarding what you typed first, there's really no need for roles here. I'm going pretty much all-out on offense and never had any trouble.

Now, even though you said you don't feel like grinding for it, I seriously do recommend you get Baton Pass onto your Blaziken. Metagross, Gourgeist, Ampharos and Swampert would all be excellent sweepers if they just had some more speed. You can also breed Protect onto it. Using Smeargle or breeding a Torkoal with Protect, breed that with anything Blaziken can get Baton Pass from and then breed that with your Blaziken, is the quickest way to do it.

There's also Brave Bird.

If you'll do the Baton Pass thing, I'd get an all-out attacking moveset, Dragon Pulse and Signal Beam instead of Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. Even if you don't go for BP, I'd swap Confuse Ray for Signal Beam, as Confusion is unreliable and doesn't even last that long. But then you should keep Thunder Wave, the paralysis will help with your over-all slow team. You could also breed Agility onto it. It has the bulk to afford setting up a turn, as well as the power to utilize those buffs to sweep. That base 115 Sp.attack stat is nothing to laugh at.

If you want to make that Gourgeist last even longer, you can breed it with a Yamask for Protect and go back to E9, to the wasteland. There, you can Headbutt trees to get Munchlax, they all hold Leftovers. That way you can get 2 turns of immunity, during which you get 1/8 of your own max Health via Leftovers and 1/4 of the foes max Health.
It also learns Trick Room for which you'll soon get the TM, which would greatly benefit your team. Shame it doesn't last too long.

Instead of Sludge Wave, you should get Hammer Arm. Slightly better base power and it comes off of a stronger base attack stat. I see you already know of the Accuracy boosting items.
Swampert is really good and I honestly wouldn't swap it for Lanturn. Lanturn has a much less power, I think about equal Special bulk, but you would really notice that difference in Physical bulk.

Actually, everyone an their mother uses Sylveon in Competitive OU. At least from how many I've seen.
Sylveon can use that Shadow Ball TM, Misty Terrain isn't really good. I think you won't be getting that much health from Draining Kiss, should be better to just go for the kill with Moonblast.

Also, I really, really, really think that you should get a new Eevee and get it level 45 before evolving it. Then, it'll learn Trump Card. Trump Card with Pixilate can have up to 390 Base Power! (up to 200 base power, x1.3 for Pixilate, x1.5 for Fairy STAB because of Pixilate) It's also easy to set up to do that much.
Also, even though Sylveon's attack stat isn't that good, Covet can be good to rid a foe off of an annoying item.

Metagross really doesn't have a lot of options, but I'd say swap Bullet Punch for Agility. At +2 speed, no unboosted foe will be able to outspeed Metagross anyways, making the priority of Bullet Punch unnecessary and allowing you to use your stronger moves.

You also don't have to worry about the Natures, you'll get a chance to change them relatively soon

Edited by Etesian

Your team seems rather bulky oriented, I have to say that I like it a lot.

The only things that I would change are mainly:

Sylveon: Do you think you can handle some breeding ? If yes, I advice you to teach him the move Wish (through swirlix -> skitty -> Sylveon) Instead of draining kiss, since one offensive move on a support/def is more than enough. That way, you will have a good way to heal your bulky wall after some hits.

You can also switch Misty Terrain for Heal Bell (easier, skitty learn it) In order to be more reactive than proactive in status.

Those two changes will give you a perfect cleric sylveon. But i'm not sure you can breed him Heal Bell sadly since he originaly learn it only by a move tutor.

Secondly, when you'll have your chinchou, i would swap ampharos for a Pivot (A fast pokemon with either Batonpass, Vol Switch or U-Turn) who can hit rather nicely with rock or ice move (mainly for flying coverage).

After a fast search I find (with crobat of course) Scolipede with rock slide -breeding with trapinch- and yanmega with ancient power.

-Scolipede can act as a second sweeper or an hazard setter (toxic spike, or spike) AND learn toxic. As a bonus, you can pass speed boost via Batonpass -And keep your blaziken as an all out attacker-.

-Yanmega can act as a special sweeper with 2 other coverage that you don't own: Fly and Insect, and can even learn hypnosis or/and whirlwind.

Hope that'll help.

Edited by Django

My Metagross is Adamant and kinda EV trained (KINDA) and stuff, the only different thing is that i run Agility instead of Bullet Punch on my main Metagross (the shiny one)

Man idk honestly to me your team looks pretty damn solid....

I do have an Ice Type Pokemon in my PC (Vanilluxe Lv 51), don't know if I ever going to use him though lol. I believe what ever Poison can do, Steel types can do it better :P . I don't see a point of using Flying Type either but we will see :D

PS **** your Shiny Metagross Adamant Nature :P . I encounter 2 shiny Beldum while resetting so many times and they both killed them self due to Take Down recoil damage......

Well, that's a pretty good team. Regarding what you typed first, there's really no need for roles here. I'm going pretty much all-out on offense and never had any trouble.

Now, even though you said you don't feel like grinding for it, I seriously do recommend you get Baton Pass onto your Blaziken. Metagross, Gourgeist, Ampharos and Swampert would all be excellent sweepers if they just had some more speed. You can also breed Protect onto it. Using Smeargle or breeding a Torkoal with Protect, breed that with anything Blaziken can get Baton Pass from and then breed that with your Blaziken, is the quickest way to do it.

There's also Brave Bird.

If you'll do the Baton Pass thing, I'd get an all-out attacking moveset, Dragon Pulse and Signal Beam instead of Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. Even if you don't go for BP, I'd swap Confuse Ray for Signal Beam, as Confusion is unreliable and doesn't even last that long......

Spotted Competitive player lol. I'll eventually will get BP on Blaziken, I did lots of grind lately and I kind of want to lay back a little bit. Gourgeist is awesome with leech Seed and yes I plan to use leftovers when ever I can get it; I'm going to teach it Trick Room when ever it becomes available. Since when you play Reborn o.O, E9 most have came out last year lol. Swampert have Sludge Wave because it still Lv 55, I pick up Hammer Arm for sure.

I may change it for Lanturn IF it works for me, but I kind of want to use it for the nostalgia feel :P

Sylveon and abusing Trump Card.....How come I never though of that? 390 Base Power!!!....you most be able to 1HK almost everything....****, you are seriously making me grind another Eevee; I may do it in the end.

I didn't knew that Metagross with 1 Agility would be able to outspeed everything, I definitely will be spending a Heart Scale on it.

Woop, I didn't think we be able to change the nature of our Pokemon......

Hmm, you are making me change lots of things now.....thanks for new ideas :D

Your team seems rather bulky oriented, I have to say that I like it a lot.

The only things that I would change are mainly:

Sylveon: Do you think you can handle some breeding ? If yes, I advice you to teach him the move Wish (through swirlix -> skitty -> Sylveon) Instead of draining kiss, since one offensive move on a support/def is more than enough. That way, you will have a good way to heal your bulky wall after some hits.

You can also switch Misty Terrain for Heal Bell (easier, skitty learn it) In order to be more reactive than proactive in status.

Those two changes will give you a perfect cleric sylveon. But i'm not sure you can breed him Heal Bell sadly since he originaly learn it only by a move tutor.

Secondly, when you'll have your chinchou, i would swap ampharos for a Pivot (A fast pokemon with either Batonpass, Vol Switch or U-Turn) who can hit rather nicely with rock or ice move (mainly for flying coverage).....

I'll going to get another Eevee definitely, you guys gave me a few ideas on how to create a perfect Sylveon :) . I had to look at what "Pivot" means lol (even though you told me in the parenthesis haha)

I'm going to add Sneasel when ever it get's to Reborn. U-Turn and Volt Switch.....I keep that in mind Thanks

I'd maybe change Gourgeist's nature? I don't like sacrificing one defensive stat for the other, even if the one sacrificed isn't all that great. You're not using any special moves, so you might benefit more from Impish if you want +Defense? I'd say the same for Swampert (only it's sacrificing Special Defense for Attack), but it's running mixed, so there's not much I can offer in terms of help there.

I think everything else I would've changed has been covered.

Well i did get my Shiny Metagross by breeding and then just changed its nature (took a while though). On topic of Metagross i know both Etesian and me told you about the Agility set for Metagross, as in you set up with Agility while the opponent has something out that Metagross resists BUT if you get that Baton Pass for Blaziken then there is no need for that Agility set on Metagross

close_btn.jpg

He would get Dive pretty soon, which is essentially the same move. There's also Waterfall in E13.

true, true in that case i would breed avalanche on when it becomes available to you (soon) its not necessary and is only obtainable after certain side quests. so if your not that kind of person then dint bother to get it. i but with it you can have a purely attack based swampert with EQ, dive/waterfall, avalanche, and a move of your choice

I'd maybe change Gourgeist's nature? I don't like sacrificing one defensive stat for the other, even if the one sacrificed isn't all that great. You're not using any special moves, so you might benefit more from Impish if you want +Defense? I'd say the same for Swampert (only it's sacrificing Special Defense for Attack), but it's running mixed, so there's not much I can offer in terms of help there.

I think everything else I would've changed has been covered.

Yeah I wanted a better nature (Like Adamant) but I didn't wanted to put the hours to it, at the moment I want to end this EP before the new one releases.

Just curious couldn't you have just bred a beldum with a ditto to get an adamant one? As for your team it looks pretty solid to me and I don't really have anything to contribute that no one else has mentioned sorry :(

I didn't knew you could breed a genderless pokemon....

Well i did get my Shiny Metagross by breeding and then just changed its nature (took a while though). On topic of Metagross i know both Etesian and me told you about the Agility set for Metagross, as in you set up with Agility while the opponent has something out that Metagross resists BUT if you get that Baton Pass for Blaziken then there is no need for that Agility set on Metagross

close_btn.jpg

I got a plan to make my team whole lot better :D